Status of Ocean Medallion?

denamo

I understand that on the Caribbean Princess the mail boxes outside of the cabin doors are gone and the mail is delivered twice per day by the cabin steward. Also that the slot to insert your key card is gone. That makes me curious about a couple of things.

Without the key card slot on the door handle where you could insert the "Privacy Please/Please Service My Room" card, what means do you now use to indicate that you do not want to be disturbed or that your cabin is available for the steward to do his cleaning.

So now having you mail delivered means that you will be disturbed twice per day by the steward having to enter the cabin to make a delivery.

Nothing more embarrassing and maddening that stepping out of the bathroom buck naked only to find your steward in your room. I doubt that the stewards like that either.

Just a guess, but, since everybody on Cruise Critic is an expert, mine is an expert guess.

Eventually, you will be able to post the "Do not disturb" notice on the screen that has replaced the mailbox. In the interim, there will be a sign in your room that you can hang over the door handle. Even if the doors don't have slots, they still have handles.

The twice/day mail delivery sounds suspiciously like the room stewards' twice/day room servicing schedule. I would imagine that when the steward comes for morning and evening service, he will be dropping off your mail. Princess certainly does not want to subject its employees to the sight of naked passengers. The psychological trauma would probably destroy them.

2) please reference where Princess is referring to Medallion.net as ***** Internet

You are very correct as someone with legal background, I apologize. However Medallion.net and ***** Internet are close enough to confuse most everyone as reference in this whole thread

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m sorry to comment again but I didn’t want restart the merry go round again. As mentioned the new catalog which I received last week devoted one page to ***** of the 150. It seems to have been modified considerably. I don’t recall any cruises being called *****. (Again I could be wrong)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have door knob hangers for do not disturb. I hope they switch to screen use for those. Our names also don’t appear at our doors. Screens can also be used to request ice or towels, etc.

Sorry to hear this. I always liked this feature as it made it easy to be sure I was trying to enter the right cabin. Those that did not like their names posted could easily remove the name tag.

Those that did not like their names posted could easily remove the name tag.

...which didn't stop long threads of people complaining about it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1285658

I guess it's easier to complain that spend half-a-second on self-help solving the problem.

Edited by pablo222

We have door knob hangers for do not disturb. I hope they switch to screen use for those. Our names also don’t appear at our doors. Screens can also be used to request ice or towels, etc.

No NAME!! How will I ever find my cabin!!!;p Dang now I can't spy and see what level of the Captains Circle you are...

I always took my name tag out of the holder the last morning and put it with my cruise Patters. When I get home I get a folder for the Patters and tape the name tag to the front with the cabin number.

Edited by myfuzzy

I haven't been following this thread that closely but does the cabin screen display anything else but the cabin number?

I would think it could show the names of occupants, service requested, do not disturb, etc..

There's a photo of the panel upthread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56477198&postcount=224

Remember that's a computer display so what it showed 1 second later isn't known.

There's a photo of the panel upthread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56477198&postcount=224

Remember that's a computer display so what it showed 1 second later isn't known.

We shall soon see! I'm joining the Caribbean Princess this coming weekend and will be taking plenty of photos and posting them on my blog for my "live from".

I haven't been following this thread that closely but does the cabin screen display anything else but the cabin number?

I would think it could show the names of occupants, service requested, do not disturb, etc..

Just some decorations and instructions. I say that they can read anything. Names, ice requests, special instructions, etc. some of this can appear only when my or the steward’s Medallion is nearby. Anything can appear.

I doubt it. There are cost savings in not having to prepare and insert these pieces of paper for up to 1700 cabins.

It's a computer screen. No paper or cabin steward time involved if it's the passenger clicking

option buttons in the Medallion app. It's a color screen, so it can even show your Captain's

Circle color, or your --what did they call it?-- tag-along avatar?

BTW, there was a promo last summer with someone official (might have even been Jan Swartz)

saying that while all the initial Medallions were going to be blue, they planned to issue them in

your Captain's Circle color.

It's a computer screen. No paper or cabin steward time involved if it's the passenger clicking

option buttons in the Medallion app. It's a color screen, so it can even show your Captain's

Circle color, or your --what did they call it?-- tag-along avatar?

BTW, there was a promo last summer with someone official (might have even been Jan Swartz)

saying that while all the initial Medallions were going to be blue, they planned to issue them in

your Captain's Circle color.

I was told at the service center for ***** that they will always be blue. Doesn’t mean that I believe it.

I was told at the service center for ***** that they will always be blue. Doesn’t mean that I believe it.

I saw pictures of the different colors when I was on the Regal in the area where the Ocean Compass display was . They were also selling the bracelets and necklaces you could wear and that is where I purchased my blue band.

I believe that on some of the early cruises they sent out the bands . but by the time of my cruise in March they only sent the lanyard with the plastic holder. I posted pictures of the band , lanyard / holder and cruise card I used. I was not a fan of the lanyard at all and that is why I got the band, but in reality it never needs to be seen so and "holder" is more for convenience / fashion .

This was the price list from the first Regal preview cruise - more pics in our blog post

i-fNkgMGD-X3.jpg

They have to be nuts...Its a function created by technology, why should we have to foot the bill for an "accessory" that is mandated to use the technology. That's like charging us to get a ships card to get on the ship

They have to be nuts...Its a function created by technology, why should we have to foot the bill for an "accessory" that is mandated to use the technology. That's like charging us to get a ships card to get on the ship

Where does it say you have to buy any of this?