Royal Caribbean ruining our Spring Break in an unbelievable way!

Difference is, they don't buy out Disney. With them buying the whole boat I'm betting it's minimum 18+ but likely 21 so no one has to worry about ages.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Might be, I just know many lgbtq with kids.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

While I agree with the idea, PR ALWAYS needs to be rebuilt. They get hit by hurricanes a LOT. [emoji3]

I’m from Puerto Rico. The last time before Maria that the island was hit by a major hurricane that required major rebuilding was almost 20 years ago with Hurricane Georges. I wouldn’t call that frequency “a lot”. In the same time period, Florida was hit by 6 major hurricanes.

In any case, Puerto Rico has made a huge comeback in the last few months. While there’s still a lot of work to be done, specially in the rural areas away from the major cities, it’s hard to notice the level of devastation that the island endured just a few months ago. In fact many tourist areas look better now than they did before Maria hit. The hurricane has actually given way to many new businesses and the rebirth of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m from Puerto Rico. The last time before Maria that the island was hit by a major hurricane that required major rebuilding was almost 20 years ago with Hurricane Georges. I wouldn’t call that frequency “a lot”. In the same time period, Florida was hit by 6 major hurricanes.

In any case, Puerto Rico has made a huge comeback in the last few months. While there’s still a lot of work to be done, specially in the rural areas away from the major cities, it’s hard to notice the level of devastation that the island endured just a few months ago. In fact many tourist areas look better now than they did before Maria hit. The hurricane has actually given way to many new businesses and the rebirth of others.

Good to hear. I didn't think there had been that many hurricanes, good to hear from a local. We loved pr when we spent time there pre and post cruise, glad to hear it is getting back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

We’re Diamond Plus and we had two cruises canceled for this year’s Southern Caribbean cruise. First one was chartered, the second was put in dry dock. It was the first (and second) time this happened to us. Fortunately, it was just my husband and I traveling and our vacation time is flexible. It was aggravating none the less and we weren’t able to work out the itinerary we wanted. I’m surprised that they chartered during Soring Break when they would ordinarily sell out at premium prices. I understand your anger but unfortunately there’s not much you can do other than book another cruise or land vacation.

Can you do the 9 night Southern Caribbean out of Miami? Our kids' Spring Break lines up with the Navigator 9 night as they have off the Friday before as well as the week. We did this last year and we're going again next year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I don’t believe it’s the same week

I have been cruising for many years. So far I have been lucky and not had a single cancellation.

These threads on CC have made me a little cautious about making firm plans or commitments too far ahead of time.

I don't believe it is right for RC to do this. They should at least try harder to offer a like for like booking at same price on a different sailing.

Thanks for the post. We've been to PR almost every year for 10 years. Going again twice this winter.:)

The post you replied to was pretty ignorant. Glad you replied to correct it.

Atlantis and RSVP gay charters have a minimum age of 18 so there are no "kids". Also these charters are usually contracted at least a year out and are very lucrative for the cruise lines as there is typically a guarantee of minimum revenue from the bars which has to be met by the charter company. On several Atlantis charters, the owner has given a free happy hour/drinks once we cross that bar revenue threshold (about halfway through the cruise week LOL). Also the charter company handles all of the reservations and then syncs up their system with Royal a few weeks before the cruise in order for passengers to get their RC reservation number to register. So the charter company does all the heavy lifting AND the cruise line is GUARANTEED certain revenue IN ADDITION TO the contracted price--definitely something a for profit company can't pass up.

I have been cruising for many years. So far I have been lucky and not had a single cancellation.

These threads on CC have made me a little cautious about making firm plans or commitments too far ahead of time.

I don't believe it is right for RC to do this. They should at least try harder to offer a like for like booking at same price on a different sailing.

If a certain week, itinerary, or cabin is Very important.....you can always book a backup cruise with a refundable rate and cancel it before final payment. I've been doing that since a charter got me 5 years ago.

I recently had one of my backups cancelled (Jewel Apr2019 TA) and got $400 OBC applied to a future cruise.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I have had 3 cruises cancelled over the years. All Royal Caribbean cruises. All 3 were chartered and all 3 were sailing in February! Two of the cruises were on the Mariner of the Seas! Two of the cabins were aft view balconies. We were really disappointed but what can you do! Royal gave us a ship board credit and we rebooked! I guess it happens!

Was very necessary to save millions of jobs. The auto dealers as well as the banks all paid the money back

Please tell me you aren't one of those people that think every job is lost when a company goes through a chapter 11 bankruptcy?

Hopefully the OP is now working with RCCL to rebook. The first offers are the low balls, offered to everyone including those with no out of pocket expenses. Typically once you narrow down what you would like and what your expenses are then something can be worked out. If you can't go at springbreak perhaps another holiday?

Thanks for the post. We've been to PR almost every year for 10 years. Going again twice this winter.:)

The post you replied to was pretty ignorant. Glad you replied to correct it.

I think with the smiley it was meant to be just a joke.

Who’s chartering a whole ship?

Cost must be astronomical.

Maybe find out who’s chartering it and asking to join them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Royal.

The charter rate will be based on full double occupancy regardless of how many people sail, pre-paid gratuities based on double occupancy and any applicable fuel surcharge based on full double occupancy. The client will be responsible for taxes & fees based on the actual number of guests and will be required to pay for the actual gratuities should more than double occupancy sail. Additional taxes & fees will apply for triple and quad berths above double occupancy.

Pricing varies based on ship, sail date, itinerary and level of customization. Actual pricing must be provided by your Charter Sales Manager, but the following ranges may be used in the pre-qualification process to determine viability:

Nights Range Ship Class 3 & 4 Night $700,000 – $1,690,000+ Vision Class 4 & 5 Night $1,000,000 – $1,760,000+ Radiance Class 4 & 5 Night $1,300,000 – $1,700,000+ Voyager Class 4 & 5 Night $1,800,000 – $2,800,000+ Freedom Class 7 Night $1,800,000 – $2,500,000+ Vision / Radiance Class 7 Night $2,800,000 – $3,800,000+ Voyager Classes 7 Night $3,900,000 – $4,500,000+ Freedom Class 7 Night $5,000,000 – $7,700,000+ Quantum Class 7 Night $6,500,000 – $11,000,000+ Oasis Class Charter pricing will generally be most attractive in non-peak season such as September, October, early December and/or January and will be most expensive from May through August. Product in Alaska, Bermuda or Europe may exceed the ranges outlined above.

What d

Honestly that's more than 9 months away, if it was short notice I'd see your point but March 2019??

And how have prices suddenly skyrocketed, are they just now figuring out that is spring break?

I know it's frustrating but they do have the right to do that and if they give your your deposit back and 9 months notice I'd say you shouldn't be mad at them. Disappointed yes, mad at fate perhaps, but not at RCCL.

I keep hearing the same Argument over and over, Adjust... Be Adaptable...Be Flexible......Etc..

How about The Word.. NO :mad:

After a Certain Time Period The US Goverment ,Should Mandate thru the FTC or any other Agency... that Customers that had their Cruise Canceled because of Charters.. receive Proper compensation ....Period!!.....The Only thing to decide is When that date would come into effect.. and what would be considered proper comp...This should be in effect for All Cruise Company's sailing into or out of US ports..

Mike

I'd much rather see a fine for improper and grotesque use of capital letters. When and why did that become a thing anyway? I know it was done in the 1700's, but why now? It seems very "fringe."

If you change your sail date to Saturday, 3/23, instead of Sunday,3/24, you have your choice of

Brilliance

Independence

Adventure

Anthem

Rhapsody

Navigator

Liberty

Allure

Oasis

All the ocean view cabins for between $500 -$875 per person plus taxes.

Why pick fights over something that doesn't concern you in any way. This is the OP's problem. If it were me, sure I would be agrevated, but life is too short to lose sleep over something you have no control over. I would've gladly accepted the refund AND the extra $200 and rescheduled another cruise. Simple, get over it, move on..........

Edited by BecciBoo

Are you sure? Does he have the money in his pocket? It was quite an effort on my part to get my $500 deposit back when Royal cancelled my cruise.

I waited for the refund and it never showed...so I called three different times. I got the same story each time: "sir you will get a certificate for $300 ($150 x 2). You lose $200 because it was a non refundable deposit."

Each time I explained Royal cancelled the cruise...not me. Each time I was told it would be straightened out.

Finally my refund was processed after I received two certificates for $150 each. I won't use the certificates because I did get my full refund.

Those refunds don't always automatically happen.

Cheers:)

You should use them for the hassle they put you thru. Trying to tell you since it was a non-refundable deposit you wouldn't get the money back. Such rip offs.