More fake service dog nonsense

Give you one thing, you're honest...
But she is my companion.

He never asked if she was a service dog or ADA compliant.

50708dd00d06ec20fc17d022d41413c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by John&LaLa

There was a cat on our TA with Celebrity last November. Confined to the cabin of course, but a cat none the less...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What in the world did they have to do to get permission to bring the cat on board?

My daughter is soooo allergic to cats. She has to med up to visit her best friend and her favorite aunt. I can't imagine that the cabins get cleaned well enough for people with allergies. I found an iPhone cable in a cabin last year and have seen many threads on CC where others have found items in their cabins.

That would increase my carbon footprint.

Same as if I had dropped off the dog and went back out.

Please don’t go there with your carbon footprint.

Bringing your dog in the store was wrong. You could have stayed in the car with the AC running or stood in the parking lot with your pooch. No one dies in a few minutes in Atlanta heat.

Please don’t go there with your carbon footprint.

Bringing your dog in the store was wrong. You could have stayed in the car with the AC running or stood in the parking lot with your pooch. No one dies in a few minutes in Atlanta heat.

I don't think anyone died while we were in the store.

It's not like there was any signage saying ADA compliant pets only.

Edited by John&LaLa

honestly, you are smart enough to know better. You're just gaming the system. You're not one of those 55+ guys that can't be away from their puppy or they turn into 6 foot tall toddlers, so set a better example. In this case you very much are indicative of THE problem.

And that would be the day I stop cruising with that line. I'm not going to pony up extra cash that the line gets to hold for higher power only knows how long without interest and take it's sweet time returning to me because they didn't want to risk being sued for the thoughtless entitled twits who can not bear to leave sweet fluffy and fido at home. Nor, is it fair to make those who have legitimate service animals pony up said cash either. In both cases, we're not likely to cause damage- yet would still be expected to pay 'just in case'.

I suspect that a company would not be able to charge this to those with legitimate service animals anyway because I do believe there are rules about that for hotels. Pet deposits I don't think are allowed to be charged to those with service animals but I could be wrong there as I don't have the info or thankfully the experience to say for sure.

Do you prepay gratuities or dining packages or excursions....?

honestly, you are smart enough to know better. You're just gaming the system. You're not one of those 55+ guys that can't be away from their puppy or they turn into 6 foot tall toddlers, so set a better example. In this case you very much are indicative of THE problem.
I disagree, it's nice that we can do that.

I also disobey traffic laws on occasion [emoji33]

But as soon as the dog begins barking, jumping on people, pulling at the leash, etc. I know, as well as others, not a trained service dog …

on NOS now and an entitled buffoon walking around w his dog under his arm encouraging people to pet the dog. Not even one of those Amazon vests or pretending it’s a service dog. Got in an elevator w us and puts dog in my sons face. No thanks. Not sure who smelt worse the dog or the guy. Stay home w your “pets” not everyone thinks it’s cute. RCI really needs to get a backbone about this

If you know it's not a trained service dog & you witness or experience issues, do something about it. Passengers need to be more proactive. Get that fake service dog & owner put off the ship at the next port.

Royal Caribbean Service Animals:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/accessible-cruising/service-animals

If the service dog's behavior creates a fundamental alteration or a direct threat to safety, the dog may be denied boarding or removed from the ship along with the owner at the guest's expense.

Examples include:

Growling, barking excessively, initiating unsolicited contact, biting other guests and/or crewmembers, failure to use designated relief areas, sitting on furniture, eating from the table, etc.

:cool:

Edited by ObstructedView2

Perhaps people who lie and game the system so as to bring their precious pets places they don't belong are actually looking for attention themselves. Carrying a little dog into the supermarket in your arms would seem to be a good way to get it. Posting photos of your fur baby is another way to get it. Mission accomplished. (And for many children and adults who engage in attention seeking behaviors, even negative attention is better than no attention at all.:confused:)

JMHO.

Judy

hey John –

You are one of the good guys. I am disappointed in your rationalization.

M

If you know it's not a trained service dog & you witness or experience issues, do something about it. Passengers need to be more proactive. Get that fake service dog & owner put off the ship at the next port.

I completely agree.

Previously I have been one of the ones who were NOT proactive enough.

I was attacked (strong word???) at my local Lowe's by a pit bull on a leash, which left me bleeding and I still have the scar on my forearm.

I reported the incident to NO ONE, left the store and never have told the story. WHY mostly because society just would NOT have cared ... the man knew his dog had hurt me and I figured no one at Lowe's would care and their indifference would have enraged me.

We have become a society SO USED TO no one listening or caring ,even when we are truly wronged ... I hardly ever speak up anymore.

I think to myself every time I read these threads about the dogs>>> oh I'm gonna speak up, oh I'm gonna do this and I'm gonna do that and probably won't. In the end the pushy people that bring their dogs count on it.

And large publicly traded companies (ie Royal Caribbean) don't care about anything except earnings reports and lawsuits.

( And the majority of people don't bother to sue because lawyers are have made that cost prohibitive )

hey John –

You are one of the good guys. I am disappointed in your rationalization.

M

Just having fun with Max.

However I remain unapologetic for my apparent transgression.

I was merely stating that where animals are allowed is not always black and white.

Bella has also been to Total Wine. [emoji16]

Perhaps people who lie and game the system so as to bring their precious pets places they don't belong are actually looking for attention themselves. Carrying a little dog into the supermarket in your arms would seem to be a good way to get it. Posting photos of your fur baby is another way to get it. Mission accomplished. (And for many children and adults who engage in attention seeking behaviors, even negative attention is better than no attention at all.:confused:)

JMHO.

Judy

Ok, so now I'm being psychoanalized.

Pretty sure you don't even know me. I know I don't know you.

I was merely stating that where animals are allowed is not always black and white.

Pretty clear to me, and I hope others. Service dogs are welcome in most if not all establishments. Pets are not. Perhaps that is why the manager at the grocery store questioned you. And you report you needed to lie.

M

Pretty clear to me, and I hope others. Service dogs are welcome in most if not all establishments. Pets are not. Perhaps that is why the manager at the grocery store questioned you. And you report you needed to lie.

M

He admitted that his dog was a companion dog - a pet. He didn't lie.

Here in NY I’m pretty sure that animals are never allowed in a grocery store (with the exception of an ada animal). Period. It’s just not sanitary. Same goes for restaurants.

Here in NY I’m pretty sure that animals are never allowed in a grocery store (with the exception of an ada animal). Period. It’s just not sanitary. Same goes for restaurants.

I'm from Brooklyn and although not legal, I've seen animals in stores. Some small mom and pop stores, food stores, do not allow animals in their shop but more and more I'm seeing untrained supposedly support dogs on the subway, in high end supermarkets (they don't want to "annoy" their customers.

Ramona

I'm from Brooklyn and although not legal, I've seen animals in stores. Some small mom and pop stores, food stores, do not allow animals in their shop but more and more I'm seeing untrained supposedly support dogs on the subway, in high end supermarkets (they don't want to "annoy" their customers.

Ramona

This is the same problem the cruise lines have. They don't want to annoy, offend or PO their customers (many of whom are top tier) so they let it slide, while the rest of us are forced to deal with it.

If the service dog's behavior creates a fundamental alteration or a direct threat to safety, the dog may be denied boarding or removed from the ship along with the owner at the guest's expense.

Examples include:

Growling, barking excessively, initiating unsolicited contact, biting other guests and/or crewmembers, failure to use designated relief areas, sitting on furniture, eating from the table, etc.

Another example -- dog walking into the dining room and eating another passenger's food. This happened -- it may be many pages back or 1n another thread. It was the painted and specially shaved poodle who just chowed down on another passengers food as s/he was walking through Freedom's MDR.