Can you get shots with the Deluxe Beverage Package?

11 minutes ago, robin13 said:

So can I ask for a extra shot of rum with my frozen drink?  I tried this on Carnival with my drink package and they said I would have to pay for it.  I said no thanks and ordered a glass of wine.

They appear to not have a problem giving people doubles.

5 hours ago, robin13 said:

So can I ask for a extra shot of rum with my frozen drink?  I tried this on Carnival with my drink package and they said I would have to pay for it.  I said no thanks and ordered a glass of wine.

My wife has asked for and received two shots of tequila for her margaritas.   

Will they give you a double shot with the drink package? Last ship, Liberty,  they would only allow a single shot and then had to wait "10 minutes" to get another. Said that it would be about the amount of time to reach another bar. Told them that was ridiculous.

On 10/24/2018 at 6:49 AM, Jj343434jj said:

My wife found it. All it is, is vodka, kahlua, white creme de cacao, and bailey's Irish creme. Seems like stuff they would have. Was just wondering if they would make it with the package but thanks for your wonderful insight. 

Sounds like 4 shots which would be a drink at that point.

11 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Please stop posting with this font, please 😲

Have you posted your complaints/issues you are having reading different font styles and sizes on the CC IT problem thread?  If you haven't please do so. They need to fix their problem. 

Edited by davekathy

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Have you posted your complaints/issues you are having reading different font styles and sizes on the CC IT problem thread?  If you haven't please do so. They need to fix their problem. 

I think the issue is you are using a cursive font and it’s very thin. Not sure CC could “fix” that as it’s the font you have chosen. It’s a pretty font but it makes it hard to read your comments which could in the end add to miscommunication.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

1 hour ago, CruisinUngs said:

I think the issue is you are using a cursive font and it’s very thin. Not sure CC could “fix” that as it’s the font you have chosen. It’s a pretty font but it makes it hard to read your comments which could in the end add to miscommunication.

You see a cursive font in davekathy's post?  I see something bold and larger than the default!  (It's much larger than yours for example.)

Edited to add: oh, I just saw that davekathy's post is edited.  apparently that propagates to the spots where it is quoted!

Edited by Atlantix2000

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

This font is fine when using a laptop but when on my phone or tablet it is skinny and very cursive. 

17 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

I’ve walked to a different bar with my drink and asked for an extra shot, no problem.

Excellent!  The only time I drink frozen drinks is when I'm at the pool so hopefully I won't have to walk to far.

3 hours ago, CruisinUngs said:

Your assumption is incorrect. I'm using the font style Comic Scans as an option provided by CC on the reply screen.  Not sure what you are seeing but it sounds like a fancy cursive font. Not what I using! BTW Comic Scans is the font I used prior to the CC upgrade. Obviously the device you are using is not compatible with the recent upgrade and you should report it to the CC gurus. Now back to our regularly scheduled program. 

2 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

This font is fine when using a laptop but when on my phone or tablet it is skinny and very cursive. 

Have you reported your problem to the CC IT gurus? Obviously your other devices are not compatible with the latest upgrade.  

Edited by davekathy

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, robin13 said:

I had this same problem on carnival. paid for the extra shot for my wife since she doesn't drink much but when she does she wants to know it! went to another bar and explained this to the bartender and was told to order her daiquiri and ask for a bubble on it, that was only an extra 2 bucks as opposed to the $7 for an extra shot. that was only possible with out the beverage package. they wont do it with the package.

3 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

It sounds like the problem is that your phone or tablet doesn't have a good equivalent for that font so it's defaulting to one that is skinny and cursive.  Because the font looks like comic sans to me, larger, a bit bolder, and definitely not cursive.

I'm not sure if you can install a font on your phone, it probably depends on the browser you're using and the Operating System.  But it might be worth posing the question to the Cruise Critic help forum.  They should think about providing a user "profile" whereby all entries are forced into a font/style that works best for the reader instead of defaulting to the poster's style, if that makes sense?

I hope I helped somewhat.  I'm a programmer and know how hard it is to provide a seamless experience on all the various platforms out there, but they should still consider providing something that eases the way for others, especially in light of ADA issues.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:41 AM, gatour said:

I found this recipe.  Except for the crushed oreo cookies I see no reason why they couldn't make it.  All of the ingredients are pretty standard bar stock.  As Bob the package will cover it up to 12 dollars.  If they price it higher you pay the difference plus 18 percent.

Oreo Cookie – 2 shots or 1 cocktail.

3/4 ounce Vodka.

3/4 ounce Coffee Liqueur.

3/4 ounce Crème de Cacao.

3/4 ounce Irish Cream.

Oreo Cooke Garnish.

Dip rims of two shot glasses coffee liqueur then dip rims in crushed oreo cookies

if I leave out the Oreo it almost sounds like a plain ole' White Russian

I'm not a straight-up shot person; however, on my recent Anthem cruise out of Newark (May 2018) not one bartender would serve me a cocktail as a  "double".  Then to add  more annoyance was the fact that the booze poured was specifically measured out. I prefer a stronger drink and drink it more slowly than something on the weak side which I drink faster and get more full.  

On 10/26/2018 at 3:10 PM, davekathy said:

Your assumption is incorrect. I'm using the font style Comic Scans as an option provided by CC on the reply screen.  Not sure what you are seeing but it sounds like a fancy cursive font. Not what I using! BTW Comic Scans is the font I used prior to the CC upgrade. Obviously the device you are using is not compatible with the recent upgrade and you should report it to the CC gurus. Now back to our regularly scheduled program. 

Ah I have been proven wrong which i never mind. 🙂

Oh CC.... 

Getting to know the bartenders goes a long ways, along with small additional tipping. I bring $50-60 in one dollar bills and hand one folded under my SeaPass card with each drink order. The result is a rarely have to sign a receipt, and have never been up-charged for more expensive drinks.

Most bartenders are very personable and will talk with you when they aren't slammed with orders.