Harmony Live, March 10th to 17th - If you need me, call me on my shell.

Be careful with this route, I-696 has 2 lanes closed just before it connects to I-94. I'm not sure that would be much better than the posted detour of going north on I-75 and using 8 Mile road to I-94 or just getting out of Michigan as soon as possible through Windsor.

Ahh yes, Michigan, where the state flower is the pothole and the state animal is the road construction horse. I don’t miss that part of living there at all.

Save travels home. Thanks again for taking us along no with the review.

Hope you had a good flight home.

Two questions:

1) Have you saved the Compasses?

2) What will be your next cruise?

Joe, the flight was good.

The trip home went well. Nice to be back. Unfortunately I didn’t save the compasses this cruise.

Thanks for another great review, Andrew! Looking forward to the next one!

I am too. We were chatting about it on our drive home today.

Ahh yes, Michigan, where the state flower is the pothole and the state animal is the road construction horse. I don’t miss that part of living there at all.

Save travels home. Thanks again for taking us along no with the review.

The holes were bad today. I think I saw the roof of a Honda, which was stuck in one.

Ok, this one made me snort!

Very much enjoyed your review again. Love all the humor and snide comments.

Thank you. I have worked hard on it over the years.

That's just amazing. I'm guessing Sebastian doesn't do this for anyone -- you seem like a great family, and it's obvious you treat others like you'd like to be treated yourself.

Thanks so much for taking us along on another cruise. You made a cold, bleak, late winter week much sunnier. And I'm with you on the raisins. Blech.

You are correct, I treat folks the way that I would like to be treated. One of the nicest moments of the cruise having our Genie joining us for dinner at Johnny Rockets. We convinced her to join us for a milkshake and it was great to learn about her family, boyfriend, and her 6 years of employment with RC. It was time well spent.

Thanks for another fantastic week!!

Thanks for tagging along. It is nice to know that it is appreciated. [emoji846]

A couple pics from over Detroit. The gentleman in front of me said that this was the Ford Truck plant.

29962752dc1160956970dc5632c2a92a.jpg

This photo is of Fords test track. It is on the other side of the highway.

899eb612fceac95df78a51ad3150ca2e.jpg

Thanks for the tips from the Detroit area CC members. After very little deliberation we crossed on the bridge in Detroit.

1973656d5f54c55a143439ac9205f4bb.jpg

1a4d614b544a876cad1563dab2dd6a1e.jpg

After 2.5 hours of driving from the Detroit Airport we were almost home. I really feel for those that can leave the ship and be home in less time than that. Our ten hours was a walk in the park.[emoji6]

We live on the edge of the snow belt so about 5 miles from home there was more snow on the ground. Top that off with a sticky wet gravel road that sounds like water and rocks being squeezed from a sponge. Yuck.

1547187ad29a92e677f4e18ab3e03c5b.jpg

We had Sharon tuck and roll as we drove past her house. My philosophy is like the cruise lines... thanks for joining us, don’t let the door hit your a$$ on the way out.

Everything is now unpacked and one load of laundry has been completed. Flow boards are out to the air drying and there are 5 volcano like piles sitting beside the washing machine for tomorrow. I will say I love Saturday disembarkations compared to Sunday. We have a day to recover.

I had one of these again in the flow board bag. For the last three cruises out of FLL they have been inspected. Out of DTW not once in 4 years.

5b2f37b2df6b5f6eb58a1b1a5ae19732.jpg

Now for those who have asked about Lucy. We were surprised to see her waiting for us on the front porch. Before we were even turned off the road, she lazily leapt down and then laid down in front of us. Yup, we have to move at her speed. She is a cat after all.

e80f01b3b0f0d886a34dfb5d679e5931.jpg

d97f7ff8f8bdbfb8afb46c4499f74b91.jpg

After some petting and belly rubbing she was fairly content. Well, that would be three pets and followed by a gentle bite. Followed by three pets and repeat the biting. While we were unloading the bags she jumped in the back of the Jeep to check things out, which was followed by a proper wheel sniffing.

For the rest of the evening, until it was dark, she kept an eye on us.

985d0d085b539c7404520cad0b7009bc.jpg

346737a1f8822ee67384acb80aeba2da.jpg

0f16da26c906ed93ee6ada5746026ee0.jpg

2afce3f7814e495043958f937f26e8bc.jpg

I think she’s happy that we are back.

Over all this cruise for us was great. Yes, there were a few more kids than normal on board and most of them behaved but there were some that didn’t. That being said there were some adults that did not either. However it was no worse than a normal cruise week.

I also got to have a nice visit with a gentleman that I have become friends with over the years. It is always nice to catch up with friends that work on the ship, from the top of the house, all way to house keeping.

37e3686ce6e5c099400c15a1af54a1f3.jpg

We over heard some typical conversations, such as people wanting to pull tips (because they are cheap), we saw poor elevator etiquette etc.

I always look at the post Cruise restricted item pick-up table. I also try to get a photo but they are fairly strict about photography in certain areas. This week there were half a dozen irons, more than a dozen power bars, a few steamers but the best was a full size blender. It still doesn’t beat the crockpot from a few years ago. Our Genie said that someone once tried to bring a full sized microwave. I wonder what we will see next time?

Edited by A&L_Ont

That pretty much wraps up this live review. If you have any questions I will answer them for you over the next couple of days. Thanks for tagging along with us, and if this was your first time or 5th time I hope you had fun.

So time to answer the last question that some of you have posed. When will the next adventure begin?

If you follow me on Periscope over the next few months it will be quiet until early June. That’s when I will be packing up for a week long road trip from Ontario to Bowling Green KY, which ends in Charlotte NC. 7 cities in 7 days, to which I will log about 3,000 miles.

Now, if that type of cruising isn’t for you I have some better news. Four months today our group, Lisa, Owen, Sharon and I, are heading North West to Alaska.

After a three day land tour we will board Radiance of the Seas in Seaward Alaska, for a south bound sailing ending in Vancouver Canada.

Shore excursions have been long booked, BOGO meals reserved, and we have set early dining. And yes, there is no flow rider on this ship. I repeat, there is no flow rider.

Four months, less a day or so, watch for my next live review.

31b929d83c8392213c134bd2cb8de4c3.jpg

That pretty much wraps up this live review. If you have any questions I will answer them for you over the next couple of days. Thanks for tagging along with us, and if this was your first time or 5th time I hope you had fun.

Hi Andrew! Thanks again for a great review. I remember a year or so back, there were issues with boarding Harmony via Star Class... sounded like a gentleman had Napoleon complex. Did you have any issues this go around?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Andrew! Thanks again for a great review. I remember a year or so back, there were issues with boarding Harmony via Star Class... sounded like a gentleman had Napoleon complex. Did you have any issues this go around?

Napoleon has moved within Terminal 18 and boarding last fall and last week went smooth as silk.

I also got to have a nice visit with a gentleman that I have become friends with over the years. It is always nice to catch up with friends that work on the ship, from the top of the house, all way to house keeping.

37e3686ce6e5c099400c15a1af54a1f3.jpg

Hi Andrew,

Glad to hear that you all made it home safely and thank you for your cruise review :) I’m looking forward to sailing on Harmony in 20 months or so from now, this will be my first cruise on an Oasis-class ship!

Is the gentleman in the photo Captain Johnny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew thanks again for the great review! So glad that you all made it home safely and that your welcoming party of one was waiting for you!

Can’t wait for your Alaskan Adventure! It will be fun to see what excursions that you have planned.

We just did the 9 day on Radiance last year with 3 days in Anchorage on our own at the end. Alaska is just so beautiful!

Now, if that type of cruising isn’t for you I have some better news. Four months today our group, Lisa, Owen, Sharon and I, are heading North West to Alaska.

After a three day land tour we will board Radiance of the Seas in Seaward Alaska, for a south bound sailing ending in Vancouver Canada.

Shore excursions have been long booked, BOGO meals reserved, and we have set early dining. And yes, there is no flow rider on this ship. I repeat, there is no flow rider.

Four months, less a day or so, watch for my next live review.

31b929d83c8392213c134bd2cb8de4c3.jpg

Radiance?

Given that your last 4 cruises have been on the Harmony, the Radiance will feel like the Staten Island Ferry in terms of size. Looks like an awesome itinerary though; want to go to Alaska on Ovation.

Thanks for a great review!

Welcome home. Great picture or you, Owen and Captain Johnny. We had him on Allure 2 years ago. Guess they switch ships every once in awhile. I liked him...good personality (and he did a good job at steering the ship which of course is always important too). Thanks again for the great live review.

Do you have any cruises booked between now and Symphony?

You are correct, I treat folks the way that I would like to be treated. One of the nicest moments of the cruise having our Genie joining us for dinner at Johnny Rockets. We convinced her to join us for a milkshake and it was great to learn about her family, boyfriend, and her 6 years of employment with RC. It was time well spent.

[emoji846]

Very cool.

Thank you for taking the time to share your trip! It has made me all the more excited for our cruise next month (we are bumpering 3 days in FLL and 3 days in MCO at either end). It will be my first cruise in many years but I hope I can convince the family to make it a regular part of our lives.

Andrew

Thanks as always job well done You had us all laughing at some point Sharon will miss all the food and drinks and I hope Owen gets his height before you board the next ship with a flowrider Again thanks

Sharon I

Now for those who have asked about Lucy. We were surprised to see her waiting for us on the front porch. Before we were even turned off the road, she lazily leapt down and then laid down in front of us. Yup, we have to move at her speed. She is a cat after all.

Sign on the wall at our Vet: "Dogs come when they are called, cats take a message and get back to you". Yup

Thanks for another fantastic cruise Andrew. Sorry to hear about the W T Forecast demerit. At least you can feel good knowing that it entertained many of us. The app is now on my phone for when I need a smile.