The Celebrity Revolution

upwarduk

Could someone go over which areas will be lost to non suite guests on M and S class, as shown in the Forbes article..see attachment and attachment to next post

M class did not have much public space to begin with, esp when they took Michaels Club away for suite guests only..

We are.mostly intetested in S class because the AC and sewage systems on M class are getting old...not sure if they will be replaced in the upgrade.

The designer has sleek spaces but works in a very gray palette...nothing bright or uplifting,

We can only speculate for now but it seems as follows:

-Solstice Deck sundeck to be replaced by Retreat sundeck

-Conference Center and half of Sky Lounge to be replaced by Signature and Reflection Suites (already done on Reflection).

The above seem pretty definite. Below are my additional speculations:

-Kid and Teen Area replaced by Retreat Lounge

-Basketball court replaced by Retreat pool area

And this is a big maybe:

-Other half of Sky Lounge replaced by Luminae?

Luminae was mentioned for getting upgrades but nothing said about it moving and no renderings of a new space so this might not happen, again just my speculation on what would make the most sense for creating a total Suites only space to match what’s on Edge.

If the above happens then spaces will open up like the current Michael’s Club and Luminae for new venues that would be open to everyone which is a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

-Conference Center and half of Sky Lounge to be replaced by Signature and Reflection Suites (already done on Reflection).

And this is a big maybe:

Luminae was mentioned for getting upgrades but nothing said about it moving and no renderings of a new space so this might not happen, again just my speculation on what would make the most sense for creating a total Suites only space to match what’s on Edge.

If the above happens then spaces will open up like the current Michael’s Club and Luminae for new venues that would be open to everyone which is a plus.

Agree, the Solstice deck will likely be the new Retreat area. This will reduce the sun loungers for the general pax as there will not be the same amount of suite pax in that area as there would have been ‘general’ pax. And the extra suites will result in less public space across the board - more cabins equates to more pax whichever way you look at it.

If they use the kids/teen area and the basketball court, this will also reduce space and where will they replace those areas on the rest of the ship? Or are you stating that they won’t be replaced?

I know it’s a new announcement but any ideas on how long such a refurb would take?

I ask because it says Connie will be competed by May 1, 2020 and I am on April 1, 2020....which ends in Rome on April 16, 2020.

I’m not aware of a dry dock facility that she can get to quickly ( perhaps Cadiz?) and then all the work is completed in only 2 weeks?

Do I really want to go on a ship just before a major dry dock... ?

Would you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it’s a new announcement but any ideas on how long such a refurb would take?

I ask because it says Connie will be competed by May 1, 2020 and I am on April 1, 2020....which ends in Rome on April 16, 2020.

I’m not aware of a dry dock facility that she can get to quickly ( perhaps Cadiz?) and then all the work is completed in only 2 weeks?

Do I really want to go on a ship just before a major dry dock... ?

Would you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not before or straight after. Remember her last dry dock fiasco and not being ready in time :confused:? Monaco Grand Prix if my memory serves me right!

So Millie is first in the list and show her first cruise after her Revolution on Feb 9. The last cruise available to book ends in Singapore on Jan 5.

No cruises online for January.....looks like a 5 week window for refurb.

Answering my own question!

I don't see any mention of upgrades to AC and sewage systems...esp for M class ships some of which need it..We had AC issues on Infinity and others had sewage smell issues..

The soft goods and furniture upgrades have always been very nice but have been done piece meal....leaving some parts looking great while leaving old furniture and decor in other spaces...big contrast!

The physical changes where they chopped up spaces to add restaurants were a bit awkward on M Class and also deleted nice areas. They did a good job with BLU and Luminae...but not so great with other areas...

Reflection was built slightly bigger but carries more passengers.. It has crowded areas, truncated nightclub and has the Solarium and spa on diff levels..

We will wait to hear how the remodel goes...our next cruises are booked on EDGE.!

And this is a big maybe:

The existing Michael's Club lounges will become the Retreat Lounge

The existing Michael's Club lounges will become the Retreat Lounge

I would think that they would want a view from any new Retreat Lounge. I would predict that the name "Michael's Club" would be dropped and the space turned into another venue.

Very pretty renderings. It sounds like most of the changes cater to suiteguests, & the hell with the vast majority. However, Unfortunately, after over twenty years of sailing with them, Celebrity has pretty much lost us due to their pricing.

Very pretty renderings. It sounds like most of the changes cater to suiteguests, & the hell with the vast majority. However, Unfortunately, after over twenty years of sailing with them, Celebrity has pretty much lost us due to their pricing.

That's where I have jumped off. When they break into a new market, sometimes their pricing is lower for itineraries when they're building demand. Otherwise, Celebrity is has gone way out of my price league. The changes don't seem to benefit much more than suites guests too. :(