The Celebrity Revolution

upwarduk

at least it looks like it still have overhead lights....

they didn't try to go fully down the softly li hotel room style of the last 20 years....no overhead light and if you drop a ring or an earring....you almost need a metal detector :)

Agree.,lighting looks good..hope more outlets too!

Penthouse Suite:

37274721_1762573080485558_4890999359572803584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=12684a9cdd8ff59f11c00b745d52c42a&oe=5BCB7E9B

37363755_1762572513818948_6308812499714048000_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f35ba4228b67e71ef4a3f3f40b48d855&oe=5BD58719

37318026_1762572547152278_1042952792592875520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c3ca0ae091fc6f3429d0649104cfa427&oe=5BDA579C

37265772_1762573423818857_1192682920263811072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=049a3a398c9ae01800cd265cc99cdd7f&oe=5BDFD03B

None of these would attract me away from AQ class.... way too IKEA Showoom!.. DH and I prefer plush over the cold look. Others of course will disagree.

Edited by hcat

enhance

Thanks for posting these...

Those I believe are M class lounges...recessed ceiling is where the hole was filled in years ago....

Hope the furniture will be new, not merely recovered...it is presenty worn and saggy!

Those 3 pictures and this one were labeled "Rendezvous Lounge."

Seems this is the Retreat Area..up top...The step up looks like where the sports courts are located????? So this would be off limits to those not in suites? Looks nice but could be windy,

Is that the pool or a hot tub, if the pool it's awful small...

oh yes please - a row of usb outlets plus plugs would be great....and no more arguments about i unplugged your phone to dry my hair :)

Outlet in bathroom would be nice for elec toothbrush...doubt it will happen!

After seeing the pics... if we booked M Class, we'd stick with AQ class if they do a nice remake of the spa, and Persian Gardens...and keep BLU as is..

guess the S class reveals will follow soon

enhance

Those 3 pictures and this one were labeled "Rendezvous Lounge."

Thanks .I could not remember the name...and we were there recenty on two Infinity cruises. Wonder why they would have a reclined lounge in a bar? Wierd furniture...

Is that the pool or a hot tub, if the pool it's awful small...

This was in one of the press releases, so hopefully that is the spa tub, though I have yet to find a picture of the pool, probably because it would reveal the location (and thus what was taken away).

"Renovated ships will also feature new The Retreat Sundecks, complete with a full-size pool and spa tub, loungers and cabanas, plus poolside food and beverage service. The Suites-only restaurant, Luminae, will be reimagined, with an all-new look and custom menus created by Celebrity’s Michelin-starred chef partner, Cornelius Gallagher."

Thanks .I could not remember the name...and we were there recenty on two Infinity cruises. Wonder why they would have a reclined lounge in a bar? Wierd furniture...

Oh, that is the lounger for us older folks after a night of eating, drinking, dancing....

We will be on the Millie in May, so will let you know if it is comfortable. :D

Edited by vtcruising

This was in one of the press releases, so hopefully that is the spa tub, though I have yet to find a picture of the pool, probably because it would reveal the location (and thus what was taken away).

"Renovated ships will also feature new The Retreat Sundecks, complete with a full-size pool and spa tub, loungers and cabanas, plus poolside food and beverage service. The Suites-only restaurant, Luminae, will be reimagined, with an all-new look and custom menus created by Celebrity’s Michelin-starred chef partner, Cornelius Gallagher."

I posted these pictures in the Retreat smoking thread, but looking at this press release with "poolside food and beverage service", I thought these picture belonged here. The probable venue for the Retreat sundeck poolside food and beverage service on the Edge is pictured below (there is also a bar). Wonder what will be on the M and S Class Retreat sundecks? :D

enhance

enhance

I posted these pictures in the Retreat smoking thread, but looking at this press release with "poolside food and beverage service", I thought these picture belonged here. The probable venue for the Retreat sundeck poolside food and beverage service on the Edge is pictured below (there is also a bar). Wonder what will be on the M and S Class Retreat sundecks? :D

enhance

enhance

have an image in my head of that lil truck going around the decks with jingly ice cream music from the 70's.....

I really like the looks of the posted pics.

We are elite plus and sail with NO drink package...Only drink at the elite party. Either get OBC/prepaid tips as benefit, or get the "no perks" pricing (which we prefer).

We are not the targeted demographic anyway...we usually have a $0.00 bill at the end of the cruise.

There are SO MANY options for cruise lines and an ever expanding number of ships to chose from. I've always thought of Celebrity as at or near the top of mass market lines...now I would say they are very similar to many of them...I think they want to try to get back to the top of the class...wish them the best. I'm betting they will price themselves out of the market for us...time will tell.

The only place they could reasonably put a pool would be where the basketball court is. On S class at the front of the ship. On M class at the rear of the ship which would make sense since it is next to the large sundeck that will obviously become The Retreat. The question then becomes where do they put the Retreat Lounge on M Class to keep it close to The Retreat sundeck? Maybe in the restaurant space up top? Of course then Tuscan would have to move somewhere. Michael’s Club space will be open but that has no kitchen. Or maybe that whole sundeck and basketball court area will be converted into both sundeck and lounge? Then maybe move Luminae up to where Tuscan is? Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity is removing itself from being a line I was striving to sail on again. I preferred their older Millennium-class ships for more exotic cruises because they had the elegance of yesteryear. All this rush for modern looking garbage is non-sense. If you look at it, the rooms functioned just as they should. What does sprucing them up going to do besides the paneling on the walls needing some replacing from years of dings and dents by passenger usage. The dining room renderings for the Millennium class ships look dreadfully bright and awful. The nostalgia of cruising is turning into a fashion walk versus what it used to be.

I also don't get where Elites are getting messed out of anything but I'm not one so can't comment on that. If they want to modernize the suite life, that's fine but eliminating the old steamer dining venues was a big mistake IMHO. Cruisers should value and cherish where the roots of today's modern day gigantic ships came from. With this modernization, Celebrity should modernize their dress codes because formal nights go with elegant decor, not contemporary garbage. Just my two cents...

I think they look amazing.

ECCruise

Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Asheville, NC

4,112 Posts

Joined Oct 2001

Posted Today, 06:06 PM

Originally posted by Baron Barracuda
So if bulk of Revolution will benefit only suites, and M class ships have just 50 suites (16 full + 34 ss), how much will X have to jack up prices on those 100 passengers to recoup their investment? And those cabins are already ridiculously expensive. The 95% of us who don't sail suites had better hold onto our wallets.

Agree. But you only need to hold on to your wallet if you continue to pay their over-the-top pricing. We've bailed after almost 300 days on =X= ships, only have 1 in the hopper. And that one, which is a repo, we would never even think of booking today since the price is up from $4000 when we booked to $8000 now. And where an AQ is around $9500.

Thanks a bunch, but for those prices we are on to Viking Ocean and back to Azamara and Oceania. Simply no comparison in the experience (for us, YMMV).

It is appropriate that Celebrity is updating their fleet - good business.

But as many posters have said before, if the update means less product and service for the non suite classification - together with price increases - that will work so long as people are willing to pay for it. Many will not.

Celebrity has been, is and will remain a mass market cruise line sharing many current attributes with other mass cruise lines like class segmentation, fixation on suites, reduction in service levels, reduction of reference to the ocean by enforcing "ship within a ship" design like removal of forward viewing areas, vegas entertainment/focus and gimmicks like magic carpets, booze at all costs, nickle and dime revenue generation etc.

Consumers who do not wish this type of product have never had more options by moving up to the premium cruise lines for little or no additional costs. Try it you might like it, we did.

There has never been such consumer choice in cruising and that is fantastic. Cruise lines should not automatically take for granted passenger loyalty or past business.

i think celebrity will out position themselves in a few years.... they are becoming the starbucks of cruises... and people on what is considered more bulk lines may move to them a few times....but the costs with them are rising...and the service can be mixed...

funny example - 3/4 years back we were in blu having dinner - was in port at 9pm- and an MSC ship i think docked and quickly thousands of happy screaming people unloaded planning a night on the town - so we were at the window and people watching...

the waiter comes over to top up our wine and we said 'they seem happy' - and as as he is pouring red wine on top of my white wine and onto another red wine in my husband's glass...he says ' ah yes - but you wouldn't get service on there like you do there':'):'):')

he was like basil fawlty's cousin.

i think celebrity have marketed well - but eventually more people will say the emperor has no clothes.... if a great itinerary and port times on reflection for a great price comes up on a week that suits - i may use them - but in my mindset i would need to think of them as a ferry to places and the bonus is something like murano.....but the rest of the onboard stuff is mixed for me.....

Celebrity is late to the game when it comes to the ship in a ship concept. Good luck competing with MSC's Yacht Club on the Seaside. The ship is phenominal. If Celebrity wants to segragate passengers and charge a ridiculous price to do so , they are wasting their time. MSC has them beat to the punch at probably half the price.

Oh, that is the lounger for us older folks after a night of eating, drinking, dancing....

We will be on the Millie in May, so will let you know if it is comfortable. :D

Thanks... will be interested in seeing it post refurb if that,'s when u are on Millie...When we were on Infinity there were seats and or couches along that wall area...It gets very crowded there before and after dinner hours and esp when the music is going on...every seat is at a premium! Somtimes SRO...probably at other times it could be a nice secret spot for reading and relaxing!

have an image in my head of that lil truck going around the decks with jingly ice cream music from the 70's.....

Maybe they can also get one of the Royal C bev machines that everyone seems to dislike...really retro!

am i reading previous posts right- and if not correct me...

with the refurb - the top deck where porch etc are now would only be suite access? with suite cabanas etc- as per photos.

so if you just want a balcony cabin - maybe or not aqua - then limited deck areas?

Only a VW on the Suite deck? Think they would get at least a Mercedes.

That's what I thought..On Royal..they had some really cool cars in the promenade...if I recall correctly..