Price reduction after room catagory is sold out?

I have read that prior to final payment if the price for your already booked cabin goes down RC will honor the lower price if you call in and ask. I have a cruise booked on EOS in late October in a JS. Based on the current prices for other categories on the website it appears that the price may now be lower with additional obc. The problem is that the JS category is sold out so I can't do a test booking to confirm the final price. Is it worth calling in to ask? I think it might be a difficult call since I cannot tell them that I am seeing a lower price on the web site. Our current booking has no OBC so even getting the current OBC added would be nice. Thoughts?

If it is sold out, the price will not have gone down.

Why would RCI lower the price on something they cannot sell, or if one opens up, are pretty sure it will sell for the previous rate?

I always thought that once the category is sold out that you could not do that. That said our category IS sold out for a cruise next year, we did a refundable rate. I called to price a non refundable rate and was able to get a quote although there are no cabins left so I'd say it can't hurt to try.

I had read a few posts on here lately from people that were able to do it

I have read that prior to final payment if the price for your already booked cabin goes down RC will honor the lower price if you call in and ask. I have a cruise booked on EOS in late October in a JS. Based on the current prices for other categories on the website it appears that the price may now be lower with additional obc. The problem is that the JS category is sold out so I can't do a test booking to confirm the final price. Is it worth calling in to ask? I think it might be a difficult call since I cannot tell them that I am seeing a lower price on the web site. Our current booking has no OBC so even getting the current OBC added would be nice. Thoughts?

Can't hurt to try and call. Some have reported being able to get a price drop and/or extra perks on a sold out category.

It is rare however it does happen that you can get a price reduction in a sold out category.

It happens when the promotion changes. This new promotion is applied against all categories. The last selling price of a category is maintained in the system (in case someone cancels and a cabin gets put back in inventory). If the promotion were to switch to a 30% off each guest from the current get the second guest 50% off it is possible that some people in a sold out category could receive a price reduction in their cabin.

What you won’t find is a price drop due to slow sales. Those are applied to active categories only.

Pretty sure since the category is sold out, there's no "price" to compare to.

The German TA site that many use for inventory has a price drop notification feature - the couple of times I have used it, it showed a new price on a sold out category as part of a price drop notification.

Update - unfortunately I did not call immediately after I posted the question as we are in the middle of helping with a home purchase for our son so there are lots of other calls going on. I just checked the site again in and the pricing has now gone back to what we paid originally. The site is also showing a JS which was sold out so I assume someone mush have cancelled. If the price changes again in our favor I will try to call in right away. Either way looking forward to getting back on Enchantment. She was our first cruise 5 years ago.