Leaving Ship Early

Major issue. I've booked an expensive (Star Class) cruise. Seven Day Caribbean.

Passengers myself, wife, son, and his wife.

Grand daughter, not a passenger, has just learned that she has Cotillion while we're gone on cruise.

Non refundable deposit. $1000.

Last port stop is Cozumel.

Flight home from Cozumel would get daughter in law home for Cotillion.

What are consequences if she leaves ship and flies home from Cozumel?

Grand daughter, not a passenger, has just learned that she has Cotillion while we're gone on cruise.

I believe there is a fee. Somewhere around $75 pp

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You must arrange this in advance with the cruise line.

Just curious, what will stop her?

The only person to ask is RCI. You will need their permission to do this. You can't just leave the ship and get a taxi to the airport.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The only person to ask is RCI. You will need their permission to do this. You can't just leave the ship and get a taxi to the airport.

Sure you can “just leave the ship and get a taxi to the airport”. It is a cruise ship not a prison.

Sure you can “just leave the ship and get a taxi to the airport”. It is a cruise ship not a prison.

They might be breaking Mexican Immigration rules/regulations... The cruise ship will have told them that the pax will be departing on the ship; not leaving by plane...

I don't KNOW if not notifying anyone in this case would cause a problem, but I've had enough dealings with Immigration in various countries to know it is best to have all your paperwork in order.

Aloha,

John

My sister's Mother In Law passed away the day before a family cruise. My sister started the cruise with us and then flew home from Cozumel for the funeral. The Concierge was able to assist with the arrangements. Since you have advance notice I would just try to plan ahead.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Its not like Royal has possession of the passport. What if the passenger simply just “missed the boat” they would have to fly home anyway. Way too much thought is being put into this. Its like the no show threads. Just don’t show up. Wave bye, bye from the pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Its not like Royal has possession of the passport. What if the passenger simply just “missed the boat” they would have to fly home anyway. Way too much thought is being put into this. Its like the no show threads. Just don’t show up. Wave bye, bye from the pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There's been couple times on here cruisers reported being stopped and inspected by Security while they were walking off with roller bags... Remember at least once that they were bringing Medical Equipment ashore with them and not leaving ship permanently

So inconsiderate to walk off.. ship will be making announcements looking for her. Ground staff will be kept late waiting for her to come running....they’ll open her safe to leave her stuff with the port agent....

Do it properly.

There is a form to complete. It only costs $75.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So inconsiderate to walk off.. ship will be making announcements looking for her. Ground staff will be kept late waiting for her to come running....they’ll open her safe to leave her stuff with the port agent....

Do it properly.

Hubby still on ship, he could tell them she missed boat.

Besides I already gave correct info in post 2, now it's just delving into possibilities

There's been couple times on here cruisers reported being stopped and inspected by Security while they were walking off with roller bags... Remember at least once that they were bringing Medical Equipment ashore with them and not leaving ship permanently
Not sure she's taking anything off with her.

There are legal implications when a passenger leaves the ship before the end of the cruise. Rather than being "in transit" in the foreign countly, they are actually entering the foreign country, and they have to be processed by government agents. The cruise line has to arrange this process.

One issue I see is this. When we fly in we get a slip of paper from immigration and are told it must be presented when we check in for our flight home. Have seen several people on multiple occasions who have Miss placed that paper and missed flights out due to being detained. If this happens it's not like you are just going to catch the next Delta flight home. You aren't looking at an airport like Hou, Dal or Atl there are just a handful of flights each day in and out of the country

It will cost you $65.

Send an e-mail with all the details to : AirSeaGFO@RCCL.com.

At least two weeks before the sailing you'll get an approval document back.

Do it properly.

Exactly, how rude! If you know this is something you want to do then at least have the common courtesy to notify the cruise line so they are not holding up the ship for the missing passenger.