Policy Change - Non Alcoholic Beverages

I’ll be watching to see how this works out. We pack a duffle with 32 16 oz. for the week and check it. I’m okay with carrying it on although it’s a pain.

Again if the water bottle charge was reasonable I’d love to buy it rather then lug it on board and stop for it on the way to the pier. I just can’t buy their water. It’s too much, absolute robbery. And I don’t like the huge bottles it comes in.

We don’t buy the drink package.

https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=brita+water+bottle&sprefix=brita+wa%2Caps%2C138&crid=231FMTTLO13WA

71qdhzaBKwL._SL1300_.jpg

Agree with Merion Mom above.

One of the things we disliked a couple years ago while boarding the Carnival Dream, was that most people in line looked like they just came from Walmart. It looked like a grocery store check out line instead of a check in line for a cruise.

And as an aside, can you imagine how many millions of plastic straws can be made with just a few of those PLASTIC bottles.

Lol. I'm well aware of water bottles. I have nice ones that sent my luggage to the naughty room because they thought they were full of alcohol.

It's a pain to take them to the windjammer, get several water glasses and fill them.

I'll adapt. As Merion Mom pointed out you can ask for them in the diamond lounge. I'll still bring my 12 for excursion days. It means packing those reusable bottles in my carry on too so no delayed luggage.

Now can we get the pre paid alcohol for your room use on every ship? If I'm going to carry a big water bottle everywhere I'd like to have some rum or vodka to put in it too.

Lol. I'm well aware of water bottles. I have nice ones that sent my luggage to the naughty room because they thought they were full of alcohol.

It's a pain to take them to the windjammer, get several water glasses and fill them.

I'll adapt. As Merion Mom pointed out you can ask for them in the diamond lounge. I'll still bring my 12 for excursion days. It means packing those reusable bottles in my carry on too so no delayed luggage.

Now can we get the pre paid alcohol for your room use on every ship? If I'm going to carry a big water bottle everywhere I'd like to have some rum or vodka to put in it too.

The alcohol is only available for purchase on certain ships.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery-product/packages/bacardi-gold-and-coca-cola-package/

Hey everyone,

On the Anthem of the Seas now. My wife and I brought on 2 bottles of wine and 2 six packs of mini soda cans. Went through check-in and they saw the cans, counted them and said we were good because we were under the limit

I wanted regular sized (12 oz) cans instead of minis but my wife was concerned they would be too big. Once on board I saw several people with 12 packs under their arms.

Just wanted to update everyone that is is allowed. At least for now and on AOS.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I agree that it's burden. However if they charged a realistic amount of money for bottled water I'm sure that passengers would opt for that than having to be burdened with packing it from home. Right now a 12 pack of Evian water is selling for $39 dollars and a 24 pack is $69 on my cruise planner. That's just robbery. I bet if they sold it for $15 and $25 dollars that people would buy it rather than hauling it from home and they would still make money. A case of 24 bottled waters are always on sale in my neighborhood at 3 cases for $10.

The profit margin compared to anything else Evian isn't Robbery. They make more profit on everything else they sell. For a 12 pack bottles they run $12-13 for 6 pack at stores, or $24 for 12 pack. There is no way they could sell it at $15-25 as you suggest. Now if they carried and sold a cheap and smaller case bottled waters at that price yes. But you'd get less water.

Hey everyone,

On the Anthem of the Seas now. My wife and I brought on 2 bottles of wine and 2 six packs of mini soda cans. Went through check-in and they saw the cans, counted them and said we were good because we were under the limit

I wanted regular sized (12 oz) cans instead of minis but my wife was concerned they would be too big. Once on board I saw several people with 12 packs under their arms.

Just wanted to update everyone that is is allowed. At least for now and on AOS.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Has been for years on most ships, just changing now. I been bringing Mt Dew on board Royal since 1996 myself. Only thing ever liked about NCL they had a Pepsi/Dew vending machine with 20oz bottles in it...

Boarding Radiance to Hawaii next Friday. Glad to hear of this change just in time for my cruise!

We are on this cruise too. First cruise we are not flying into the departure port so this will be convenient for us for this trip. I like to have cold bottles of water ready for our port days and bottles of coke since we are not fans of fountain soda. It's a shame we can no longer check it with our baggage but we don't buy a huge case of drinks, just a few, so we will be fine with carrying on.

We did prepurchase bottled water on Princess but it was quite reasonably priced and it was smaller individual sizes.

So they are officially cracking down on the "slap a luggage tag on a case of water" practice.

It's about time!! :o:cool:

Those bulky cases are a pain to handle for the porters and cabin attendants dragging them to your cabin.

Edited by island lady

All they would have to do to cut down on the water being brought onboard is offer it for sale at a reasonable price, like Carnival.

Wholly agreed. If they sold the Evian 12-pack for $20 I would not even think in bothering to bring my own. But $40 for something you can find for $10, is pretty ridiculous.

The profit margin compared to anything else Evian isn't Robbery. They make more profit on everything else they sell. For a 12 pack bottles they run $12-13 for 6 pack at stores, or $24 for 12 pack. There is no way they could sell it at $15-25 as you suggest. Now if they carried and sold a cheap and smaller case bottled waters at that price yes. But you'd get less water.

You can absolutely find the 12-pack of 1L Evians for $12 and even $10. As a matter of fact, I did and do often. No special sale or promo. That's the going price for the 12-pack Box.

I don’t have a problem with this. In the past we slapped a luggage tag on a case of water and it always got delivered. Will just have to bring a small roller bag to haul it around until we can get into our cabin.

My complaint is Evian. It is such nasty bottled water, tastes like chlorinated pool water. I do wish they would offer another option. And pull the outrageous pricing out of the stratosphere.

You can absolutely find the 12-pack of 1L Evians for $12 and even $10. As a matter of fact, I did and do often. No special sale or promo. That's the going price for the 12-pack Box.

I have never seen it this cheap. If I did I certainly would buy it though

I have never seen it this cheap. If I did I certainly would buy it though

Sam’s Club. It is usually $12 and sometimes goes on sale for $10. It’s my water of choice because it’s completely tasteless, unlike regular bottled water.

On our last carnival cruise I ordered a case of water thru the ship for $4.99 and it was in our state room when we arrived. I would GLADLY do this if RCI would offer it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I honestly don't get why Royal has such egregious prices on water, of all the things. And to be sure I'm willing to pay a premium, say 2X retail for the convenience. But $40 is (un)armed robbery.

• 2 weeks later...