How to spend OBC ???

caymancouple

IF you are on Marina or Riviera, book a dinner in La Reserve.  Even if you don't drink, the experience, ambience, and people you meet are to be savored.  Also, on these 2 ships you could book a class in the culinary center.  After class, purchase the apron!  And then there are the shoppes.  

Katie

You don't say which ship or what the itinerary is. Consider ship excursions in small ports where there may be few private guides available, where the situation on shore is problematic, or where the time ashore is tight. 

We were especially happy with ship excursions in Vietnam, for example, where traffic conditions can make timing return to the ship challenging. 

I also found the gift shop a good choice to spend some of that money if all else fails. Nice purses and jewelry. Prices ok and tax free. And then there is the ship laundry service, which I considered a luxury until I tried it.

Mary

When we have extra OBC towards the end of the cruise, we go to the shop and buy standard items that cost far more on the ship, but then again we aren't paying for them.  I mean aspirin, chocolates, etc.  On occasion I've purchased an expensive purse or even a suitcase.  (Not a big one!)  Actually, on our last two cruises (Marina and Riviera) we bought very nice carry-on bags for a reasonable price for the quality.

You can also look at watches, and such.  I used to love to buy $10 watches which were always available but recently they have NOT been.  But on a cruise a year or so ago I bought a couple of watches that I never would have bought on board if it weren't for the OBC.

It's much easier when you drink to use up that OBC!  No, I'm not encouraging you to do so.  But on occasion we bought some expensive wines at dinner that we would NEVER had bought if we were really paying for them ...

There is refundable OBC (usually from your TA) and non-refundable OBC from the ship.  If you are doing your own port tours (which we usually do as well) and don't drink, it can be hard to find a way to spend that OBC.

Unless you'd like a massage or a pedicure!  Or other spa treatment ...

Hope you figure out what will work for you!

Mura

The first thing we do when deciding what to spend OBC on is to determine how much of it is refundable. Then, once onboard, we launder our nonrefundable OBC into refundable by going to the Destination Services desk and rebookng enough of our prebooked O excursions to convert it to refundable. Then, it’s a nobrainer as any OBC we have left, which is usually the majority of it, at the end of the cruise we can cash out and take home with us.

7 minutes ago, juliet said:

If your tips are NOT included, can you use the OBC from Oceania towards them?  Not talking about any additional tips at the end of the journey.  

Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lais said:

Watches, sunglasses, makeup, clothing, perfume, purses, shore excursions, virgin Pina Coladas. You will find lots of ways to spend it.   Enjoy!

Psst those virgin PC ‘s are included. No need to pay for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We also had $800 OBC and gratuities paid on our Sept Insignia cruise. We bought perfume for moi, aftershave for Hubbie and a bottle for part of our eldest grandson’s Christmas, a globe of the world for our younger grandson’s Christmas, rings, expensive bottle of Moët In speciality restaurant, happy hour cocktails. 

You could have a massage, visit the hairdresser, have nails painted, buy jewellery, buy Christmas presents.............don’t worry you’ll manage to spend it. 😂 

4 minutes ago, JoAnnaBullhead said:

Try the specialty restaurants. Buy gifts for upcoming birthdays, weddings etc. Watches, perfume. Souvenirs...

Use the credits instead of your money by buying excursions onboard.

There is  no charge for the Specialty restaurants  other than La Reserve