The Celebrity Revolution

upwarduk

I would think that they would want a view from any new Retreat Lounge. I would predict that the name "Michael's Club" would be dropped and the space turned into another venue.

Michael's Club to be Zenith's Club?

Retreat Lounge to be Suites lounge?

I am sick and tire hearing Zenith is occupying Suites space when there is Zenith member in the room.

Very pretty renderings. It sounds like most of the changes cater to suiteguests, & the hell with the vast majority. However, Unfortunately, after over twenty years of sailing with them, Celebrity has pretty much lost us due to their pricing.

Like you, I dislike the bundled with promos pricing that has jacked up overall prices. Still, on a repo or TA you can find great prices.

Also, we did our first cruise with Royal C on Explorer of the Seas from Sydney to Seattle. It was nice. Royal and Celebrity are very similar in many areas and Royal's Diamond happy hour is great, it goes from 4:30 to 8 and you can order a glass of wine in the dining room. We didn't pay for a single alcoholic drink while on the 23 day cruise. Price was better than the Solstice TP.

Like you, I dislike the bundled with promos pricing that has jacked up overall prices. Still, on a repo or TA you can find great prices.

Also, we did our first cruise with Royal C on Explorer of the Seas from Sydney to Seattle. It was nice. Royal and Celebrity are very similar in many areas and Royal's Diamond happy hour is great, it goes from 4:30 to 8 and you can order a glass of wine in the dining room. We didn't pay for a single alcoholic drink while on the 23 day cruise. Price was better than the Solstice TP.

Looks like Celebrity have definitely identified the passengers they no longer want.

Michael's Club to be Zenith's Club?

Retreat Lounge to be Suites lounge?

I am sick and tire hearing Zenith is occupying Suites space when there is Zenith member in the room.

I have it from a very, very high and reliable source in Celebrity that Zeniths will be included in the Retreat so that MC space will no longer be necessary for Suites and Zeniths.

Very pretty renderings. It sounds like most of the changes cater to suiteguests, & the hell with the vast majority. However, Unfortunately, after over twenty years of sailing with them, Celebrity has pretty much lost us due to their pricing.

I wonder what happens if taupe and grey go out of fashion before next year! It seems like Kelly Hoppen only has two colours on her palatte.....:confused:

Ah but will Zeniths have access to the pool and sundeck? It was published earlier that the answer is “No” on Edge. What about on the M and S Class?

My source says "No", only the Lounge.

I can’t believe we may lose the Sky Lounge. The only space on the ship apart from the theatre capable of taking any quantity of people. I can see my loyalty’s changing over to Oceania 100% of the time you if us non suite class customers lose more of the ship

I would suggest the entertainment court area if the ship is reconfigured, and better use of the space is made. A ship without an observation bar really is missing something big in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So the X websites have 54 "Celebrity Revolutions " sailings listed for 2019 and 2020. What does it mean? Does it mean that the ship will be done and "revolusionised" for these sailings? Will work be done DURING these sailings? My 2020 on the Silhouette is listed as one.

How long will these ships be in dry dock to do the refurbished do you assume? 30 days? 60?

See my earlier post. Millie (first to be done) is blocked out for 5 -6 weeks with no sailings scheduled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t believe we may lose the Sky Lounge. The only space on the ship apart from the theatre capable of taking any quantity of people. I can see my loyalty’s changing over to Oceania 100% of the time you if us non suite class customers lose more of the ship

I would suggest the entertainment court area if the ship is reconfigured, and better use of the space is made. A ship without an observation bar really is missing something big in my opinion.

HAL has been downsizing, splitting the Crow's Nest for a while now, and their newest ship has it an out of the way spot sharing space with PCs. Long time HAL cruisers not happy with the "death of the Crow's Nest" (thread by that name.

I wonder what happens if taupe and grey go out of fashion before next year! It seems like Kelly Hoppen only has two colours on her palatte.....:confused:

I’m all greyed out already :D. Good job my hair isn’t the same colour: I’d blend in too much and my DH may lose me on the ship :evilsmile: :D.

We’vealso sailed Royal Caribbean, but never really took advantage of the D Lounge because we sailed with family who did not qualify. True, the repos & TAs are more reasonable, but that limits you as to when you travel. The eXciting deals, though recently not very exciting, are another alternative. Being a planner, my problem is having the discipline to wait on booking! We have been gravitating to Princess, which offers a similar experience to the present Celebrity.

So if bulk of Revolution will benefit only suites, and M class ships have just 50 suites (16 full + 34 ss), how much will X have to jack up prices on those 100 passengers to recoup their investment? And those cabins are already ridiculously expensive. The 95% of us who don't sail suites had better hold onto our wallets.

So if bulk of Revolution will benefit only suites, and M class ships have just 50 suites (16 full + 34 ss), how much will X have to jack up prices on those 100 passengers to recoup their investment? And those cabins are already ridiculously expensive. The 95% of us who don't sail suites had better hold onto our wallets.

Agree. But you only need to hold on to your wallet if you continue to pay their over-the-top pricing. We've bailed after almost 300 days on =X= ships, only have 1 in the hopper. And that one, which is a repo, we would never even think of booking today since the price is up from $4000 when we booked to $8000 now. And where an AQ is around $9500.

Thanks a bunch, but for those prices we are on to Viking Ocean and back to Azamara and Oceania. Simply no comparison in the experience (for us, YMMV).

will this revolution mean the removal of murano on reflection?

we were on in june and one of the senior staff mentioned there was strong pressure by corporate to get rid of murano.

murano was booked out every night with people looking for tables all the time - so though it required extra training and staff it attracted the crowd - whereas some other venues tuscan etc seemed half empty....

we are in our early 40's - so mid age range - not the youngest/not the oldest - but lots of younger couples in murano wanting to celebrate a special occasion etc.....so its not all casual....its nice to have the option.....

going on the changes to date- losing murano would mean i wouldn't travel with them again...

Edited by Bobtails12
sp

Very blase and boring but at least the stuff will be new.

..I am still looking through the posted photos above to see which ones are old spaces merely re decorated.....but goodness knows a re do was sorely needed esp M class areas that were really not redone in quite awhile!

37313483_1762572497152283_8201093400053678080_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d8422228dc8786517900801edf6d60f6&oe=5BD374CD

37282152_1762573607152172_5001814669770358784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=71270aea8a6482e4680438f2748f26dd&oe=5BD10CD2

Seems this is the Retreat Area..up top...The step up looks like where the sports courts are located????? So this would be off limits to those not in suites? Looks nice but could be windy,

37311717_1762571700485696_7245721295638233088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=37d8867c33d1bd0de49cd69083d91f0c&oe=5BCA6ADC

37308805_1762571687152364_576208242586157056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=e0ff7402ee3bb7068183c7c1ba4af629&oe=5BD0DE06

37287461_1762571547152378_6132946353585651712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=aa34a29be428c8921648090dc0c759fe&oe=5BE4AAAC

Thanks for posting these...

These I believe are M class lounges...recessed ceiling is where the hole was filled in years ago....

Hope the furniture will be new, not merely recovered...it is presenty worn and saggy!

at least it looks like it still have overhead lights....

they didn't try to go fully down the softly li hotel room style of the last 20 years....no overhead light and if you drop a ring or an earring....you almost need a metal detector :)

37276623_1762571567152376_3459846789744558080_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=85800ada337b955e6e517aa1cbb2c7dc&oe=5BCE0995

37344191_1762571583819041_8823874060384468992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3a3b0186a54a712adeb382efc2649a60&oe=5BD13671

Top,...aft window view MDR

Bottom..looks like the buffet. They said they would re do the flow on am class for getting food but some of the old linear stations are in the "pic" on the left