Increase in Specialty Restaurant Package Prices

NantahalaCruiser

Has anyone else seen price increases on Specialty Restaurant Package Prices?

I booked a 4-dinner package on Reflection 9/6/19 for $125pp back in early September. But today, I happened to see in my Vacation Planner that the prices are now:

3-Dinner $129pp

4-Dinner $149pp

5-Dinner $182pp

Note that the average price per dinner is now less for the 5-Dinner while the 4-Dinner used to have a lower price per dinner.

Is this perhaps a precursor to specialty restaurant nightly price increases?

Darn... I looked at the prices last week, but because we're on Equinox after the dry dock, I was trying to find out if there would be any changes to the specialty restaurants before I booked a package.  I don't think we will book one now.  It's our first sailing on X so might as well try the included venues, and maybe add a specialty if there is a sale on board.

This is not totally accurate. The 3 and 4.night packages ARE available. Some have posted this, but it appears that the advance sales of 3 and 4 nights are sold out on some cruises. I checked our cruise and they are still being sold. 

I think they've gotten way too high in price to justify that cost!! Remember when they did Ultimate pkg at $29 p/p per day included specialty lunches at Murano and Tuscan  along with unlimited at the Porch and Bistro on 5. That was a great deal!! We've actually grown a bit tired of their menu offerings, been the same for years. Guess we'll be saving our $$ on our upcoming cruise on the Silhouette

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 8:50 AM, cruisetimeforme said:

I think they've gotten way too high in price to justify that cost!! Remember when they did Ultimate pkg at $29 p/p per day included specialty lunches at Murano and Tuscan  along with unlimited at the Porch and Bistro on 5. That was a great deal!! We've actually grown a bit tired of their menu offerings, been the same for years. Guess we'll be saving our $$ on our upcoming cruise on the Silhouette

I agree...they are really overpricing (especially on a per restaurant basis) but guess it will not stop until or unless they see a drastic decrease in usage.  The price for Le Petit Chef seems especially ridiculous based on such a limited menu.  Our travel group typically bought a 4 night package but just not worth it.  Will take advantage of the first night discount but the MDR will be just fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2018 at 8:32 AM, RICCruisers said:

This is not totally accurate. The 3 and 4.night packages ARE available. Some have posted this, but it appears that the advance sales of 3 and 4 nights are sold out on some cruises. I checked our cruise and they are still being sold. 

I was referring to our 1/13 sailing.  

4 hours ago, blueboro said:

I agree...they are really overpricing (especially on a per restaurant basis) but guess it will not stop until or unless they see a drastic decrease in usage.  The price for Le Petit Chef seems especially ridiculous based on such a limited menu.  Our travel group typically bought a 4 night package but just not worth it.  Will take advantage of the first night discount but the MDR will be just fine.

I agree that is what they typically do as they stair step the pricing.  We have enjoyed most of our speciality dining, but are not planning to use on our next cruise depending if we sail M class or S class.  No desire to sail Edge right now.

• Like 1

It only makes sense that Celebrity would raise their prices.  The economy is good, and Celebrity is building several new ships;  someone has to pay for all of this.  This affords us all the opportunitites to say nay or yay to certain higher prices.  What we say inturn affects how Celebrity adjusts prices up and down.  However, right now we are seeing an uptrun in many things to find the opportunity cost for its patrons and newbies alike.  Of course, this is just my opinion on what is happening...whatever goes up must come down and vice versa...

Edited by Lastdance

I bought our first-ever dining package on the Equinox  this past September only to discover that the food in the MBR was excellent. Oh, well, Murano and Tuscan were worth the price

Edited by BosoxI
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed the price increase.  Fairly significant as it seems the Lawn Club Grill has gone from $30 to $45 (a 50% increase).  I used to look at the specialty restaurant prices as being a good deal - now, not so much.  I'll still eat at them, but not as frequently as I used to. Has anyone noticed any drop off in specialty restaurant attendance since these price increases went into effect?

6 hours ago, mnocket said:

I just noticed the price increase.  Fairly significant as it seems the Lawn Club Grill has gone from $30 to $45 (a 50% increase).  I used to look at the specialty restaurant prices as being a good deal - now, not so much.  I'll still eat at them, but not as frequently as I used to. Has anyone noticed any drop off in specialty restaurant attendance since these price increases went into effect?

The regular price for LCG has been $45 since mid-2017 or earlier. You may be looking at the difference between the Cruise Planner pre-cruise prices of $30 for first night and $45 for all other nights. Or perhaps with the $30 price for The Porch.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

12 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

The regular price for LCG has been $45 since mid-2017 or earlier. You may be looking at the difference between the Cruise Planner pre-cruise prices of $30 for first night and $45 for all other nights. Or perhaps with the $30 price for The Porch.

I was comparing it to the prices on my April'17 Reflection TA.  I also sailed the Equinox in Oct'17 and if the prices went up I wasn't aware of it.  As I said in post - I just noticed the price increase.  I was looking at Cruise Planner for my upcoming April'19 Reflection cruise and was looking forward to a return to the Lawn Club Grill and I saw the 50% increase in price.

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

I was comparing it to the prices on my April'17 Reflection TA.  I also sailed the Equinox in Oct'17 and if the prices went up I wasn't aware of it.  As I said in post - I just noticed the price increase.  I was looking at Cruise Planner for my upcoming April'19 Reflection cruise and was looking forward to a return to the Lawn Club Grill and I saw the 50% increase in price.

i was on the Silhouette in Jan 2017 and the LCG was $45.  The Equinox does not have the LCG.  I am hoping it is added after dry dock. and the glass show goes away. 

We have been fans of the Lawn Club since we first dined there in 2014 on Silhouette and it has always been $45/pp except on the first night when it was 30% off.  If it is not well booked, you can get a discount later in the cruise as high as 50%.

On 11/6/2018 at 1:40 AM, NantahalaCruiser said:

Has anyone else seen price increases on Specialty Restaurant Package Prices?

I booked a 4-dinner package on Reflection 9/6/19 for $125pp back in early September. But today, I happened to see in my Vacation Planner that the prices are now:

3-Dinner $129pp

4-Dinner $149pp

5-Dinner $182pp

Note that the average price per dinner is now less for the 5-Dinner while the 4-Dinner used to have a lower price per dinner.

Is this perhaps a precursor to specialty restaurant nightly price increases?

The price of excursions has also gone up significantly.  We booked a couple very early for our cruise next year and we paid less then they are today with the 30% off promo.  

Not sure the dinners were worth the old? prices.  I guess as long as folks are willing to pay the higher prices....prices will go up.  In our experience, the only restaurant that was fully booked on a cruise was Murano.  I doubt the higher prices will inspire more to try those restaurants...but celebrity must believe that those who eat there don't really care that much about price....after all, it's a vacation when you splurge.

Time will tell....

Just off the Silhouette.  We did not reserve specialty packages ahead of time, but found they were almost begging people to book on board.  

The 3 meal package was priced at $129 but offered to us at $110.  Instead we booked individually on three different nights by talking to the people outside of the buffet who were selling meals. 

By doing this individually we were able to enjoy three specialty restaurants for $85 pp.  We ate atTuscany, Murano and La Petite Chef.  All great meals and we were able to easily find a time available either the same day or the next day--we are flexible with time.

I realize this may not always work since sometimes I suppose the specialties are more highly booked, but it sure worked for us.  We found the MDR meals to be underwhelming.

Here are the package prices for my cruise next week on Silhouette:

8 nts..........265 pp

9 nts..........299 pp      more than 10 nights

10 nts........265 pp      same as 8 nights

11 nts........353 pp      or $88 pp for one extra meal.

Can anyone explain?

explanation:  Because this is Celebrity where the unexpected is expected.....and errors on the web site are the norm not the exception.

If you are interested, book the 10 night package and see what happens..... 

I noticed a two night and one lunch package.  

Is this new?  If not new, what is the normal price?

With the current special discount it is listed on my cruise at $100 pp.

thank you.

Edited by jagoffee

7 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Just off the Silhouette.  We did not reserve specialty packages ahead of time, but found they were almost begging people to book on board.  

Good, let them beg! I hope nobody books at their new ridiculous pricing. Those who do are simply suckers..... Teach them a lesson that their empty specialty restaurants are a result of their own greed. Remember, you pay for your MDR meals in your cruise price PLUS the cost of the specialty dining prices which means not a  good deal by any means. 

11 hours ago, signman said:

Here are the package prices for my cruise next week on Silhouette:

8 nts..........265 pp

9 nts..........299 pp      more than 10 nights

10 nts........265 pp      same as 8 nights

11 nts........353 pp      or $88 pp for one extra meal.

Can anyone explain?

The 10 nts should be $331

4 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Good, let them beg! I hope nobody books at their new ridiculous pricing. Those who do are simply suckers..... Teach them a lesson that their empty specialty restaurants are a result of their own greed. Remember, you pay for your MDR meals in your cruise price PLUS the cost of the specialty dining prices which means not a  good deal by any means. 

I agree, the regular prices are ridiculous.  We had lots of OBC to use up, so it worked for us.  We still only did three.  Haven't been on Celebrity for four years or so and the main dining room menus were not that appealing to us anymore.  Lots of nights we had trouble figuring out what to order, especially appetizers.