What are your "Must Bring" items?

CrochetNCruisin

I bring a waterproof watch.

I don’t wear a watch in my normal life because I always have my phone, but I don’t carry my phone with me everywhere while on a cruise. If you are snorkeling somewhere, you don’t want to lose track of time and have to rush to return to the ship.

Something I like to do on every trip (or any vacation) is to get a post card of the ship or destination. I write the ship and sailing dates & my travel partners. Then the fun part is writing a one or two word phrase of the different things that happen while on the trip. Things like “bingo win”, “bridge tour”, “ice cream mustaches “, Barb’s noisy neighbor”, etc ....later my husband & I review the postcards and the phrases remind us of things that happened that we had forgotten and we have great memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like having zip lock bags in various sizes. The large ones are good for keeping liquids safe in my suitcase (we had a sunscreen explosion once - tsk - it wasn't good). Also good for putting wet bathing suits in if they aren't dry on disembarkation day. Smaller ones can be used to hold snacks. My dh separates the various currencies into separate snack bags.

Small travel fan that plugs into 110 outlet. The rooms never seem to get cool enough for me, and it helps in-room laundry dry.

Swiss army knife with cork screw.

Insulated coffee mug like you get at truck stops.

Small roll if duct tape to fix it if it's not supposed to move, but does. Small WD40 in case it 's supposed to move, but doesn't.

Mini leatherman tool.

Eyeglasses repair kit.

Credit card and passport

A snap-valet-tray for each nightstand, to keep things from slipping into the slots. Like this:

7178mww-djL._SL1500_.jpg

I got DH's from Magellan and mine on eBay, but Amazon has many as well. Be sure to read the size and determine if that is snapped or flat size. Some are barely big enough for pocket change!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=snap+valet+tray&crid=3TNC75HVQZY9P&sprefix=snap+valet+%2Caps%2C215&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11

Oh? I'll play along....

Patience; passport; air freshener, so much rich food and meat it's necessary; Bluetooth speaker, for light music on the balcony or in the cabin; headphones; cheap champagne, nothing like mimosas on the balcony on a sea day; nice wine, nothing like a nice bottle of wine before dinner; mini-library, in a week long cruise I'll go through two or three books easy; water bottle, those cups are way too small.

binoculars

tablet

downloaded netflix on tablet

cell phone because it is also my ereader

downloaded books from library on phone

reading glasses

if it fits in carry on suitcase, my downsized personal pillow otherwise I get a crick in the neck

ear plugs

Small electric clock with RED LEDs. It may not keep perfect time because of the ships electricity but it is a must bring. Also a 9 foot or so extension cord with multiple outlets (NOT a power strip)

Try a battery operated clock. Keep perfect time.

Air freshener for bathroom since no exhaust fan. Also battery operated nightlight for bathroom.

Our bathrooms have always had an exhaust.

For the night light, go to the dollar store and get some of the fake candles (battery operated). Typically 2 for $1. They will last a cruise. And can be used for ambiance for an evening in. With your wife, or the other wife you brought. :D