Luminea Dress Code

rollie

Just wondering, I have some nice Hawaiian shirts and assorted polo shirts. Will I be ok with dress slacks and these shirts? My DW is also concerned as to what will be acceptable for her. It's our first time in a suite and we want to dress accordingly.

Take a look at the dozens and dozens of posts on this, as well as the Celebrity website, and you’ll see that a collared shirt and slacks are fine. No shorts, no beachwear, no ball caps.

I have actually seen 2 out of the three of those in Luminae. The only one I have not seen is the beachwear.

I was on a charter saw ball caps and shorts and one fellow took off his shoes during dinner, last March on summit .

I've never seen anyone with a baseball cap. My husband leaves his in the cabin before we head to Luminae for lunch. For dinner he wears long pants and a long sleeve shirt, will often roll up the sleeves. I'm sorry you had to see someone's feet at dinner, shoes are mandatory, everyone knows this.

On my most recent cruise on Reflection in April there was someone in shorts in Luminae at dinner one night and a couple that showed up every night with sloppy sweatshirts, sneakers, etc. It didn’t disturb my vacation but it stood out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband wears a Tommy Bahama shirt most nights and a pair of pants. Evening chic he often will wear a sport jacket and a dress shirt. Don't worry what you wear as long as you are comfortable but not sloppy dressed.

Pat

My experience in Luminae (Summit only) is that people dress just like they were eating in the Main Dining Room. Ladies wear casual pants/tops, dresses and men wear collared shirts (i.e., golf shirt) and khaki pants. I've also seen some men in "dress" pants with a button down shirt opened at the collar and occasionally a sports jacket on chic nights. In the evening no shorts, flip flops, etc. but other than that I would say the dress tends to be casual but neat.

Just wondering, I have some nice Hawaiian shirts and assorted polo shirts. Will I be ok with dress slacks and these shirts? My DW is also concerned as to what will be acceptable for her. It's our first time in a suite and we want to dress accordingly.

You'll be fine. For a number of years I traveled to Honolulu for work and Aloha shirts were a required part of my "business" wardrobe, so accumulated a nice collection of Tori Richard shirts. Cruises are about the only time i get to wear them now, so most nights in Luminea that's what I have on if it's a tropical cruise; i go a bit more subdued when in the Med.

Have a great trip.

Dinner in Luminae is always smart casual, including Chic Nights.

At breakfast and lunch, you can wear shorts. My DH has been asked to remove his baseball hat at those meals.

Great to hear. We will be cruising to Alaska next July and first time in Luminae. We don't want to overpack. This will work out just fine for us. :)

Great to hear. We will be cruising to Alaska next July and first time in Luminae. We don't want to overpack. This will work out just fine for us. :)

Our Celebrity Alaskan cruise was the most casual of any of our cruises (all Celebrity). Much more casual than Caribbean or Med cruises. We dined in Luminae and saw people wearing most everything (lots of jeans) except the Maitre'd did tell the gentleman wearing shorts on the first night that they were not allowed for the rest of the cruise. We saw no ball caps.

Hawaiian shirts on an Alaska cruise? Sounds like an odd choice. Folks wore polo shirts on our Alaska cruise in Luminae and we didn’t see any Tropical Prints but you could start a new fashion trend in Alaska.

I always feel that people in Luminae have always dressed just a little bit nicer for dinner! I always feel like it’s nice to see people looking as they took an extra minute to get ready for dinner and not just showing up in whatever they’re wearing that afternoon! We did the Panama Canal in April and found that many dressed nice every night DH always wore pants and either longsleeve shirt or nice short sleeve shirt. We think of going out to dinner as an event and not just eating a meal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no separate dress code for suite passengers. In every cabin category, there are some passengers who like to dress up and some who don't.

You will be fine wearing what you have described, and as for your wife, just about any kind of dress or pants outfit that she likes and enjoys wearing is what she should wear.

The nice thing about Celebrity cruises is that those who wish to dress up may certainly do so, while those who don't want to dress up have no need to do so.

When they eliminated formal nights several years ago, they let us know that they want everyone to be happy and feel comfortable.

The way the staff described the change to us at the time, the goal was for people to express their individuality, not for everyone to dress alike.

Since we and our travel companions cruise in a range of different types of accommodations on different cruises, we have observed that people in Luminae dress much the same as they do in the main dining room, or in Blu, or in the specialty restaurants.

There is such a wide range of dress seen in the evenings on Celebrity ships that nobody should feel out of place.

But we have observed that people tend to dress more casually on Alaska or Caribbean itineraries than they do on European itineraries.

The passenger nationality mix can make a difference, as in general it appears that Europeans like to dress up more than Americans or Aussies do, for example.

I would say that if you like to attract attention, stand out and be noticed, dress at one extreme or the other, but if you just want to blend in, dress anywhere in the middle and you will be fine.

There is no separate dress code for suite passengers. In every cabin category, there are some passengers who like to dress up and some who don't.

You will be fine wearing what you have described, and as for your wife, just about any kind of dress or pants outfit that she likes and enjoys wearing is what she should wear.

The nice thing about Celebrity cruises is that those who wish to dress up may certainly do so, while those who don't want to dress up have no need to do so.

When they eliminated formal nights several years ago, they let us know that they want everyone to be happy and feel comfortable.

The way the staff described the change to us at the time, the goal was for people to express their individuality, not for everyone to dress alike.

Since we and our travel companions cruise in a range of different types of accommodations on different cruises, we have observed that people in Luminae dress much the same as they do in the main dining room, or in Blu, or in the specialty restaurants.

There is such a wide range of dress seen in the evenings on Celebrity ships that nobody should feel out of place.

But we have observed that people tend to dress more casually on Alaska or Caribbean itineraries than they do on European itineraries.

The passenger nationality mix can make a difference, as in general it appears that Europeans like to dress up more than Americans or Aussies do, for example.

I would say that if you like to attract attention, stand out and be noticed, dress at one extreme or the other, but if you just want to blend in, dress anywhere in the middle and you will be fine.

[/quote

Thanks for you well written reply.

Rollie

Hawaiian shirts on an Alaska cruise? Sounds like an odd choice. Folks wore polo shirts on our Alaska cruise in Luminae and we didn’t see any Tropical Prints but you could start a new fashion trend in Alaska.

We’ve been to Alaska 5-6 times, DH always has Tommy Bahama or similar shirts in his rotation of dinner wear. He has never been the only one making such a fashion statement :rolleyes: