American Express Offer Is Back

mrcliff

The way it worked for me was that I log into my AMEX account and go to the section where you can view all of the offers that you can add to your card. I scrolled through them until I reached "World's Leading Cruiseline". I clicked on the link there to add it to my card. It was that easy. I get monthly emails from AMEX about offers to add to my card. This one wasn't in the email, but it was on the longer offer list.

What way would be best to use this offer?

I see some people use it for FCC purchases, some for payments & some for final payment.

Anything else?

I tried it for FCC several years ago. Since they charge each one separately, they would not give it to me. It was with my AMEX platinum card.

I have looked several times over the past couple days and this offer is not available on any of my cards.

There must be some confusion, Amy....

We all know that the one link just goes to that page that describes the offer.

That is NOT the actual offer.

What I do not understand is how you are saying you got the 'have already used this offer' message.

THE OFFER DOES HAVE TO BE ADDED TO, AND SHOWING ON, YOUR SPECIFIC CARD.

I do know that. When this first popped up, I clicked on some link in the beginning of this thread and that's what it told me was that I had already used it, which of course I hadn't! Which I thought was odd. It didn't do that again - then it would go to the World Cruise Line page with all the brands on it. I will be patient, maybe it will show up eventually or maybe someone will have a link to get the offer. I don't mean to cause all kinds of confusion here.

I was reading about this on a different message board and it seems others got that message as well. And are all going through the same things all of us are! Some have it, some don't, some got that "already used" message, some didn't! Crazy. And frustrating.

Edited by amypete

Will this offer work if we use AE card to pay for excursions before we go onboard?

I did that indirectly with the last offer by buying $500 OBC and getting the $100 credit.

Also a heads up for those who do not find the offer. I did not find it, but then clicked on Travel as a category and it was there.

Has anyone tried that use this specific offer yet for OBC? Also, if you buy OBC from Princess and don't use it all, does the remaining amount get refunded after the cruise?

This offer is for a statement credit, not on board credit.

Yes I completely understand that. What I asked was, has anyone tried to buy OBC instead of paying for a new cruise and had the offer work this time around? That did work with the $500 offer, but there seems to be more restrictions this time.

You can try buying a gift card & using that for OBC. It worked once for us, once it didn't trigger offer.

You can try buying a gift card & using that for OBC. It worked once for us, once it didn't trigger offer.

I added the offer last night then went to one of my already booked cruises and paid $750 towards amount due I got an email from amex saying “great news you just used your amer ex offer for $150 cash back at princess cruises”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The new offer is “Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $750+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 10/15/2018.” This is on my Blue Cash Card.

Here’s more information “Offer valid only for reservations booked between 09/05/18 and 10/15/18 with (1) Carnival Cruise Line at Carnival.com or phone 1-800-764-7419, (2) Holland America Line at Hollandamerica.com or phone 1-877-932-4259, (3) Princess Cruises at Princess.com or phone 1-800-774-6237.

It looks like it’s only for a NEW Reservation. What do other people think?

Tom

The new offer is “Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $750+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 10/15/2018.” This is on my Blue Cash Card.

Here’s more information “Offer valid only for reservations booked between 09/05/18 and 10/15/18 with (1) Carnival Cruise Line at Carnival.com or phone 1-800-764-7419, (2) Holland America Line at Hollandamerica.com or phone 1-877-932-4259, (3) Princess Cruises at Princess.com or phone 1-800-774-6237.

It looks like it’s only for a NEW Reservation. What do other people think?

Tom

I was able to get the offer by paying $750 of amount due on existing cruise (not new one)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, mrcliff! I had looked at my Amex offers the morning of Sept. 6th, just before I called my TA to book 2 cruises under the 3FF sale, so I'd know which credit card to use. The offer was not showing at that time.

I just now looked at the offers again, and there it was! I'll be able to use it on both my Amex card as well as DH's card, and who knows, maybe the offer comes up again before final on my second cruise, which won't be until Aug. 2019.

What a nice CC community we have, always looking out for others! [emoji175][emoji178][emoji175][emoji178]

Does anyone who has the gold delta Amex card see this as an available offer on their account?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not seeing it on the Delta Am Ex, did chat with them and they said offer does not go out to everyone. Last time it was offered I was able to "back door" load/add it.... Not working, so far , but not done trying....

Not seeing it on the Delta Am Ex, did chat with them and they said offer does not go out to everyone. Last time it was offered I was able to "back door" load/add it.... Not working, so far , but not done trying....

Thanks for the info. I was planning to call them tomorrow. Looks like I will have to see if the “back door” method works eventually. I have to pay for my cruise soon, so I’m not hopeful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums