Tamarind on Eurodam

mcrcruiser

IMHO, Tamarind is the best specialty restaurant on any HAL ship. I would pay more, but $25 is a bargain. I wish it was on the Noordam for our cruise next year. The wasabi crusted tenderloin was so much better than any steak in the PG. On the N. Amsterdam our meal in Tamarind the last night of the cruise was one of the best Asian meals I have every had and I have traveled extensively in China and Japan. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

IMHO, Tamarind is the best specialty restaurant on any HAL ship. I would pay more, but $25 is a bargain. I wish it was on the Noordam for our cruise next year. The wasabi crusted tenderloin was so much better than any steak in the PG. On the N. Amsterdam our meal in Tamarind the last night of the cruise was one of the best Asian meals I have every had and I have traveled extensively in China and Japan. 

👍👍👍  Agree 100%!

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

If you want to dine in the Tamarind, book early, it is not a large venue and due to its growing popularity it can be difficult to reserve during the cruise.

I wonder if this depends on the hour chosen to dine at the Tamarind - on the Nieuw Amsterdam for 8pm there were very few diners and one entire half of the large two sided restaurant was empty on both nights. We thought it was sad so much space was dedicated to this nice dining option, and so few people were using it.

Edited by OlsSalt

• 5 months later...

You won't be disappointed, we dined 3 times there on our last cruise.  I love the service, food, atmosphere, and if you enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail make sure you give yourself time to sit in the bar area and enjoy a special cocktail.  They have a very unique  drink menu that you won't find in the other bars.  

We liked the area so much we went up there for our pre-dinner cocktail before going to dinner in the MDR a few times.  It's got a real good vibe... 

We did book from home for our reservations as I wanted specific times and dates and didn't want to be disappointed.

• Like 1

Also, we found the Tamarind Bar, just forward of the restaurant on the Eurodam to be quiet, peaceful, and usually very unoccupied.   Plus you have great views,  much different that Pinnacle or Ocean bar.

• Like 1