Harmony Live, March 10th to 17th - If you need me, call me on my shell.

I

Same advice for you. Get your husband to follow along and I suspect you will be booking it shortly after. If not, go with the other reader who’s husband won’t. ;)

I'm planning on showing him your pictures. He responds well to pictures! :D

I just have to be sure he doesn't see or read anything at all about being cold, or being wet. :eek: If he hears either of those words mentioned, I have no chance of getting him to Alaska! I have no idea how he survived living most of his life in the northeast. :confused:

I have read your story about your little angel, Allie, and her passing. I'm sure she will be smiling down on you from heaven next week, telling you how wonderful it is for her in heaven. We will send our thoughts and prayers your way as well.

I just have to be sure he doesn't see or read anything at all about being cold, or being wet. :eek: If he hears either of those words mentioned, I have no chance of getting him to Alaska! I have no idea how he survived living most of his life in the northeast. :confused:

I have read your story about your little angel, Allie, and her passing. I'm sure she will be smiling down on you from heaven next week, telling you how wonderful it is for her in heaven. We will send our thoughts and prayers your way as well.

Thank-you Nanacy. Allie would have been 8 this year. When she passed 6 years ago she was no longer suffering and that was what gave us comfort. We also took each day as it came. Some days were tougher than others but we always looked for and took the positives. If we didn’t it would have been almost impossible.

Now on a different note of impossible, we can get your hubbie to go. I’m packing shorts with optimism. I also won’t mention temps, snow, freezing etc.

Just tell him that as sweet as he is, he isn’t made of sugar, and he won’t melt in the rain. ;)

Andrew, Have enjoyed many of your reviews. Sorry to hear about your Allie! Thoughts and prayers as you try to get through another tough week!

Thank-you TP. As the years pass it does eat easier, but one always wonders about what ifs.

Thank-you TP. As the years pass it does eat easier, but one always wonders about what ifs.

I didn't realize that many years had gone by already. It isn't meant for us to understand the reasons for some things right now. Someday it will all be clear. I'll be thinking about you folks next week.

Nancy,

Just thought I would jump in and share my experience with Alaska. I always wanted to go but my wife did not want to go anywhere "cold" for vacation. I finally convinced her and in 2004 we did 4 land days and then a southbound cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver. To this day she will tell you it was the BEST cruise she has ever taken (out of over 20 to various places). Alaska is just a gorgeous place and most days for our week were in the upper 60's or low 70's (probably odd). We did have a few colder days such as when we took a helicopter to the ice fields that feed some of the glaciers... all in all it was awe inspiring. Sitting in Glacier Bay and watching a glacier calving from the helicopter pad is something I will never forget. Bear in mind also that as beautiful as the pictures look seeing it live BLOWS that away. Photos just cannot do this place justice. Convince him and you will both be glad you did.

Now on a different note of impossible, we can get your hubbie to go. I’m packing shorts with optimism. I also won’t mention temps, snow, freezing etc.

Just tell him that as sweet as he is, he isn’t made of sugar, and he won’t melt in the rain. ;)

I've tried that approach. He just shivers and puts on another layer of clothing. Today it was in the high 70's here. He was in jeans, long sleeve shirt, flannel shirt, and jacket. I was in a tee shirt and shorts and was warm. Many people at the resort we were visiting were in the pool. You should see what happens when I try to get him on water rides, and I only do that on 90 ° days during the summer! :eek:

I'm sure I will get him to Alaska eventually. I'm counting on a lot of help from those of you writing Alaska reviews. I am hoping between the awesome scenery and finding enough activities that I know he enjoys that I can get him on board.

Edited by perfect match

Nancy,

Just thought I would jump in and share my experience with Alaska. I always wanted to go but my wife did not want to go anywhere "cold" for vacation. I finally convinced her and in 2004 we did 4 land days and then a southbound cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver. To this day she will tell you it was the BEST cruise she has ever taken (out of over 20 to various places). Alaska is just a gorgeous place and most days for our week were in the upper 60's or low 70's (probably odd). We did have a few colder days such as when we took a helicopter to the ice fields that feed some of the glaciers... all in all it was awe inspiring. Sitting in Glacier Bay and watching a glacier calving from the helicopter pad is something I will never forget. Bear in mind also that as beautiful as the pictures look seeing it live BLOWS that away. Photos just cannot do this place justice. Convince him and you will both be glad you did.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I plan on showing him your post so he can see for himself how someone else who didn't want to go somwhere cold ended up loving Alaska. I know I will get him there eventually, but I'm not booking the trip until I'm sure he is fully on board with the plan.

• 2 weeks later...
I realize I'm super-late with this, but WHAT KIND OF MONSTER WOULD PUT RAISINS IN APPLE PIE???

The most vile of monsters, and do not worry you are not late when it comes to raisins. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Hope you enjoyed the food there, my high school buddy's family owns that restaurant. They are originally from New York.

Dessert first?

45e186998499b12987d10f178ebb639e.jpg

96070f4bb01a706b9e3ef454d04f517b.jpg

How about some burgers? They are to come.

cc073c353dcbc920e1f7fbd134f2376e.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the food there, my high school buddy's family owns that restaurant. They are originally from New York.

Mouser, we love it there. It is a precruise tradition for us, at least 2 or 3 times a year we eat there. Small world as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew, I have a question and didn’t want to start a new thread. I figured that you may know the answer.

Do you know if they show the movies that they show in the Aqua Theater in the staterooms too? We have a crown loft this time and want to enjoy the comfort of the room more then we would just a balcony cabin. (It is probably the ONLY time we will do the crown loft. [emoji30])

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am super late to this thread, as I just discovered it yesterday, but I enjoyed the snot out of it. Funny stuff, Andrew. Loved the Seinfeld reference you threw in there. I would love to follow your Alaskan report real-time and not miss all the fun that I apparently missed with this one.

Hi Andrew, I have a question and didn’t want to start a new thread. I figured that you may know the answer.

Do you know if they show the movies that they show in the Aqua Theater in the staterooms too? We have a crown loft this time and want to enjoy the comfort of the room more then we would just a balcony cabin. (It is probably the ONLY time we will do the crown loft. [emoji30])

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hate to say it but in the past they have not shown the same movies in both locations. I will say though, enjoy the Crown Loft. Just take your Loft couch to the Aqua Theatre and some snacks from the suite lounge and you should be comfy.

I am super late to this thread, as I just discovered it yesterday, but I enjoyed the snot out of it. Funny stuff, Andrew. Loved the Seinfeld reference you threw in there. I would love to follow your Alaskan report real-time and not miss all the fun that I apparently missed with this one.

Hucifer, thank you. I have been loving your review as well. The readers are happy that you returned, just don’t let them know that your are losing time reading mine. ;)

If you expand my signature they are other live reviews, but the most special review was my first one. Alaska will be “Live” mid July.

Hucifer, thank you. I have been loving your review as well. The readers are happy that you returned, just don’t let them know that your are losing time reading mine. ;)

If you expand my signature they are other live reviews, but the most special review was my first one. Alaska will be “Live” mid July.

I already know.

Glad you're still enjoying my TR. I will be sure to check out your other reviews! I can now log into CC from work if I use FireFox, but damn it's slow.

Oh, and I know all about dabbing. I have a (now) 11yo.

29598145_1887813264570973_1498847504431220828_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeEafNgjuog36LUKv_FkT8QamdNWfnLtWVCdi8i0gGC6PFlHRDEIbkkNxxNXGJZuwllrSHuJ2DBRMY_ORi9t5SOuFJw8r6lU2Xn2Z6Masvq_1g&oh=da8eee607064f9f4a0de0fbe854daf37&oe=5B94F0C3

These are the kinds of things I could have shared with you in real time if I was on CC in March. :rolleyes:

I already know.

Dammit.

I expanded your signature and your bottom reviews are no longer active links. So I clicked on "See all threads started by A&L_Ont" and it only goes as far back as 2011.

Can you post a link?