Unplugging electronics

Medtech2

i was looking at a recent Sun Daily when I noticed a blurb about unplugging all electronics whenever you leave the stateroom, and that the stewards have been instructed to unplug any they find.

Anyone have actual experience with this? There are times I leave my camera plugged in to recharge while doing something else around the ship.

I see the reasoning, but wondering just how much I’m going to have to plan ahead.

i was looking at a recent Sun Daily when I noticed a blurb about unplugging all electronics whenever you leave the stateroom, and that the stewards have been instructed to unplug any they find. Anyone have actual experience with this? There are times I leave my camera plugged in to recharge while doing something else around the ship. I see the reasoning, but wondering just how much I’m going to have to plan ahead.

Plan to follow the rules. That way your camera will be charged for those important pics.

i was looking at a recent Sun Daily when I noticed a blurb about unplugging all electronics whenever you leave the stateroom, and that the stewards have been instructed to unplug any they find.

Anyone have actual experience with this? There are times I leave my camera plugged in to recharge while doing something else around the ship.

I see the reasoning, but wondering just how much I’m going to have to plan ahead.

I have no electronics on the ship .Why would I need any ?

I have no electronics on the ship .Why would I need any ?
What a troll. If you can't answer the OP's question then keep your words to yourself and move on.

To the OP, in my experience, our room stewards have generally not unplugged anything. That being said, the plugs will not have power if you don't put your room key in the slot, so, that effectively turns them off. If you leave something in the slot when you leave the room, my experience is they will take that something out of the slot.

Edited by PATRLR

To the OP, in my experience, our room stewards have generally not unplugged anything. That being said, the plugs will not have power if you don't put your room key in the slot, so, that effectively turns them off. If you leave something in the slot when you leave the room, my experience is they will take that something out of the slot.

Only on the newer ships i.e. Epic onwards.

The older ships don't have room key slots.

mmmm a "travel" clock that needs to be plugged into mains?? Better to get a battery operated one.

it can work off the the battery too, but the battery life sucks compare to modern devices so i always have it plugged in

Im on the Breakaway now and they unplug my phone charger by the bed when we are not in the cabin but leave my lap top plugged in which is in the same set of sockets as the radio alarm on the desk.

I think from a safety issue it makes sense not to have phones and the like charging when youre not in th room - risk of fire is a ships biggest concern remember

My experiences over the past two years or so (four cruises) is that the stewards are unplugging electronics if you are not in the cabin. it doesn't happen every time, but on a regular basis. In truth there is no need to leave the stuff plugged in, just charge it at night, and before you say there are not enough plugs, just take an short extensions that splits the outlet into multiple plugs.

How do the staff and crew know your devices are not faulty, if you’re in the room you can smell electrical devices overcharging etc. You wouldn’t like to pay for all electrical devices PAT tested before being allowed onboard.

The first time my room steward touches my electronics is the last time he/she is allowed into my room.

They dont touch anything that they shouldnt - they simply remove the plug from the wall socket?

If youre not happy with that then I would simply suggest you unplug everything each time you leave the cabin :D

This is nothing new. Been around since at least late 2016. Gradually was rolled out across the fleet to be published daily in the Daily.

On the BTS tour they had notices and pictures of items that had started on fire in a stateroom (non-NCL). This was all after the Galaxy issue.

We were on the Jade in Dec 2017. I had phone plugged in, e-cigarettes plugged in and the camera plugged in. NONE were unplugged during our 10 day cruise to Panama. Have another NCL Pearl scheduled for Nov and plan on the same course of action.

Just go to Google Images and search "cell phone battery fire". That is why they unplug devices. Fire at sea is almost as scary as fire in an aircraft.

Some people just clearly have no concern for their safety or that of others. Their need to charge their ecig batteries clearly outweighs the welfare of 4000+ other passengers and 2000+ crew.