Will our Celebrity Elite status transfer if we do a RCCL cruise?

Ehg

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me? Our next cruise in May on X will take us to Elite. We're thinking of booking a cruise on Royal Caribbean for September. If we do, will our Captain's Club points (or whatever they're called) be valid on Royal Caribbean?

I know P&O loyalty used to transfer to Princess although not in reverse but it's now been stopped, so I was just wondering......?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me? Our next cruise in May on X will take us to Elite. We're thinking of booking a cruise on Royal Caribbean for September. If we do, will our Captain's Club points (or whatever they're called) be valid on Royal Caribbean?

I know P&O loyalty used to transfer to Princess although not in reverse but it's now been stopped, so I was just wondering......?

Your status on Royal will transfer to Diamond, the points however do not accumulate only the status. Just call Celebrity or Royal and get a Crown and Anchor number and have it associated with your reservation.

The responses you've gotten thus far are accurate... Following is a link to Celebrity's related web page that may be helpful also...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/post-cruise/captains-club

I believe that you will find an equivalent web page at Royal Caribbean's website...

Once you reach Elite tier status in Celebrity's Captain's Club, you will be recognized as having Diamond tier status in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society... The benefits do differ and Cruise Points do not cross accumulate between the two loyalty programs...

Under your specific circumstances, it occurs to me that there may be an additional consideration...

Crown & Anchor Society does provide a "Balcony Discount" to Diamond members... If you are considering booking a balcony stateroom [or higher] on your Royal Caribbean cruise, it is a nice benefit... But what I don't know--and you should ask; it is meaningful--is whether one must have reached Diamond [ie; Celebrity Elite] tier status at the time of booking the Royal Caribbean cruise in order to request the discount [as I recall, it is not automatic] or if, instead, you may book the Royal Caribbean cruise prior to attaining Diamond [Elite] status and subsequently request the discount retroactively after you have moved up the loyalty ladders...

The balcony discount and the Diamond Lounge on RCCL are great perks. Too bad the food isn't better.

Is the food very bad?

I was hoping with the variety of dining options we would be happy even if the MDR isn't brilliant.

We do love good food, but we're not food snobs. As long as its tasty I'll be happy.

Is the food very bad?

I was hoping with the variety of dining options we would be happy even if the MDR isn't brilliant.

We do love good food, but we're not food snobs. As long as its tasty I'll be happy.

Like a lot of things food is also subjective. We've always liked the food selections on all of our RC cruises. You need to make that determination yourself. Bon Appetit.

We will go with an open mind. It will be a different experience for us having mostly sailed P&O with a sprinkling of Celebrity and Cunard. I think it looks very exciting!

We will go with an open mind. It will be a different experience for us having mostly sailed P&O with a sprinkling of Celebrity and Cunard. I think it looks very exciting!

Great way and attitude to start a new adventure.

Is the food very bad?

It's not bad, it's just their Windjammer Cafe (buffet) is very uninspired and not as good as Celebrity's. By day 4 I really didn't even want to go there.

We have done 1 cruise on Explorer (food average), 1 on Liberty (food was terrible) and 2 on Anthem. Our first cruise on Anthem the food was really good. I was disappointed when we went back a year later and the quality was not the same.

Not sure what ship you are contemplating but on the newer ships they serve this roast beef sandwich called Kummelwick. If you like roast beef this is the best sandwich at sea. I just said to my DH, they make that great roast beef sandwich why can't the rest of the food be that good?

We have been on a few RCCL and are elite on Celebrity. A couple of years ago, we decided to give RCCL a try; the price was right and I loved the itinerary.

RCCL does seem to do a great job in maintaining their ships and their entertainment options really can't be beat. We were disappointed with the food in the MDR and the buffet but as others have stated, that is subjective. Unlike any other cruiseline on which I've sailed, they actually close down the entire buffet between meals. I missed lunch and just wanted a small salad or a bowl of soup ... nope!! Either room service or wait. Coupled with the very long lines for everything onboard, I don't really think it is the cruiseline for me. But, heck, I gave it another try and might do so again if the price was right.

BTW, the specialty restaurants were absolutely top notch on RCCL.

The things I did love were the reciprocal benefits that we received when being recognized as having Diamond status.

- balcony discount

- free photo (one per diamond member)

- little snack and beverage you can choose that is in your room upon boarding

- Diamond Lounge area - especially for do it yourself morning specialty coffees

- drink tickets loaded onto your card for the evening happy hour (in addition to lounge access, which was way too crowded)

- no corkage fee charged when taking your wine to a dining room

So, there are benefits to trying something new ... be sure to take advantage of all that appeal to you.

Great information. As long as there is some good food and a bit of choice on board I'll be a happy sailor! [emoji4]

You'll be a happy sailor then. On sea days for lunch in the MDR RC also along with the lunch menu offers what they call a Tutti salad.

We have been on a few RCCL and are elite on Celebrity. A couple of years ago, we decided to give RCCL a try; the price was right and I loved the itinerary.

RCCL does seem to do a great job in maintaining their ships and their entertainment options really can't be beat. We were disappointed with the food in the MDR and the buffet but as others have stated, that is subjective. Unlike any other cruiseline on which I've sailed, they actually close down the entire buffet between meals. I missed lunch and just wanted a small salad or a bowl of soup ... nope!! Either room service or wait. Coupled with the very long lines for everything onboard, I don't really think it is the cruiseline for me. But, heck, I gave it another try and might do so again if the price was right.

BTW, the specialty restaurants were absolutely top notch on RCCL.

The things I did love were the reciprocal benefits that we received when being recognized as having Diamond status.

- balcony discount

- free photo (one per diamond member)

- little snack and beverage you can choose that is in your room upon boarding

- Diamond Lounge area - especially for do it yourself morning specialty coffees

- drink tickets loaded onto your card for the evening happy hour (in addition to lounge access, which was way too crowded)

- no corkage fee charged when taking your wine to a dining room

So, there are benefits to trying something new ... be sure to take advantage of all that appeal to you.

Never heard about no corkage fee

We’re doing the opposite, I guess. We’re Diamond on Royal and taking our first cruise on Celebrity in December. I enrolled in the Captain’s Club online, thinking I’d have to provide my Crown and Anchor number. Never did. I was provided a CC number and it says I’m Elite with 0 points. But I tried to enroll my husband but had some issues. Do we need to be enrolled individually, or is he automatically enrolled with me?

Thanks,

The balcony discount and the Diamond Lounge on RCCL are great perks. Too bad the food isn't better.

Does Celebrity offer balcony discounts too? I was told by an Elite couple on our last cruise, that the cost matches the highest OV price. I don't see any mention of this under the Captain Club's benefits, so maybe they were referring to RCCL.

Does Celebrity offer balcony discounts too? I was told by an Elite couple on our last cruise, that the cost matches the highest OV price. I don't see any mention of this under the Captain Club's benefits, so maybe they were referring to RCCL.

Celebrity does not offer a "Balcony Discount" comparable to the one offered by Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society for members who have attained Diamond [or higher] tier status...

With certain restrictions as to applicability and covered stateroom categories, Celebrity does offer a "One Category Upgrade" benefit to established Captain's Club members [Classic tier and higher]... The following link--tab down to the "Terms & Conditions" section--describes the benefit...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll/

Celebrity does not offer a "Balcony Discount" comparable to the one offered by Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society for members who have attained Diamond [or higher] tier status...

With certain restrictions as to applicability and covered stateroom categories, Celebrity does offer a "One Category Upgrade" benefit to established Captain's Club members [Classic tier and higher]... The following link--tab down to the "Terms & Conditions" section--describes the benefit...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll/

We plan to sail RCCL at least occasionally, so still appreciated.

Category Upgrade, we got an Auqua balcony on the hump, sailing back from S America. It can be an outstanding perk.

Yes - do this with an open mind. We've done mostly RCI cruises in our 25 cruises to date and we compare any cruise on another line to that but we try to do it AFTER the cruise. We experience the cruise on another line for what it is, enjoy the differences and anything that we might not like we park for discussion after the cruise. Having said that, our first Celebrity cruise is coming up this fall on the Infinity and we're really looking forward to this. We too will do this with an open mind but I'm already looking forward to the food and service which I understand is a notch above RCI.

Enjoy your cruise.