Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi coolers, today I am having new shower doors installed in my bathroom😃. The glass folks should be here about

1:30.  I ordered them 3 weeks ago so this is pretty exciting😃

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi coolers, today I am having new shower doors installed in my bathroom😃. The glass folks should be here about

1:30.  I ordered them 3 weeks ago so this is pretty exciting😃

Treat yourself to a new squeegee. The OXO one is GREAT!

https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Stainless-Steel-Squeegee/dp/B000NZKHKU/ref=asc_df_B000NZKHKU/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167151917164&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5719978254424934014&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030895&hvtargid=pla-83809797686&psc=1

We got up on Sat to discover that our freezer had died, ref/freezer in garage and rv ones now over flowing and a dear friend has the rest in her freezer. Since we live aways out, we always buy several of everything. Went down 30 miles to the "big city" and checked all the big box stores looking for a new one. Could only actually see ONE at one place, it seems that they stopped making them when covid hit. We now have one ordered on line which won't be delivered until Oct 3, at least. They will have to take the old one out & bring new one in through outdoor stairs since they won't lift anything over 6 inches and the main stairway has my "chair lift" built into the side. (great for laundry, suitcases and groceries) This is also why my main ref/freezer with a broken ice maker is still in the kitchen--that wouldn't fit thru the patio doors from the outside stairs.    OK, I've vented for the week, back into my cocoon.

10 minutes ago, silkismom said:

We got up on Sat to discover that our freezer had died, ref/freezer in garage and rv ones now over flowing and a dear friend has the rest in her freezer. Since we live aways out, we always buy several of everything. Went down 30 miles to the "big city" and checked all the big box stores looking for a new one. Could only actually see ONE at one place, it seems that they stopped making them when covid hit. We now have one ordered on line which won't be delivered until Oct 3, at least. They will have to take the old one out & bring new one in through outdoor stairs since they won't lift anything over 6 inches and the main stairway has my "chair lift" built into the side. (great for laundry, suitcases and groceries) This is also why my main ref/freezer with a broken ice maker is still in the kitchen--that wouldn't fit thru the patio doors from the outside stairs.    OK, I've vented for the week, back into my cocoon.

WOW!  Seems the pandemic is creating some unexpected problems.  Hope things work out for you silkismom!

England has a lot of faults and problems at present (hasn't everyone) but at least we generally do not have what sounds to me like freak weather.  So sad also about the fires on the west coast.

Silkismom, your freezer problems sound pretty awful; hope you can get them sorted soon.

Terry - almost time for your 'procedure'; the best of luck and that it is fairly uneventful afterwards.

Just had a couple of glasses of wine; not quite enough to ruin my spelling, but enough to make me  bit more laid back.

Lola

• Like 3

21 hours ago, clo said:

LOL. I'm terrible at geography but google is my best friend. And I've only done a tiny bit of Western Canada. If they ever let us back in again we want to do lots more. Especially if we don't don't cruise or fly again. We have a little motor home.

Clo - what type of motorhome do you have?  We have a Tiffin and are thinking about downsizing.

1 minute ago, Emtbsam said:

Clo - what type of motorhome do you have?  We have a Tiffin and are thinking about downsizing.

Ooh, I've seen a couple of Tiffins recently, probably over 40'. Stunning. Ours is a Thor Compass. Only 23' but with a rear slide so we have a queen bed in the back. Diesel and we've been getting about 17mpg. We had a 30+' Beaver some years ago but with this little 'gal' we don't have to tow and can drive it through cities. It's a 2016 that we bought a year ago. It's got all the bells and whistles (well, it didn't have a spare tire but it does now!) and our timing was sure good.

We're the little one in the photo obviously and I'm almost positive that the one to the left in the photo is a Tiffin.

motorhome.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Terry - almost time for your 'procedure'; the best of luck and that it is fairly uneventful afterwards.    Lola

It's been busy today and recently at the Cooler.  Many posts, thoughts, comments, questions, etc.  YES, getting ready to do tomorrow late morning for my kidney stone "blasting".  Will post as to how things go.  And, if it is "FUN"??!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

179431994_ScreenShot2020-09-14at4_56_15PM.png.45c3e93fface5addc90855cb3ddb6267.png

882816990_ScreenShot2020-09-14at4_56_34PM.png.f96124d62ab9dc4bd92073cf1febfed4.png

• Haha 1

Terry, sending you all good wishes and everything will be fine😃....we will all be thinking of you!!!!!!

Well, my new shower doors are in and I LOVE THEM!!!!!! They look so nice!!🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

We just came in from the woods and here is our 2020 38’ footer pulled by a 2019 RAM 3500.  With 3 slides and king bed, it’s larger than a SS Veranda suite. 😁

Ahh  ......   but Stumbles  -  does it have a BUTLER  ??? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Terry, sending you all good wishes and everything will be fine😃....we will all be thinking of you!!!!!!   Well, my new shower doors are in and I LOVE THEM!!!!!! They look so nice!!🙂

Glad, Lois, your new shower doors are working well.  Off to the hospital "fun" in a little over an hour.  Fortunately, it's an outpatient kidney stone procedure.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1257447013_ScreenShot2020-09-15at7_48_09AM.png.0c4a4169a0abba0ed27fbda908305ab6.png

837283117_ScreenShot2020-09-15at7_48_31AM.thumb.png.ccba092b64046d5ca72844b9642f23ed.png