Has anyone here heard IF Carnival will jump on the 'Ban the plastic straw' bandwagon

SmoothFlying

Just curious.. My wife LOVES them with all cold beverages and if need be she'll purchase enough to last us on any further cruises on CCL or any other lines that have banned them IF they don't open our suitcases, remove them OR snatch 'em out of her hands !:rolleyes: Just wondering IF that time has already come and we didn't receive the memo:eek:

Mac

Just curious.. My wife LOVES them with all cold beverages and if need be she'll purchase enough to last us on any further cruises on CCL or any other lines that have banned them IF they don't open our suitcases, remove them OR snatch 'em out of her hands !:rolleyes: Just wondering IF that time has already come and we didn't receive the memo:eek:

Mac

Just off the Legend, they didn't give them out with the drinks, but I did ask for them and they gave them.

I somewhat remember reading that is the new policy...maybe a few months back?

I was on the Magic a couple weeks ago & it was hit or miss. Sometimes I was given a straw, sometimes not. I don't care about those little bar straws with spirits & soda say, but I do prefer a straw with the sugary type drinks & I was always given one if I asked.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8572

Carnival Cruise Line: The line has stopped placing plastic straws in glasses when drinks are ordered.

"We will no longer automatically serve any soda or cocktail (except frozen) with a plastic straw," Carnival's brand ambassador John Heald said on his Facebook page in April. "They will be provided by request. If you want one, please ask. Please support our efforts to limit the amount of plastic that can be found in the seas today."

I doubt they use enough straws to make a difference. All the free drinks are straw-free zones. They don't have them at dinner either. You pretty much need to spend $8 - $10 to get one.

You just have to ask, at the bar or at dinner, and they will give you one with whatever you order. Thats what we did

I doubt they use enough straws to make a difference. All the free drinks are straw-free zones. They don't have them at dinner either. You pretty much need to spend $8 - $10 to get one.

How many would that be? The attached (earlier) post said it well. You can get them if you want them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Dream in August. I brought my stainless steel straw. The only times I even wanted one was with frozen drinks, and those pretty much came with a plastic straw still. Non-frozen were served (mostly) straw-free. I never asked for one because I am on that band-wagon, but you will be given one if you ask.

Every little bit helps.

Yep. I don't think any cruise line has actually banned the use of plastic straws, they are limiting their use of them. I doubt they'd say anything if you brought your own. I am pretty sure that Carnival said they would still give out straws with the frozen drinks which is good because I can't imagine drinking them without one (although I'm sure I'd adjust if I had to).

Yep. I don't think any cruise line has actually banned the use of plastic straws, they are limiting their use of them. I doubt they'd say anything if you brought your own. I am pretty sure that Carnival said they would still give out straws with the frozen drinks which is good because I can't imagine drinking them without one (although I'm sure I'd adjust if I had to).
We were on the NCL Escape in July and they wouldn't give straws even when asked. We didn't order frozen drinks since it was such a pain to try to drink it without a straw.

We will be bringing our own straws on board now. ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app