Sleep tight... but don’t look under your sheets

crooooze

755bffd46409455889e27467c025123f.jpgf31de6d0f5818f0700987a554213fa8b.jpg

Celebrity Summit... Yellow urine stained bed covers. Pulled it off the bed when we noticed it and left a not-so-pleasant note for the room stewart to replace... Would you believe he put them back on????

This is not acceptable! You should have asked for a new mattress and all new linens and duvet. Also, the housekeeping manager should be advised. Your room steward certainly dropped the ball here.

Are you still on Summit? If so, then get as many people involved as necessary to resolve this to your complete satisfaction. I'm appalled that you had to be subjected to such nastiness!

755bffd46409455889e27467c025123f.jpgf31de6d0f5818f0700987a554213fa8b.jpg

Celebrity Summit... Yellow urine stained bed covers. Pulled it off the bed when we noticed it and left a not-so-pleasant note for the room stewart to replace... Would you believe he put them back on????

Wow, thank you for posting this! Anymore follow up from Celebrity? What cabin was this bed in?

Believe me, it was taken care of.

The point is... check your beds. I’ve cruised enough to know this is a rare event, but every once in a while poop happens... In this case, peepee happened :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow... very bad..

We do always check...more for bedbugs but never saw anything this disgusting! Your room steward is not doing a very good job! I would complain up the chain...

Is it a mattress cover, or something that you were sleeping under? Hard to tell from your photo. Exactly what type of covering was it?

I am not trying to defend Celebrity, but could whatever the item is be clean, but just "stained"? Does it smell? Some stains do not come out. And it could be a stain from urine, coffee, or sweat. No telling!

Did your steward admit that he had done wrong? Or could he just not have understood your note? We have had communication problems from leaving notes, and from talking direct to some of our stewards.

Whatever item of bedding it is, it does look gross! :eek:

Is it a mattress cover, or something that you were sleeping under? Hard to tell from your photo. Exactly what type of covering was it?

I am not trying to defend Celebrity, but could whatever the item is be clean, but just "stained"? Does it smell? Some stains do not come out. And it could be a stain from urine, coffee, or sweat. No telling!

Did your steward admit that he had done wrong? Or could he just not have understood your note? We have had communication problems from leaving notes, and from talking direct to some of our stewards.

Yes, i agree on all these points

I would have probably been angry enough to just take the pad off the bed and go down to guest services to show to the hotel director. If they wanted to call someone else (head of housekeeping, etc), that would be fine...I'd wait at the desk for whoever they called.

It was the mattress cover. On top of that was the sheets, which were clean. But you can see the colors through the sheets.

It was just stained - it did not smell. Nonetheless, when it gets that gross, you toss it. This is not a Motel 6.

The note pretty much said “Please replace this - it is disgusting.” The second time, I went to guest services. He did apologize, we got a clean mattress cover, and that was the end of it.

After that, we put our toothbrushes in the safe whenever we left the room. LOL!

I wouldn't be sticking my nose in the stain to see if it smelled! There's no excuse for this - as someone mentioned, this isn't Motel 6, it what's supposed to be an upper-end cruise line. Even if the mattress pad is 'clean' and simply stained, it's inexcusable to put stained linens on a passenger's bed.

I agree it should have been replaced - it was not in an acceptable condition to be still used on the bed. But that said, IMHO this total outrage is a bit of an overreaction. The OP admitted it was stained, not soiled. A face-to-face discussion with the room steward would likely have resolved the issue (notes are rarely a good idea due to language issues). And I doubt it was urine stained as was originally posted. Did cloth diapers for my youngest and after washing there was never a stain anywhere close to this - more likely someone had spilled a drink or something.

What a horrible thing to have to endure! I am glad it worked out for you -

but I must say, the ToothBrush comment had me falling off the chair with laughter!!!! (and nodding head in agreement)

"What a horrible thing to have to endure!". You're kidding, right. If that's the worst thing they ever 'have to endure' they are lucky people indeed.

"What a horrible thing to have to endure!". You're kidding, right. If that's the worst thing they ever 'have to endure' they are lucky people indeed.

So because there are worse things that can happen in life they should sleep on that nastiness and consider themselves lucky? I think you're missing the point here.

I wouldn't be sticking my nose in the stain to see if it smelled! There's no excuse for this - as someone mentioned, this isn't Motel 6, it what's supposed to be an upper-end cruise line. Even if the mattress pad is 'clean' and simply stained, it's inexcusable to put stained linens on a passenger's bed.

I didn't ask if he had stuck their noises in it. Yuck! Only wondered if they had noticed a smell of urine and why they investigated. But I see now that the OP noticed the stain through the sheets. I would have simply asked (after pointing it out) for the pad to be changed.

I think we all would be surprised to see what is under the bedclothes when we are staying in hotels and on the ships. Personally, I don't want to know. :eek::eek::eek: I do check for evidence of bed bugs, however.

I agree it should have been replaced - it was not in an acceptable condition to be still used on the bed. But that said, IMHO this total outrage is a bit of an overreaction. The OP admitted it was stained, not soiled. A face-to-face discussion with the room steward would likely have resolved the issue (notes are rarely a good idea due to language issues). And I doubt it was urine stained as was originally posted. Did cloth diapers for my youngest and after washing there was never a stain anywhere close to this - more likely someone had spilled a drink or something.

(y)

After that, we put our toothbrushes in the safe whenever we left the room. LOL!

I would also be leery using the water glasses,

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅