What broadway play?

George C

23 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Michael Urie did a one man play a few years back Off Broadway called Buyer & Cellar.  Great show sort of about Barbra Streisand, but not really.  We enjoyed it greatly.  He did a "reunion" show last night from his home that got raves.  Was on after our bedtime but we'll be watching tonight.

Quoting myself, yeah.  We watched this last night.  SO well done.  Strongly recommended

On 4/21/2020 at 8:02 AM, Nitemare said:

Quoting myself, yeah.  We watched this last night.  SO well done.  Strongly recommended

Barbra and I lived around the corner from each other when we were very young.We were both singers but she has had a much better career than me.

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Barbra and I lived around the corner from each other when we were very young.We were both singers but she has had a much better career than me.

Perhaps, but she seems so lonely and you seem to be much better adjusted than she does

I hope this is okay to post this here, so moderators, please delete if it is not. It is a question about ticket refunds.  We had tickets for Hamilton in S.F., and received a notice from Broadway SF on March 31st that the remaining shows were cancelled (Hamilton was schedule to run through the end of May), and that tickets would be automatically refunded.

Our refund has not been issued, and the response to an email inquiry was that this would be dealt with when the shelter-in-place is lifted, and staff can return to the ticket office.  There was mention of limited staff currently working, presumably from home?

We, ourselves, have been sheltering in place for 45 days, so the fact that the office is closed is not surprising. I guess that I (mistakenly), assumed that the "automatic" refunds would be more  -  automatic?

Just wondering if other venues, particularly on Broadway,  were handling refunds in a similar manner.

Thanks, and hope everyone is staying safe!  

Although not for a show, we are due a refund from a company.  When we talked to the employee, he said since all the businesses are on mandatory shut down, no one could go into the shop to process refunds. He said he could answer phones from home, but not much else. Not sure if that helps, but at least know we are in the same boat as you are.

Stay well and keep thinking positive.

15 minutes ago, George C said:

We did get a refund for our broadway show that we were supposed to see in May. 

We were supposed to be going to a show tomorrow that we paid for from our Senior Theater Club. Their office has been closed since March 16 and they have no plans to re-open. We also paid for a May cruise .We know we will get a refund of a credit but it may take many months.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:31 AM, Nitemare said:

Perhaps, but she seems so lonely and you seem to be much better adjusted than she does

Singer,actress,comedienne Marilyn Michaels who also starred in Funny Girl has a wonderful impression of Barbra which can be found on You Tube.

@ams cruiser I'm guessing that if the venue is managing its own tickets and refunds from the box office, even a secondary box office, it's going to be pretty much a pure manual process requiring access to their systems at the office. Much though I hate Ticketmaster, they issue refunds, when there's a reason, very quickly, and have multiple locations to operate from. I don't know that they can issue refunds from home, but they'd be more likely to have sites open. Probably the same with the bigger Broadway outlets.

22 minutes ago, markeb said:

@ams cruiser I'm guessing that if the venue is managing its own tickets and refunds from the box office, even a secondary box office, it's going to be pretty much a pure manual process requiring access to their systems at the office. Much though I hate Ticketmaster, they issue refunds, when there's a reason, very quickly, and have multiple locations to operate from. I don't know that they can issue refunds from home, but they'd be more likely to have sites open. Probably the same with the bigger Broadway outlets.

Thanks, this makes sense.  I mistakenly thought that BroadwaySF was a part of a bigger organization, and I realize, now, that "automatic refund" doesn't necessarily mean timely.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:16 PM, sparkle said:

Although not for a show, we are due a refund from a company.  When we talked to the employee, he said since all the businesses are on mandatory shut down, no one could go into the shop to process refunds. He said he could answer phones from home, but not much else. Not sure if that helps, but at least know we are in the same boat as you are.

Stay well and keep thinking positive.

Thanks!  I mistakenly thought that Broadway SF was part of a larger company.  I'm not in the tech world, so I was imaging a magic button you push to automatically refund all ticket holders.
We're grateful for our health as we shelter at home.  
You take care, as well!

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We were supposed to be going to a show tomorrow that we paid for from our Senior Theater Club. Their office has been closed since March 16 and they have no plans to re-open. We also paid for a May cruise .We know we will get a refund of a credit but it may take many months.

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks, I'm learning this seems to be the norm.  I'm more concerned about a planned trip to Italy this fall (land tour, not cruise).  I hope the airlines will be flexible, because we don't feel like it will be safe for us to travel until a vaccine is developed.

My problem is we also booked a concert which was postponed, doubt we will book the new date once they announce it , but I can resell tickets or give them to a friend in nyc. Several concerts in Dallas have been postponed also. 

16 minutes ago, George C said:

My problem is we also booked a concert which was postponed, doubt we will book the new date once they announce it , but I can resell tickets or give them to a friend in nyc. Several concerts in Dallas have been postponed also. 

A few years ago we had to cancel a trip that included the Calgary Stampede.  I had never re-sold tickets before, but I put them on StubHub, priced them in the same price range as what they were going for at that site, and ended up making little bit of money in the process.  We had bought great seats at a couple of shows at the Stampede for an early purchase price.  The buyers were thrilled to get better seats for less money than they could have gotten by purchasing direct.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, George C said:

I hope we will get a chance to see that concert it’s Todd Rundgren who we saw on a music cruise in February and was totally fantastic, we do have good seats in a small venue.

I hope you do too.

I have a neighbor who works for TKTS in Manhattan (laid off now) but the conversations he has been having with his co-workers is the possibility of theaters being closed till the fall.

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope you do too.

I have a neighbor who works for TKTS in Manhattan (laid off now) but the conversations he has been having with his co-workers is the possibility of theaters being closed till the fall.

That would not surprise me , hoping we can visit have been to nyc at least once a year since moving to Texas almost 40 years ago.

Edited by George C

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this in an e-mail from Telecharge...

"The Broadway League announced that performances will be suspended again through Sunday, September 6, 2020. Off-Broadway shows are suspended too. That means no shows will play over the summer."

Goes on to say this isn't really a surprise as much as a disappointment. Stay safe in NYC!

• Like 2