More fake service dog nonsense

Black Lab...totally appropriate and welcome.

Yorkie is stroller with outfits...twisted and just wrong. How the cruise line can tolerate this in unbelievable. Maybe the first time a passenger has fluffy try to bite them and they throw it overboard the cruise line will pay attention and actually do something about it!

My husband would rather drop kick that yorkie rather than throw.....much more satisfying.;):cool::evilsmile::o:)

Yorkie is stroller with outfits...twisted and just wrong. How the cruise line can tolerate this in unbelievable. Maybe the first time a passenger has fluffy try to bite them and they throw it overboard the cruise line will pay attention and actually do something about it!

Please dont let these entitled fools be on my Harmony cruise next year. I will NOT hesitate to tell them what I think of their blantant abuse of the system. I wont be ugly but I will for sure let them know how I feel. Ive seen me do it. These are the type people that give those of us with legit service dogs a bad name.

Please dont let these entitled fools be on my Harmony cruise next year. I will NOT hesitate to tell them what I think of their blantant abuse of the system. I wont be ugly but I will for sure let them know how I feel. Ive seen me do it. These are the type people that give those of us with legit service dogs a bad name.

Well said Ryan. I really hope you don't encounter any of this nonsense on your Harmony cruise. I was so dumbfounded when I saw the Yorkie in her full outfits in the stroller I was literally speechless. If I see something of the like again I will not be silent.

PLEASE do! And be sure to ask them exactly what work or tasks their service dog is trained to do.

I once told another kind of entitled fool in the DL what I thought when he bragged about always booking a HC accessible cabin because they are so roomy. I told him that I was unaware that stupidity was now recognized as a disability.;) (I'd probably say the same thing to the lady with Barbie the Yorkie.)

Judy

PLEASE do! And be sure to ask them exactly what work or tasks their service dog is trained to do.

I once told another kind of entitled fool in the DL what I thought when he bragged about always booking a HC accessible cabin because they are so roomy. I told him that I was unaware that stupidity was now recognized as a disability.;) (I'd probably say the same thing to the lady with Barbie the Yorkie.)

Judy

That is AWESOME Judy! Thank you!

That sounds exactly like the Yorkie on Anthem last July. Owner pushed her all around the ship in a stroller with full outfits every day.

I hate to say it, but it is very likely that there are AT LEAST two different people who would do this. :rolleyes:

They will tell you some BS about what little FooFoo does for them. But follow them around - they often give a different explanation each time. Can't keep their lies straight.

I could have been one of those “Inflight Miracles” January 2017.

I had kidney surgery and had a bladder stent inserted and about 3 days later my dad landed in the ICU. I needed to move quickly around the hospital and if you’ve ever had a bladder stent you would know moving quickly hurts like the devil. When I could move slower or at a “normal” pace or could stop I was fine. But if I need to hurry it was much easier and more comfortable to grab a wheelchair and have someone push me.

Had we been flying and I needed to get to the plane in a timely manner I probably would have opted for a wheelchair ride. But upon landing, not having to hurry, I could have walked just fine at an almost normal pace. I wouldn’t have bothered with a wheelchair leaving, out of courtesy of someone who might need it more.

I looked and felt perfectly healthy! Even better than healthy after what had basically been equivalent to a 6 month long kidney stone (it wasn’t a stone but similar feeling.)

(But that only lasted a couple of weeks I had the stent removed.)

So, it’s really hard to judge.

As for the pet issue, it’s a pet peeve of mine. I agree we need different rules. BUT!

The laws can say whatever and if the cruise lines or airlines want to choose to ignore the laws and do what they want then that’s really up to them.

The laws are only there for those who need to be able to say “it’s the law”.

Some airlines or cruise lines may decide that we live in a time where they are ok with a more relaxed pet policy.

I do take my dog into pet friendly establishments, especially if I’m traveling long distances, I have eaten at restaurants with her. She also has trained in Search and Rescue and being in public places and different surroundings is part of her training (but we stick to pet friendly areas, we don’t lie or exaggerate her status.). She needs to ride elevators, experience different flooring, learn to ignore distractions, climb different types of stairs... not really dissimilar to service dog training. Similar really like someone mentioned therapy dog work. (But she doesn’t need to join me on a cruise)

When we enter any store she walk beside me on a 2 foot leash and is mostly “ignored” if people call out “DOGGY!” or want to pet her we decline as if she is working.

At restaurants we sit outside and she remains in a down under the edge of the table. We have gotten up to leave and had tables around us gasp and say “OMG! I didn’t even know she was there!” Which is exactly the reaction I want.

So, I kind of understand the desire to take your dog “everywhere”. But I also enjoy leaving her at home. I don’t always enjoy traveling with her, so much extra work!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If FiFi or FooFoo is onboard, in their sailor suits and tuxes, all cruisers who don’t like the current pet policy should show up at Guest Services requesting the written policy for what they need to know so they can bring Buster or their pet peacock on board.

A simple explanation that you disagree that a pet in clothing isn’t a true service animal should help get the message across - their pet is on board, I want to bring mine next cruise. Two to five hundred pet requests per week should get corporate attention that more pets may be onboard soon.

I have seen true service dogs on board, always well behaved, the last one had a small muzzle around the mouth. I’m thinking the muzzle was to protect the owner, who was blind, from lawsuits from anyone claiming a dog bite.

Corporate policy is let the pets onboard. As long as that policy is in place, no one should be upset seeing FiFi, in her tutu, onboard.

Hi Carol! We haven't run into you in ages, but it's nice to 'see' you here.

Buz says he thinks he could build a fine slingshot that would be ever so much fun...:D

Judy

Doing any Vision or Jewel cruises in the coming months?

Corporate policy is let the pets onboard. As long as that policy is in place, no one should be upset seeing FiFi, in her tutu, onboard.

I don't have a right to be upset because some overgrown drunk manchild can't leave his puppy home so he staggers around with it shoving it in my kids face?

That's now how it works...

I don't have a right to be upset because some overgrown drunk manchild can't leave his puppy home so he staggers around with it shoving it in my kids face?

That's not how it works...

You certainly DO have the right to be upset. And the right to complain.

Corporate policy is NOT to let pets onboard. Corporate policy only recognizes and exempts service dogs working for individuals who are blind, deaf, or physically disabled. Corporate policy upholds the ADA.

The problem is that the corporation that DOES NOT FOLLOW its own policy. The pets they are allowing onboard could cause real HARM to people who use legitimate service dogs by distracting them from their work.

We should all complain.

Judy

You certainly DO have the right to be upset. And the right to complain.

Corporate policy is NOT to let pets onboard. Corporate policy only recognizes and exempts service dogs working for individuals who are blind, deaf, or physically disabled. Corporate policy upholds the ADA.

The problem is that the corporation that DOES NOT FOLLOW its own policy. The pets they are allowing onboard could cause real HARM to people who use legitimate service dogs by distracting them from their work.

We should all complain.

Judy

I have no intention of complaining. It doesn't bother me in the least.

I have no intention of complaining. It doesn't bother me in the least.

We are all just one accident away from a serious disability that might require a service dog. I promise that if I ever see you struggling, with your service dog failing to assist you properly due to the distraction of a yipping pet dressed up and riding in a stroller, I will complain.

You don't have to reciprocate. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Judy

We are all just one accident away from a serious disability that might require a service dog. I promise that if I ever see you struggling, with your service dog failing to assist you properly due to the distraction of a yipping pet dressed up and riding in a stroller, I will complain.

You don't have to reciprocate. :)

Judy

Feel free to do whatever you'd like. Just don't expect me to do it also because you think I should.

I have bad dog allergies so would prefer no pet dogs on ships, airplanes, etc. But in terms of the dog with daily outfits and 2 formal dresses - poor dog!! That's just cruel to the animal.

Royal Caribbean’s special needs form has a section listed as “other”, which includes allergies. You can request a thorough, deep cleaning of the cabin to remove, or reduce pet dander.

58727ffb2285cccdf35eae00570c8300.jpg

DW has severe pet dander allergies, so we will be filling out that section for our upcoming cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums