Prinsedam Port Everglades and Rotterdam Key West Sail-Aways Mar 12, 2018

Boytjie

wishing everyone on the Grand a great time and a fond farewell.

Thanks Peter for the reminder and Lou & Dave for the webcam.

And to the Prinsendam afficionados/sail a way addicts, have a great night. I don't think any of you are but in case, I hope none of you are in our storm's path and stay safe and warm.

From the 'Nor Easter Capital of Canada (at least that is how we are starting to feel) and weather "bomb" target, good night.

That is sad that he had family issues and HAL wouldn't help.

Off topic, but from your signature I've noticed you sailed Home Lines. I was on one of their last cruises before it was over. Crew were a bit grumpy, caught off guard but they sprang to action pretty fast and I was sorry to see that line disappear.

No one knew at the time of booking that it was the end of that cruise line.

I sailed on S. S. Oceanic in 1973 during Home Lines' hay-days. Everything was great: music, service, cuisine (so much really good food and Italian food). My cabin was in the lowest deck one could go; booked an outside cabin and was surprised to return one evening to find my porthole covered with a metal device (whose name I don't recall). My outside cabin turned into an inside cabin because of expected rough seas!

I really liked my Cabin Steward on the Amsterdam as a person. But, he was not in the running for "Cabin Steward of the Year" award. From embarkation day on, his service was probably the worst I have experienced. He was on his second contract with HAL, previously having been on the Prinsendam. I really was surprised that he was assigned to another "Grand Voyage". That has made me very suspect of HAL's "claim" that the crew assigned to the Grand Voyages are the best of their crew members..