Upsell Offer Rejected

stevenr597

We are scheduled to cruise on the MS Regal Princess, Scandinavia & Russia this July. We are currently booked in a min-suite CC class.

My travel agent had contacted us with an office to upgrade us to a suite for approximately $1,000.00/person which would add up to $3,000.00 Considering the perks that we get being Platinum Class and also C.C. Class, we decided that the price of the upgrade/upsell was not worth it.

Any thoughts?

Someone will take the offer...or Princess will come back with a lower price. People on the boards have reported turning down one upsell, only to receive another one a week or two later. Also, if you get called again, do ask whether the price applied to all three of you or only to the first two. I've read of them doing it both ways.

Suites and suite perks are nice...but for what daily rate?

You've already got club class dining so decide if breakfast at the specialty restaurant and some extra sq. footage is worth $3000 to you. I personally would not take the upgrade unless I was going from a standard mini suite without Club Class. There aren't enough perks to warent that $3000 in my mind.

Totally agree. Once you've done suites, the thrill of them isn't so big anymore and with all your perks already, I'd only do it if the price was quite a bit less.

OP is Platinum. Not that many perks.

Elite and Suite:

Laundry

mini-bar

Tea in stateroom

Passenger service line

in room MDR dining (suite)

bottled water daily (suite)

Of course - Sabatini's (suite)

I'm not saying you should have taken the upsell, but there is a big difference between Platinum and Elite/Suite.

to me at least, the best part of a suite would be the larger separate shower...

not foodies, at all - but do still enjoy a nice meal - just don't eat large quantities

not cabin people - rather be on the ship people watching, etc.

mini bar - wife would trade out and use - but no rum in a bummer - me PBP

laundry - might be used sparingly based on reports of damage and shrinkage!

only us, and not in room entertainers

but given the chance, at the right price and lots of sea days...maybe once

Several hours ago we were on the Azamara Quest, and had a standard suite. We had mentioned to the front desk that the suite was rather noisy at night. That evening we were approached by a senior staff and asked if we wanted one of the Grand Suites at the rear of the ship. We had a private sitting room, bedroom, huge balcony with lounges, and we were invited to all the Captain's private dinner receptions.

Lighting does strike. We never asked for it, but throughout the cruise my wife and I were joking that somebody would realize a mistake was made and take it back.

Not on Princess but have had an up sell arrive for balcony to full suite, it was more than we were willing to pay, then about a week later a second offer arrived with the up sell price reduced by half of the original offer. Sold!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So if you had a large Caribe deck balcony cabin, would you upsell to a mini-suite? For what amount? Never offered an upsell before love hearing others' stories.

I'm guessing that you chose this cabin/deck because you wanted the large balcony. If so, I wouldn't go to a regular mini with 2 people in the cabin. I would consider a move to a club class mini....depending on what the offer was.

I'm guessing that you chose this cabin/deck because you wanted the large balcony. If so' date=' I wouldn't go to a regular mini with 2 people in the cabin. I would consider a move to a club class mini....depending on what the offer was.[/quote']

Thank you for answering. Yes, the large balcony is big draw. But we do like a sofa too :). Traditional dining works for us so club class is not a big deal. So yep, probably would depend on the offer.

Our "favorite" upsell offer came on a HAL booking that initially cost us about $19,000 (it was a long cruise). The offer was an upsell to a suite for $9,999. Even our cruise agent had a big laugh with that offer since she knew we could care less about having a suite (we spend very few waking hours in our cabin). As to that suite upsell, apparently none of the other 580 passengers were interested so the large suite was used by Guest Entertainers (who paid nothing).

Hank