Exchange Pinnacle dinner for Tamarind?

SFO Peter

Has anyone ever exchanged a free Pinnacle dinner for a Tamarind dinner? We are non meat eaters sailing November and would like to do exchange. On WC 2018 segment on Amsterdam where they had "Tamarind like" dinners occasionally at Pinnacle one staff at Pinnacle check in said no can do. Pinnacle dinners cost more than Tamarind last time I looked.

Peter

Is that going to be on a ship with a dedicated Tamarind restaurant, or just a pop-up Tamarind dinner on one of the other ships? I know we once traded a Pinnacle dinner for a Pinnacle lunch, which is cheaper, so I don't know why they would complain, as long as it is not the "pop-up" which might be accounted for differently.

Thanks for reply. We are sailing on Eurodam which has a dedicated Tamarind restaurant on November.

Peter

I envy you! :D

PS I think I would go to the Tamarind, and ask the maitre d' there if you can trade - he might be able to organize it for you.

You did not originally mention this is your five star free Mainer dinner. i thoguht it v might be a TA gift seeing you did not say.

They may or may no allow the switfch Good luck

FYI, Pinnaclde serves some very nic fish dishes.s Read the menu and see if it appelas to you. I'm not surer you know they do not only serve beef. I particularly like their salmon. Though I do eat beef.

There are vegetarian dishes at the Pinnacle Grill, there was a Winter Squash Risotto when I went. It was okay. Frankly, I make a better one at home.

If the meal is a Travel Agent "gift." I would see if you could get a shipboard credit for the Pinnacle Grill meal and then just book a meal at Tamarind. If it's a 5* Mariner or Explore 4 Perk, I would ask at the Front Desk and/or with the Maitre D's in both the Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind about switching the meals over.

This is the five star perk of two free Pinnacle dinners which we hope to switch to Tamarind.

Will go see Tamarind Manager. Thanks to all for your replies.

Peter

From a common sense, logical point of view, they should be willing to do it since the Tamarind is cheaper than the Pinnacle but things are not always logical ;)

Thinking about this you might need to talk to the Front Desk too (the infamous night auditor will need to reimburse you).

I hope they allow it and it works out for you. Do let us know please when you get back from your cruise. It will definitely be helpful to others.

Good luck (yn)

I think your best bet is to start at the Pinnacle Grill and ask them. If that doesn't work, try the concierge or the front desk. When we switched ours, we had to go to the PG first. It's also a good idea because they may have automatically assigned a time to you.

Has anyone ever exchanged a free Pinnacle dinner for a Tamarind dinner? We are non meat eaters sailing November and would like to do exchange. On WC 2018 segment on Amsterdam where they had "Tamarind like" dinners occasionally at Pinnacle one staff at Pinnacle check in said no can do. Pinnacle dinners cost more than Tamarind last time I looked.

Peter

One of our friends tried to switch their PG dinner to a PG lunch, and were told "NO". But you have nothing to lose by trying to make the switch to a Tamarind dinner, right?

Seeing Pinnacle price of dinner is higher than lunch, that makes no sense. :D

It may not be the price difference, but the demand. The Pinnacle Grill is not open every day for lunch, which limits the already limited spaces even more. If demand for Pinnacle Grill lunches is high enough, why would the cruise line lose the money from a paying diner in favor of a complimentary meal which costs the cruise?

It may not be the price difference, but the demand. The Pinnacle Grill is not open every day for lunch, which limits the already limited spaces even more. If demand for Pinnacle Grill lunches is high enough, why would the cruise line lose the money from a paying diner in favor of a complimentary meal which costs the cruise?

I must be missing something here. PG dinners can be in high demand too. We are talking 5* benefit here which is a free dinner so why wouldn't it make sense for them to substitute the lunch for dinner if someone wanted (and assuming there was availability). A complimentary dinner is much more expensive than a lunch:confused:

I must be missing something here. PG dinners can be in high demand too. We are talking 5* benefit here which is a free dinner so why wouldn't it make sense for them to substitute the lunch for dinner if someone wanted (and assuming there was availability). A complimentary dinner is much more expensive than a lunch:confused:

On the cruises I've been on, the Pinnacle Grill was never booked out for dinner, and in fact, most nights when I passed, it was practically empty all night. I've never seen more than 8 tables occupied at once for dinner. But lunch was incredibly popular. There was always a waiting list in the hopes someone would cancel lunch in the Pinnacle Grill. So the demand for lunches in the Pinnacle Grill has always, in my experience, been much greater than the demand for dinners. In which case, I can see why the ship would say no to the switch from lunch to dinner, even with the price difference between the two meals.