slippers in balcony cabins

CH_ca

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question. I've had hotel supplied slippers before (they looked new) but never had slippers supplied on cruises. Does anyone know if the slippers provided in the balcony staterooms are new? Bath robes and towels seem slightly acceptable to use if sanitized. The image of wearing slippers worn by other feet somehow irks me but the idea of not needing to pack extra slippers is appealing!

New slippers.  Not all of them are comfortable.  They provided terribly rough cloth or paper over thin cardboard for our last year's TA in a sky suite   The slippers would have torn the skin on my feet immediately if I had put them on.  This year's were better.  I always bring my own.

5 minutes ago, CEOofVacation said:

New slippers.  Not all of them are comfortable.  They provided terribly rough cloth or paper over thin cardboard for our last year's TA in a sky suite   The slippers would have torn the skin on my feet immediately if I had put them on.  This year's were better.  I always bring my own.

They are typical spa slippers...basically one size, but okay  for the shower if you have not brought your own...

1 hour ago, CH_ca said:

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question. I've had hotel supplied slippers before (they looked new) but never had slippers supplied on cruises. Does anyone know if the slippers provided in the balcony staterooms are new? Bath robes and towels seem slightly acceptable to use if sanitized. The image of wearing slippers worn by other feet somehow irks me but the idea of not needing to pack extra slippers is appealing!

Wait a minute. Back up. What do you mean "Bath robes and towels seem slightly acceptable to use if sanitized." You do realize these all go through the same laundry that your bed sheets and table linens are cleaned in, right? Either the supplied linens are acceptable, or they're not and you bring all of them with you from home for the duration of your trip. I've seen some slippers that are obviously disposable, and others that are meant to be washed and reused. I prefer to just wear my flip flops in the cabin or hotel.

• Like 2

The slippers we received in a RS on this transatlantic will not fit my husband’s size 13 feet.    They are okay for my size 8.    Definitely not reusable as they are too flimsy to wash.    

You don’t need slippers..., encountered a man this morning in the elevator barefoot and without robe.   He was wearing only a towel and was dripping water.  

I don't like the supplied slippers so if I feel the need I just wear some socks or flip flops.   I have found that the cruise lines' slippers are rough and uncomfortable.  We have had them in every cabin - well all the ones we've stayed in - regular balcony, CC, AQ, SS, and CS.  We didn't like the ones on Azamara much either.  Sometimes they're kind of hidden in a drawer or at the top back of the closet or in the desk, or somewhere in the bathroom.  Its been interesting to see where they put them.  

1 hour ago, ClaudiaB said:

I don't like the supplied slippers so if I feel the need I just wear some socks or flip flops.   I have found that the cruise lines' slippers are rough and uncomfortable.  We have had them in every cabin - well all the ones we've stayed in - regular balcony, CC, AQ, SS, and CS.  We didn't like the ones on Azamara much either.  Sometimes they're kind of hidden in a drawer or at the top back of the closet or in the desk, or somewhere in the bathroom.  Its been interesting to see where they put them.  

We had the horribly rough and thin ones last year on Reflection on a TA.  Those were unfit for any use except straight into the trash.  This year on Reflection we had the terry cloth material with thicker soles ones which I am used to, which are often provided in high end hotels and international/long distance business class flights.

Edited by CEOofVacation

My wife and I were on B2B 4-night cruises on the Infinity starting October 24.  For the first half, we were in an A2 Aqua Class room and there were slippers supplied but they were rough and uncomfortable.  They were also open in both the front and the back.  For the second half, we were in an S1 Sky Suite because our Celebrity Move-Up bid was accepted.  The slippers in the suite were much better.  Those were open in the back only and were very comfortable.

However, both sets of slippers were obviously new and packaged in plastic.  The attendants told us that they were complimentary and that we were welcome to keep them so we actually brought the second set of slippers home with us.  By the way, bathrobes were also supplied in both rooms but those were not new and were only for use during the cruise.

Edited by actuarian

Thank you all for your input! :) I guess I will still bring my own slippers just in case! Please don't mind my silly hygiene freak syndrome! To be honest, I'm not totally comfortable using their towels and linens either. Just something I have to put up with if I want to travel. Too impractical to bring personal linens along!

6 hours ago, CH_ca said:

Thank you all for your input! 🙂 I guess I will still bring my own slippers just in case! Please don't mind my silly hygiene freak syndrome! To be honest, I'm not totally comfortable using their towels and linens either. Just something I have to put up with if I want to travel. Too impractical to bring personal linens along!

Just a suggestion, but if you have time on a sea day, and don't mind spending the money, you might consider taking the "behind the scenes" tour.  While the whole tour is pretty awesome for any cruise-nut, I was bowled over by the  visit to the laundry and the various processes they have in place. Seeing it in action might make you rest a little less uncomfortably!

happy travels!!

• Like 1

We've only seen slippers in Aqua Class and above. Those times they were the very flat, terry cloth slippers in a one-size-fits-almost-no-one-well variety. They were new, not scratchy, sealed in plastic. They were too small for DH and too big for me. While I could manage to hobble around the cabin if I shuffle-walked, I found it much better to use my own flip flops.