A must read!!!

This has been big news over here in the UK and I think there is another thread here on CC about it. Our press are very sensationalist so it is probably reported as far worse than it is.

However, It will have wetted their appetite for looking more into cruise ships from the UK. Last year we had Harmony that wasn't quite finished (may have been another ship) and I can really see this year something been made of the all inclusive drinks packages offered here and the bad/drunken behaviour that I myself have witnessed on occasions.

Hope I'm wrong.

I am concerned about having a large (partial) charter on the ship during one of my cruises. Is there any way to find out if a particular cruise carries a substantial charter group on it and who or what it is?

I am concerned about having a large (partial) charter on the ship during one of my cruises. Is there any way to find out if a particular cruise carries a substantial charter group on it and who or what it is?

Not a foolproof way.

This URL may help for full ship charters:

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/full-cruise-ship-charters.html

Also, you may be able to use an internet serach using the full ship name and date of sailing in different formats.

This is going to be on TV? And RCI has no issue with its ship, and brand, being associated with this?

Appears that way, it’s a reality TV programme for over here (UK).

I’m failing to see any benefit at all to the company being associated with all of this but the suits in Miami must think otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s what I’m wondering. OP says they could have been on this cruise. Was it an actual possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Had they booked it before it was chartered, they would have been booted off. There are many threads about people having their cruises cancelled when a group charters their cruise.

It looks like the show here in the UK will be weekly for 5 weeks when it starts.

Its a reality TV series featuring teams of late teens/early twenties lads and ladies undertaking tasks to prevent them being voted off the cruise.

I read somewhere that it will showcase cruising for the millennials so perhaps Royals thoughts are it may attract a younger demographic to the brand.

My wife and I were on the cruise before this one. Towards the end of the cruise I was talking with one of the bartenders and he said that a group charter was coming on board.

I asked if he new who the group was but he did not say, only that it will be crazy busy for 5 days. He did not seem like he was looking forward to this. It looked like there was a lot of activity restocking the bars towards the end of our cruise.

Glad I missed that one! I feel for the crew that have to put up with this stuff!

I read somewhere that it will showcase cruising for the millennials so perhaps Royals thoughts are it may attract a younger demographic to the brand.

If this is the image that RCI is trying to project and that is the demographic they are going after then I would anticapate that in the future most of us who hang out on this board will be meeting up on some other cruise line's board here at CC.

If this is the image that RCI is trying to project and that is the demographic they are going after then I would anticapate that in the future most of us who hang out on this board will be meeting up on some other cruise line's board here at CC.
Yeah I mean a cruise line to me, it's bread and butter is families. Who wants a bunch of drunken, drugged up kids who probably don't have money because they spent it all on the drugs? I don't know about you but every cruise I set out to spend minimal on the ship and end up spending a ton. That is what a cruise line wants, they want me on that ship with my family. [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...