After-cruise survey--just give us a 10 & press send!

constantcruiser

The way it works now and I would be shocked that the 'suits' aren't aware of the multiple requests from staff to passengers for 10's, it does not seem to me it is accurate feedback or worth anything. You would think Celebrity and other cruise lines would want honest feedback, but maybe not.....

Secondly, I would not punish staff for 8's and 9's on occasion. Sometimes the problem is US!

I can’t give a 10 to someone that asked or told me to do.

Sorry

Sorry

Does not seem fair, but obviously you can give any rating you wish.

Being given a lower rating because you asked for an ranking that was earned is not really a criteria for determine the rating IMO. Many times I have asked by companies to let them know if there is anything that they can do for me, so that they would warrant a high rating. Seems like a normal way to do business in competitive situations.

This survey appeared much less detailed than ones we have taken in the past, although the 1-10 ratings were the same. We thought it lumped far too many areas together.

I agree. My DH even said the same thing yesterday about adding comments. I have taken to writing a letter and sending via US Postal Service after each cruise to completely comment on our sailing. We usually get some type of response acknowledging receipt and letting us know they have read the letter.

How many people answer these surveys? In my next cruises I may not be able to answer all the surveys since I will be in B2B without internet package, I could check the last leg, but from 1st and 2nd I will not answer them unless they are valid when I get home.

Does it affect the employees that the surveys are not answered?

You really believe they read the comments? Several tears ago a cruise director mentioned that all they care about are the high ratings. No way do they have staff/time for the rest. Its there to make you feel good. Thus, the survey crafted to limit comments and generalize rating responses.

They do indeed read them. Can't say Celebrity specifically but on my last RCCL cruise I gave them an "ok" rating on dining however I commented that they couldn't properly cook a steak to save their lives. Always came well done. They responded immediately and added some credits on next cruise. Didn't expect nor look for it but here it was. Be honest. They can't fix what they don't know or understand.

Sorry

At the tour company I used to work for if it was found out that our tour guides were soliciting customers for an “Excellent” rating then they were terminated immediately. It was a question that was specifically asked on our post-trip surveys to customers.

I always find it uncomfortable when staff members onboard solicit positive ratings. I don’t think it’s a problem to ask for someone to fill out the survey but to solicit positive ratings is not cool, especially when it’s someone who gave you mediocre service. It’s only happened a couple times though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I told one Cruise Director up at the Elite Happy Hour when he alluded to getting high marks on the survey that I was in the process of preparing mine, but I couldn't figure out whether a$$hole was one word, two words, or hyphenated. :rolleyes:

Yes, I got the survey and found it about as much use as a chocolate teapot! As has been said, too many things lumped together. We had some great guest entertainers - and one who was terrible. Averaging the score gives a very inaccurate picture. The ports of calls questioned were not even the same for each port, so it was even harder to give meaningful feedback. I put as much as I could in the text boxes, even though my replies were not related to the question asked.

We did get a form to fill in partway through the trip but OH threw it away in error! I went to reception to ask for some more and was just given a sheet of notepaper - so I did my best to give praise where it was due (and it was due in many cases).

How many people answer these surveys? In my next cruises I may not be able to answer all the surveys since I will be in B2B without internet package, I could check the last leg, but from 1st and 2nd I will not answer them unless they are valid when I get home.

Does it affect the employees that the surveys are not answered?

B2B guests receive free access to answer the survey for the first leg; just check with the Celebrity staff at the iLOUNGE.

Years ago, we used to always fill out the hard copy surveys given us towards the end of the cruise. We could give detailed feedback, and had a good opportunity to write in our opinion of what could be improved. IMHO Celebrity no longer cares what you think as long as they keep filling their ships. The survey seems like a way to gather "at a boy" quotes to put in their advertisements.

I am particularly leery of their reasoning for no longer handing out manual forms - save the ocean. Really??? If you cared about saving the ocean by not printing forms, then I guess I would not be finding advertisements on my bed every night when I return - often multiple! How hypocritical. Save the ocean? Baloney!

We do take advantage of the 'how are we doing' forms that they have available. We have used these for both issues where we wanted to make sure our exact comments got to the appropriate person, and also often for compliments of staff members going above and beyond (which we know get through as they often thank us for the kind words)

I must add here that I encountered something similar to this from my auto dealer service department...

I did not rate them at all, but left a comment to the effect that "I do not appreciate being coached on what rating I need to give for a sporadic interaction and one, in this case, was not of my choosing. I know and understand how to rate a service after it has been rendered."

The service manager called to apologize and the staff has been asked to not interact with me on this level again.... LOL

bon voyage

I must add here that I encountered something similar to this from my auto dealer service department...

I did not rate them at all, but left a comment to the effect that "I do not appreciate being coached on what rating I need to give for a sporadic interaction and one, in this case, was not of my choosing. I know and understand how to rate a service after it has been rendered."

The service manager called to apologize and the staff has been asked to not interact with me on this level again.... LOL

bon voyage

I hate filling out those auto dealer service surveys also, but unfortunately, dealerships, like cruise ships, use these surveys to reward their employees. My son runs the shop for a major Chevy dealership in the DC area, and he told me that a small portion of his commission is based on the survey results.

I hate filling out those auto dealer service surveys also, but unfortunately, dealerships, like cruise ships, use these surveys to reward their employees. My son runs the shop for a major Chevy dealership in the DC area, and he told me that a small portion of his commission is based on the survey results.

I understand for sure and empathize with employees who have to undergo this type of situation....

My issue is the coaching, constantly about giving them a 10. If something went wrong during the service delivery, there is not too much they can do to recover, in my view point.. can they make it right? Of course, yet I will still rate on the original experience and state that they made it right..

There has to be a 'better' way to get ratings for employees and service.. maybe it needs to be done randomly so employees do not know who gets them or on which aspects of the service delivery...???

Or just changing the metrics up so there is no certainty on the employees part as to how we rate? There has to be a modern day approach out there for rating service and employees...

bon voyage

Not about a survey, but I recently emailed Celebrity about the quality of their internet service I experienced on a cruise in May (comparing it to the internet aboard a Royal Caribbean ship in a very recent cruise I took) and I received a phone call from Celebrity just a few days later! The customer service representative was very polite and understanding and promised to pass on my comments to her higher ups. She also asked me for any other feedback I had.

This simple call will likely keep me sailing with Celebrity for years to come. I quit cruising with Regent a number of years ago because they failed to respond to a major complaint I wrote about on a post-cruise survey with them.

I returned from my cruise on 23rd September and waited for the survey to turn up so I could forward my comments. I know it needs to be completed within 7 days. After 5 days and no sign of the survey (and I checked 'junk' folder) I contacted Celebrity Post Cruise Relations by email about the omission. Their response the next day was:

I am so sorry to hear that you are yet to receive your survey, unfortunately I am unable to send you the link for the survey as we do not have access to this as this is created by a third party company,

The following day I received a further email from Celebrity and I did smile:

At Celebrity Cruises,your opinion about the experience you have with our Post Cruise Customer Relations Team is a key component of our commitment to continuous improvement.And as such, we invite you to take a short survey regarding your most recent interaction with Natalie from the Post Cruise Customer Relations Team.This confidential survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.

So I had a survey to complete concerning how they dealt with the my query about the lack of a survey!! :confused: