Anthem lunch options on embarcation day

I'd get to beautiful, gorgeous Bayonne around 10am.

Agree with 10am. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Other lunch options are Cafe 270, Solarium Bistro, seaplex Dog House, Cafe Promenade, and Sorrentos. There are also pay venues open for lunch. Compass will list what's open starting at 11 am.

Earlier is better on the Anthem.

I'd get to beautiful, gorgeous Bayonne around 10am.

Agree with 10am. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Other lunch options are Cafe 270, Solarium Bistro, seaplex Dog House, Cafe Promenade, and Sorrentos. There are also pay venues open for lunch. Compass will list what's open starting at 11 am.

Earlier is better on the Anthem.

I believe that he is quoting CC member meadowlander. ;) :D

The cruiseport is what makes Bayonne beautiful lol.

We're onboard Anthem in Oct and we are having lunch at Jamie's. I hate the crazy overcrowded feeling of the WJ on boarding day and some of the other venues have long lines too so for us it's worth it to pay for lunch. But, we rarely eat in the WJ anyway. We usually arrive around 1030, but we're shooting for 10 this time.

Maybe I'm just lucky but haven't felt crush in windjammer on any of our Anthem / Quantum sailings. It's probably the way food stations are spread out. Much better, more open setup than Freedom or Voyager class. On July 26th sailing with ship at full capacity there were still seats available at 12:30. Later, once cabins become available windjammer really empties out. Having said that 270 is a great alternative.

The cruiseport is what makes Bayonne beautiful lol.

We're onboard Anthem in Oct and we are having lunch at Jamie's. I hate the crazy overcrowded feeling of the WJ on boarding day and some of the other venues have long lines too so for us it's worth it to pay for lunch. But, we rarely eat in the WJ anyway. We usually arrive around 1030, but we're shooting for 10 this time.

You didn't make reservations, did you? They always have a lunch special on board.

• Like 1

You didn't make reservations, did you? They always have a lunch special on board.

We did, but I caught a sale so it was like $17/person and we'll have another couple with us.

We arrived at port around 10:00 am luggage dropped off, car parked and on board by around 11:30. Stay away from Windjammer on boarding day. We walked in and walked out. To crowded. Go to Cafe 270 for sandwiches and salads much quieter and seats can easily be found.

I keep reading responses about Bayonne as being beautiful, but now with this thread I'm wondering if it's a sarcastic beautiful haha!! We leave Saturday on Anthem, so I guess I'll find out which way it is!

We will be sailing on Anthem this Saturday too. But definitely not arriving at port at 10:00 am!

I keep reading responses about Bayonne as being beautiful, but now with this thread I'm wondering if it's a sarcastic beautiful haha!! We leave Saturday on Anthem, so I guess I'll find out which way it is!

Parts of NJ are actually gorgeous. I live here and I am not joking. You just need to know where to go. However, most people only see the turnpike, Newark and other places that are not so nice. I don't particularly think Bayonne where the cruise port is that nice, although Liberty State Park (which is a 15 minute drive from the port) is actually quite nice with views of the Statute of Liberty (ships to the statute leave from Liberty State Park area), New York Skyline, nice walks, etc.

Parts of NJ are actually gorgeous. I live here and I am not joking. You just need to know where to go. However, most people only see the turnpike, Newark and other places that are not so nice. I don't particularly think Bayonne where the cruise port is that nice, although Liberty State Park (which is a 15 minute drive from the port) is actually quite nice with views of the Statute of Liberty (ships to the statute leave from Liberty State Park area), New York Skyline, nice walks, etc.

Yeah unfortunately most peoples idea or thoughts of NJ come from the opening scene of "The Sopranos" but NJ has actually really beautiful places. The Monmouth County parks is one of the nicest. Holmdel Park comes to mind, they keep it beautiful and we love taking our son there every summer. Atlantic Highlands, Sandy Hook, Seabright, Point Pleasant, LBI, all nice places in NJ.

• Like 2

Question, We purchased the Deluxe Dining package, If can we eat at Jamie's for lunch on embarkation day is it 'free' since we have the package?

Do you mean a specific number of meals, or the Ultimate Dining Package?

If the latter, it is included.

If the former, it would count as one of your "meals" and be a waste (relatively speaking) of your money.