Advise for B2B change over day

Happychappie

What do you do about extra-tipping after the 1st week if you are not changing cabins? If we want to give our room steward an extra tip, do you do that after each week....or wait til the end of your cruise?

Also, if you choose MDR for dinner, do you stay at the same table for both weeks, or are you re-assigned?

What do you do about extra-tipping after the 1st week if you are not changing cabins? If we want to give our room steward an extra tip, do you do that after each week....or wait til the end of your cruise?

Also, if you choose MDR for dinner, do you stay at the same table for both weeks, or are you re-assigned?

Personal choice on the tipping. When we use to do TD we sometimes were asked by the Maitre D if we would like the same table for the second leg. We've also asked if we could keep the same table and were accommodated. We've also requested a certain table for the second leg and were accommodated. We've also done this with MTD on our B2B cruises. We always have a table for two.

Edited by davekathy

• 2 months later...

Up coming b2b was doing the online check in early and they have really changed how you do it...never had to pick a time this past April when I did it.  I wasn't expecting the upload a picture!  I didn't get to say print luggage tags so will check back on that and see how far out they will start having you print them.

21 minutes ago, sj25 said:

Up coming b2b was doing the online check in early and they have really changed how you do it...never had to pick a time this past April when I did it.  I wasn't expecting the upload a picture!  I didn't get to say print luggage tags so will check back on that and see how far out they will start having you print them.

Not all ship require you to pick a time or upload your picture. I just completed our online check-in for the first leg of our B2B cruise on the Freedom.  No time and pictures required. Luggage tags will be available to print approximately 45 days prior to your sail date. 

Edited by davekathy

3 minutes ago, sj25 said:

Thanks...I was just surprised in how much it had changed it will not even let me go in and do the second part. 

Do you mean the online check-in process for the second leg of your B2B cruise? If so you can only do the online check-in no sooner that 90 days prior to your sail date. 

7 minutes ago, sj25 said:

It is with in the 90 days and yes the second leg will not let me do it right now.

I've experienced the same in the past and waited about 30 to 45 minutes. Magically RCs wonderful website allowed me to proceed with the check-in for the second leg. 

i do not think we have ever had to do a checkin for anything but the first leg. BTW, we have had a number of issues with the credit cards not always carrying over. If you have access, you can check with the concierge or guest services to see if that has happened.

20 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

i do not think we have ever had to do a checkin for anything but the first leg. BTW, we have had a number of issues with the credit cards not always carrying over. If you have access, you can check with the concierge or guest services to see if that has happened.

I have always checked in for all cruises.  NEVER skipped a B2B.

And credit cards are not "supposed to" carry over.  As everyone will tell you, each one is a separate cruise with its own account.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

And credit cards are not "supposed to" carry over.  As everyone will tell you, each one is a separate cruise with its own account.

Agree, do at least 2 a yr B2B or B2B2B last 7 yrs, just getting off one Friday and my Card has never carried over. They requested after we got back on go to gust services in next few days to scan/rescan card

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I do the same and agree. I'll even print the Setsail passes for the second leg. Just in case. 

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I do the same and agree. I'll even print the Setsail passes for the second leg. Just in case. 

Plus, the ability to print a SetSail pass confirms that Royal thinks you are paid in full.  If there's been some payment snafu on cruise #2, one might miss that if they didn't try to print the SetSail pass.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 5:07 AM, audome78 said:

One tip : check with guest relations on about day 4 of the first week to make sure they show you as consecutive cruiser. Otherwise, you will not receive the letter regarding the changeover process. We have done multiple b2b and you would be surprised how often, despite checking on online correctly, and verifying everything with RCI before we sailed, the ship did not show us as b2b.

Just confirming while onboard during week 1 saves a lot of hassle.

Enjoy!

Just curios if we should notify anyone in advance of sailing?

We booked directly thru Royal Caribbean (did not use a travel agent)  and booked the same cabin for back to back Mariner sailings next month.Once on board, I planed to go down to guest relations & make them aware that we are consecutive cruisers.

But I was just wondering if there is any way to notify them in advance? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sunshine_Barbie said:

Just curios if we should notify anyone in advance of sailing?

We booked directly thru Royal Caribbean (did not use a travel agent)  and booked the same cabin for back to back Mariner sailings next month.Once on board, I planed to go down to guest relations & make them aware that we are consecutive cruisers.

But I was just wondering if there is any way to notify them in advance? Thanks!

You can "link" cruises as a B2B pre-cruise by contacting whoever booked your cruise.  However, this tends to make Royal's website even less functional (if that's possible), so I'd advise against it.  Just tell them at Guest Services early in the first cruise.