Pacific Princess Questions

Italy52

15 hours ago, Sailor Taylor said:

I am also looking at this sailing.   What do you think of the deck 6 obstructed ocean view cabins?  Would you recommend them?  W

Some have partially unobstructed views and some are fully obstructed. See  https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/ocean-pacific-princess/cabins-6035--6049  for what many of the view are.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Doug, thanks a lot for the information, I appreciate it very much.  From the pictures that I have seen, it looks like one of the old Renaissance cruise ships --- do you know if this is true? 

Yes, as were the former Ocean Princess (previously named Tahitian Princess) and the former Royal Princess.

The Pacific was the R-3. The Ocean was the R-4.  The Royal was the R-8.

Thank you all very much for your comments, I appreciate them very much.  I have been doing a lot of homework and searching and my decision is now between this new itinerary and a new itinerary for Holland America.  Have a nice Thanksgiving all.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, Italy52 said:

Thank you.  Have you ever been to Alaska?  If so, do you think the Pacific Princess would be a good option for Alaska?

We have already signed up for one of her cruises.  She is a fabulous little ship and will really be able to get into some of those ports.  We did Alaska about 20 years ago on the Sky and are looking forward to seeing it again on our favorite ships.

She is going into dry dock next year, so hopefully all the cabins will see the improvements that we noted in the suites.

After a lot of thought, we have decided to take a 14-day Alaska cruise on HAL -- new itinerary with lots of ports that we enjoy as well as some new ones for us.  If the Princess itinerary continues in the future, we might give it a go.  Again, thanks for all your responses, I appreciate it.

I just got off the Pacific Princess last week. It is a wonderful ship and nothing is far from your cabin.  The buffet was great and there is an area where you can eat outside that is spectacular. Because there are only 670 passengers the staff is very attentive. I was on the 7th floor and only two floors from the buffet and two floors from the main dining room. We never took the elevators which were not busy anyway.

I was never bothered by the smokers who smoke on the open deck on nine. Actually I passed that area everyday and saw only a handful.  

My opinion is that I would pay the extra money and get a balcony. It is worth it 100%. We had breakfast everyday on our balcony as well as a glass of wine before dinner and loved it.  

On 11/16/2018 at 3:46 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Well it just gets better and better. The QM2 has the Commodore Club and a gorgeous library with forward facing vista views. Loved it there and I will love it on PP too. Many thanks!

Another vote for that forward library on the QM2.  Spent many days there sailing into the (freezing cold) sunshine. 

Last May we sailed the Pacific Princess and loved it.  We were also on Deck 7–so convenient!  

The best thing I can say about the buffet is that it is small.  I loved being able to choose my food without wandering in and out of hallways.  The variety was decent, and the adjacent outdoor tables were our favorite place for breakfast and lunch.

we are  Early.”anytime dining “ people, but the maitre D was lovely and found the perfect assigned dining table with  very neat dinner companions for us.  

The area where the shows take place has armchair seating.  Go early to the left side and visibility is pretty good from anywhere.

This would be a wonderful ship for Alaska.

23 hours ago, Spikesgirl said:

We have already signed up for one of her cruises.  She is a fabulous little ship and will really be able to get into some of those ports.  We did Alaska about 20 years ago on the Sky and are looking forward to seeing it again on our favorite ships.

She is going into dry dock next year, so hopefully all the cabins will see the improvements that we noted in the suites.

She went into dry dock in June of 2017 and at that time all cabins were updated. We sailed on her for 51 days this year and loved the changes in the cabins. Much brighter and fresher.

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

She went into dry dock in June of 2017 and at that time all cabins were updated. We sailed on her for 51 days this year and loved the changes in the cabins. Much brighter and fresher.

We sailed on her just before she had her refurbishment in 2017.  This time they are pulling her out of the water to take care of some structural things or so one of the engineer officers told us.  I do agree that she looks great.  Now if they would only replace the faded images in the buffet...

We are currently on the Pacific Princess. Smoking is allowed and frequently is done on the Promenade Deck (5) outside the aft doors in the starboard side. This area is frequently used by officers who are smokers. Passengers tend to use Deck 9 starboard just forward of the pool area. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

5 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We are currently on the Pacific Princess. Smoking is allowed and frequently is done on the Promenade Deck (5) outside the aft doors in the starboard side. This area is frequently used by officers who are smokers. Passengers tend to use Deck 9 starboard just forward of the pool area. 

Hi Jeannie!

How long are you on board?

We are on the Christmas/New Years cruise again.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2018 at 1:41 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thank you very much for the detailed information. We booked her for 16 days in May 2020 LA to Vancouver with RT Vancouver Alaska. I’ll stay on the port side on deck five and use my balcony or the front balcony by the spa. 

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone eaten in the buffet for dinner?  We are booked on a late sitting and I hate to eat late, so I want to know my options for dinner at the buffet.  Do they have a make your own salad bar or just prepared salads?

I sailed Pacific Princess in 2014 - 10 Day Tahiti cruise and indeed she is a perfect size ship for great itineraries. If I recall correctly the buffet wasn't that big but crowding was not an issue. There is also a bar at the buffet. And I can't recall if salads are make your own or pre-made. sorry.

Edited by Georgie562

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2018 at 10:09 AM, mreasier said:

Another beautiful location is the forward facing Pacific Lounge towards the bow on Deck 10.  Great location with inclement weather.  Imagine, a forward facing lounge.  Too bad Princess didn't consider something like that on the Royal Class ships

That forward facing lounge is something I really liked on the old Regal Princess. Yes, too bad they did away with that on the newer ships.

1 hour ago, Just4funn said:

I have a question about a specific room on the Pacific Princess.  It is a oceanview on deck 4 room 4033.  Is it habitable or does it have lots of noise and vibration?

I was in 4027; quiet - No vibrations.

We just booked this cruise after seeing the great itinerary.  We've sailed B2B a number of times on the Coral because it's such a wonderful experience, but the opportunity to visit new locations over 12 days is terrific and we still had 2 FCCs burning a hole in our pockets so we had to pounce.  We didn't check out the ship until after we booked and are even more excited now (looks like a covered /enclosed balcony, which is an unexpected perk and ideal for Alaska).  Heard the Pacific Princess was a big favorite for many cruisers, so have put this in ink on the calendar (though we did purchase the insurance just in case... grrrr).  Thanks everyone who has contributed to this thread - it really helps!

Another question.  We are sailing on the Pacific Princess June 12 out of Fort Lauderdale on an 18 day cruise to London.  How many formal nights will there be?  Also, there are lots of sea days, what is available on the ship to while the time away?