Who would you have picked for NS Godmother?

haladdict

I suspect that Melania will become a cultural icon post-White House. I'm no fortune teller, but I foresee a divorce, plentiful talk show appearances, and lucrative book and merchandise deals in her future.

Either that or just wait for him to eat too many big macs and the prenup won't come into play. She's waited this long.

Wow. I really hope some of you are able to recognize what you've allowed politics to do to you. Not cruising a ship because of the Godmother is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Score 1 for the Russians, I guess.

Wow. I really hope some of you are able to recognize what you've allowed politics to do to you. Not cruising a ship because of the Godmother is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Score 1 for the Russians, I guess.

I'm Canadian. We're pretty much boycotting your entire country.

Mark left Celebrity and works now out of the office in Miami for MSC, according to his mother Heidi Zeller.

Interesting, Thanks for the update. :)

I'm relieved I got the ' He left HAL for Celebrit y part ' right. :) The older one gets the less confidence some hav in the accuracy of their memory.

Yes, that was the reason for my joke.

I must have missed an 'emoticon'?

I did' n't d find the post hysterically funny. :loudcry: Sorry, zoom went right by me. :)

I must have missed an 'emoticon'?

I did' n't d find the post hysterically funny. :loudcry: Sorry, zoom went right by me. :)

It wasn't intended to be hysterically funny, just tongue in cheek. The OP asked for alternatives for a ship's godmother, and I named the inseparable best friend of the original, 'controversial' godmother. I thought the joke was obvious, but I guess not.

The godmother for the NS was probably chosen some time ago,but they waited to announce it,knowing the diehards would have a problem with Oprah(and judging by the posts both here and on the Facebook, they were right to do so.)
The cruise line has afforded the traditionalists so little consideration in recent years, in terms of the cruise line's business direction, that I cannot imagine that they cared one bit about how those relatively few customers would react in response. I think the timing of the announcement was simply related to how close we have gotten to launching the ship.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

If you don't like Oprah,as the NS Godmother, who would you pick?

I would pick Meghan Markle, who is now The Duchess of Sussex. The cruise would sell out in a flash, especially if husband came too.

Sandra

what does it matter....after all look who's our lovely PRESIDENT....i believe the rest of the world leaders laugh at that choice

There is hope about this dubious "0" HAL relationship after all. Oprah signed a huge deal with Apple for shared content and platform. Will this mean HAL will also terminate its contract with Microsoft, and start offering Apple format classes instead?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/oprah-winfrey-inks-content-deal-apple-1120552

Gotta give this gal credit, she know how to work it. The American Dream.

Bad timing; our economy is pretty much booming right now, so Canada's boycott would likely go unnoticed.

Really? You might be pretty surprised. You might be VERY surprised - I won't even get into the gas that gets shipped to Maine from here or other things.

Tarriffs bring huge costs. You might want to check the history on the depression. It was caused by tarriffs. The stock market was the end result.

what does it matter....after all look who's our lovely PRESIDENT....i believe the rest of the world leaders laugh at that choice

CC rules Ban politics.

Good rule, IMO