Reflections from the Reflection....a RS experience.

chemmo

what would be something that would make your cruise extra special? Just curious if I was asked that question I’m not sure what I would say? would love to have some ideas ?

It can vary. What makes something extra special for one person would leave someone else cold. That is what makes it special. On our last cruise, the MC Concierge arranged for Santa to visit my septuagenarian "little boy".

It can vary. What makes something extra special for one person would leave someone else cold. That is what makes it special. On our last cruise, the MC Concierge arranged for Santa to visit my septuagenarian "little boy".

Sue, you are so right....our little treat last cruise was me having an ‘official birthday’ with cake and champagne on board (not on my real birthday) as I had missed spending my real birthday in the Millie PH owing to health issues.

Other little treats have involved the Speciality Restaurants providing us with something a little special....

I am always very cautious posting about ‘treats’ because they are just that. The snag arises when other guests then ‘demand’ a treat as a ‘right’.....For example, some years ago we were traveling on an RC ship. One couple had a dancing/show mad 12 year old. The concierge was kind enough to arrange for the little girl to see part of a rehearsal session with her parents. That evening the Dad was saying how thrilled he was that the concierge had been so kind.....next minute two sets of parents at the desk ‘demanding’ their (non stage struck) offspring had the same treat!!

Some Cruises we can (hand on heart) say ‘no, nothing more’.....but on other cruises there may be that little something that ‘lifts’ your experience. We always really appreciate it when the concierge makes that personal link.

Edited by chemmo

Thank you very much Chemmo, for your detail of "suite life" onboard Reflection. Following with interest!

Would you be kind enough to include a post with names of your current officers on board?

Many thanks.:cool:

Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis

Hotel director Arjan Scheepers

Chief engineer Konstantinos Pechlivandis

Cruise Director Ian Cresswell

Staff Captain Christos Galanis

Guest relations manager Sinisa Micetic

Food and beverages Clint Keli

Executive Chef Victor Mancilla

It is only 7.15 here and I feel in need of a drink after writing all those Greek names!

We got off the Reflection on March 12 and have to agree with you about the personalized service in Michael’s Club not being up to par. It was our 7th cruise on the Reflection and the service on our last two were a little disappointing. It all has to do with the MC hosts and we have come to the conclusion that some “just don’t get it”. It's not just because the Reflection has more suites, service had been fantastic on previous cruises. Those former MC hosts who excelled have been promoted to Suite Managers.

IMHO, one of the advantages of a suite on a cruise over one on land based holiday are that the little unexpected touches and surprises always felt more more personal in its delivery on a ship. It would indeed be a shame if this has been lost in the 3 short years since Suite Class was introduced. Perhaps Celebrity should adopt the pre-cruise Star Class questionnaire (with some modifications) issued on Royal Caribbean for discussion with the Shore Side Concierge which could also be shared with the team on the ship for a more personal experience.

Chemmo,

I hope you continue to enjoy your holiday and look forward to your reflections once you return home.

Chemmo, thanks for your Reflections from Reflection. We are booked in a RS on this ship for my birthday in November. We've sailed in a RS, many times and love it. I wanted to book Silhouette again but the timing just did not work out for us. Hope that your experience in Michaels Club improves and if not, that you find the level of service you are accustomed to elsewhere. A lot of it depends on the MC Concierge, and we've had both good and not so good. Also hope your experience in Qsine is available on our sailing.

We bumped into Bogden, Suite Manager, yesterday. We shared our observations with him....We did stress we were noticing differences rather than complaining.

He welcomed our feedback. He is a really nice and genuinely caring person. I would add our visit to Michael’s last night was much more enjoyable. Our second drinks order was once again wrong but who cares!

It all has to do with the MC hosts and we have come to the conclusion that some “just don’t get it”. It's not just because the Reflection has more suites, service had been fantastic on previous cruises. Those former MC hosts who excelled have been promoted to Suite Managers. 😉

I believe that your observation is spot on. I've discussed the lack of training with several new Suite managers who rose from the ranks of Michael's Club Concierges. People were promoted very quickly to their new MCC positions and training has been lacking. The Suite Managers I've spoken to agree that they had more training than those who replaced them. The same might be said for new Hotel Directors, Cruise Directors, F&B and Restaurant Managers.

We bumped into Bogden, Suite Manager, yesterday. We shared our observations with him....We did stress we were noticing differences rather than complaining.

He welcomed our feedback. He is a really nice and genuinely caring person. I would add our visit to Michael’s last night was much more enjoyable. Our second drinks order was once again wrong but who cares!

Another interesting point is that when we were on the Reflection prior to the implementation of the Suite Manager there were two MC concierges (Fall 2016 TA). I was told this was because of the extra workload. I believe Bogden was one of them. I hope they did not increase their workload. They did a great job for us as this was our first cruise in a RS.

The higher suite numbers (and the smaller Sky Lounge) is the main reason that I prefer the Silhouette over the Reflection. I really like the addition of the Porch and Lawn Grill.

Chemmo, I hope you continue to enjoy your cruise and thank you for posting.

Another interesting point is that when we were on the Reflection prior to the implementation of the Suite Manager there were two MC concierges (Fall 2016 TA). I was told this was because of the extra workload. I believe Bogden was one of them. I hope they did not increase their workload. They did a great job for us as this was our first cruise in a RS.

The higher suite numbers (and the smaller Sky Lounge) is the main reason that I prefer the Silhouette over the Reflection. I really like the addition of the Porch and Lawn Grill.

We have thoroughly enjoyed the Porch and Lawn Grill. The Porch has made a really nice ‘light luncheon’ venue for us although I must confess to having enjoyed a couple of less than light Oceanview lunches too!

We have found the Lawn Grill is a really nice place to spend the evening if you want an alternative dining venue but don’t want to ‘dress up’....It has been busy this cruise, very popular with families early evening. I would also add that the children we have seen in the Speciality Restaurants this cruise have been very well behaved.

We do have a Silhouette cruise booked for 2020....it will be interesting to compare it with Reflection.

You are correct, Bogdan was one of the MC Concierges on the Fall TA in 2016.

The workload hasn’t actually increased on the Reflection. Some of the duties previously handled by the MC Concierges have been transferred to the Suites Managers.

Bogdan was a fabulous MCC. I have no doubt he'll do well as a suite manager too. He'll probably have to do some training of the MCC since Celebrity apparently isn't. And maybe new butlers as well. He's done butler training before.

We once had a butler who was as sweet as could be and was trying very hard. But he was brand new in his position and had apparently been thrown in with little or no training. His idea of serving dinner in the suite was to bring everything at once, including the ice cream! We didn't have the heart to tell him that was not a good plan. So that said to me that Celebrity is putting these people out there with very little training.

Bogdan was a fabulous MCC. I have no doubt he'll do well as a suite manager too. He'll probably have to do some training of the MCC since Celebrity apparently isn't. And maybe new butlers as well. He's done butler training before.

When we last saw him a few weeks ago, Bogdan was training a newly minted Suite Manager who was transferring to the Millennium when our cruise ended.

Perhaps that's the problem with the MCC's on Reflection, Bogdan's been too busy training the new Suite Managers, and hasn’t had time for them. 😉

You are correct, Bogdan was one of the MC Concierges on the Fall TA in 2016.

The workload hasn’t actually increased on the Reflection. Some of the duties previously handled by the MC Concierges have been transferred to the Suites Managers.

Are you saying the Reflection still has two MC concierges and an additional two Suite Managers?

Recently off the Connie. The new MCC had Nadia training him for 2 cruises in addition Lucy who is a gem was the Suite Mgr. So no lack of training and on his first cruise “flying solo” he was great. Thanks Joao you rocked it.

Our second drinks order was once again wrong but who cares!

... and by the third you didn't even notice!

Do you know if it was the Bogdan who once worked in the Murano-style specialty restaurants? If so, I can imagine that he is great as Suite Manager.

... and by the third you didn't even notice!

Do you know if it was the Bogdan who once worked in the Murano-style specialty restaurants? If so, I can imagine that he is great as Suite Manager.

I am not sure re Bogdan’s history but he really is very good, We will try to find out.

Sue, I so wish I could say by the third drink we didn’t even notice but bar service is just below par....I can forgive being left to drink sprite out of a can and Courvoisier from a tumbler but waiting for a drink in a near empty bar whilst the server having taken your order ‘tidies up’ is just tooooooo much!

We went in Michael’s again last night for a drink before dining in Murano’s. It was quiet. Our order was taken quickly, the beer arrived and then the girl disappeared into the side room for a few minutes, She then reappeared and started messing with glasses at the bar. We were just about to get up and ask her if she had forgotten our order when she finally started pouring our drinks! Gap between beer and other drinks arriving towards 10 mins....Other guests in the meantime have come in, sat at the bar, have been served and were ordering a second......

For those who have followed our many posts we really are not complainers. I have frequently raved to new cruisers that, once they have experienced Michael’s, service elsewhere will seem sub par. We have raised our concerns....there really is a training issue here. As we have said in previous posts we will not let it spoil our cruise but, if I am perfectly honest, it has taken the edge off our pleasure....We will be enjoying our pre dinner drink elsewhere tonight!

On a much more positive note bar service generally throughout the ship has been excellent. We have not had any issues getting served even in the busy areas like Oceanview and poolside even at peak times.

Hope the weather in the U.K. isn’t too bad, Sue. Two more days for us to enjoy the sun on board before enjoying some more time in Florida. We are rather hoping Spring will arrive before we return!

Recently off the Connie. The new MCC had Nadia training him for 2 cruises in addition Lucy who is a gem was the Suite Mgr. So no lack of training and on his first cruise “flying solo” he was great. Thanks Joao you rocked it.

Jelayne,

Not to hijack this thread but do you happen to know if Joao had previously been affiliated with Azamara? If the same guy I'm thinking of--it's been a few years--he would be ideally suited to a Michael's Club Concierge role...

Thanks...

Are you saying the Reflection still has two MC concierges and an additional two Suite Managers?

Yes, the Reflection still has two MCC's.

But there is only one Suite Manager per ship. Bogdan was training a newly promoted Suite Manager for her position on Millennium. On our Fall TA last October he was training a new Suite Manager for her position on Equinox. He's a busy guy these days. But as I said before, he's the best ! 😊

Nadia was one of the two MCC's on our Reflection cruise; when we got off she left for the Connie. We had a long chat with her and apparently she's a “floater” who goes wherever X needs her. She told us she has never finished a contract on a single ship ever. She's very nice.

Jelayne,

Not to hijack this thread but do you happen to know if Joao had previously been affiliated with Azamara? If the same guy I'm thinking of--it's been a few years--he would be ideally suited to a Michael's Club Concierge role...

Thanks...

No, it's not the same Joao, but agree he would be excellent. Well, he'd be excellent at whatever he does. He's been in Australia taking a sabbatical.

Phil

Nadia was one of the two MCC's on our Reflection cruise; when we got off she left for the Connie. We had a long chat with her and apparently she's a “floater” who goes wherever X needs her. She told us she has never finished a contract on a single ship ever. She's very nice.

Nadia was MCC on Connie at Christmas. I was very impressed with her.

Phil

We were on Reflection in 4 Sky Suites in February. Drink service was slow in Michael’s for us also. We thought servers just weren’t “with it”. We ended up going to other areas for before dinner drinks. Not once did anyone remember what we drank. As to the concierges-my sister and I asked/requested 3 times about a bridge tour and never heard back from them about it. We had talked it up to our husbands as they forked up the huge amount for the Suites. (Sisters had already done bridge tour 2 years ago while in a suite n Reflection). If the tour couldn’t be done for some reason that’s fine we would understand but we had no communication at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jelayne,

Thanks...

I don’t believe so. Pretty sure before joining X he was at a hotel in Portugal.

Yes, the Reflection still has two MCC's.

But there is only one Suite Manager per ship. Bogdan was training a newly promoted Suite Manager for her position on Millennium. On our Fall TA last October he was training a new Suite Manager for her position on Equinox. He's a busy guy these days. But as I said before, he's the best ! 😊

Thank you. One would hope it would be even better with two MC concierges and a Suite Manager.