Ideas for B2B’ers on turn around day in Fort Lauderdale

Crown Vic

Go to the beach, head to Las Olas and  do a little shopping & have lunch, ride the water taxi, hopping off to explore when you see an interesting spot, book a tour to the Everglades .  Lots of options or you can stay on the ship and relax.

• Like 1

If you haven't seen Ft. Lauderdale by water taxi, and the weather cooperates, it is a great way to spend those hours just enjoying the many interesting sites viewed best by water taxi.

• Like 1

Keep in mind, depending on when you sail your time may be limited.  By the time you have your turn-around meeting it is almost time for the next group of passengers to board.  And then you need to be onboard yourself in time.  So there really is not all that much time.  We often just stay onboard.  If you are determined to get off and do something, I believe you can arrange to leave the ship earlier than the turn-around meeting time, but as I've never done it I'm a little vague on the details so I would check with Guest Relations on that.

19 hours ago, 39august said:

Where is the closest water taxi stop, please?

I am almost sure it is adjacent to the car park at the Hilton Marina and you can see this hotel from almost any berth at Port Everglades.  We have taken a gentle walk a few times down to it. Its a very scenic journey for not much money.  As you haven't mentioned any date, I am assuming that Terminal 25 (brand new and opening very shortly) will be your berth

The Bonnet House is beautiful...just a quick cab ride from the port...one block in from the beach.  We spent a couple of hours there on Easter Sunday.  First the tour and then we wandered the gardens.  It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

3 hours ago, lola2013 said:

The Bonnet House is beautiful...just a quick cab ride from the port...one block in from the beach.  We spent a couple of hours there on Easter Sunday.  First the tour and then we wandered the gardens.  It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

I second this idea - it was a huge surprise to us - never expected it to be so interesting

Grab an Uber or Taxi and go to Hollywood Beach. Rent some bicycles or a surrey which seats four and ride along the boardwalk all the way to North Miami Beach and back. The problem with the water taxi idea is that when you get off at a stop it can be an hour or more until the next water taxi comes along.

I agree with Phoenix that there is not as much free time as you might think. To me one of the  joys of a B2B is relaxing while watching everyone else scramble off and then on the ship on turnaround day.  

If you choose not to go out and explore, know that there is free wifi in the terminals, so at minimum, you can stretch your legs off the ship and check in with those at home for free.