double C and A points for solo travelers?

gepgelmik

Hello all,

Just completed my third sailing with RCI. Went solo in a regular balcony room and got 7 C and A points when I had hoped for 14. The first time I sailed in this type of room on a 10 night sailing I got 20 points. Has the policy changed? I can't find anything on the website.

If it makes any difference, I initially got an inside studio for this sailing and then changed to balcony when the price dropped.

Edited by gepgelmik

I sail solo and my points have always been automatic. Never had to call. Perhaps someone could chip in and explain , but I thought solo cabins (like you originally booked) didn’t get double points. Not sure about when you changed to a balcony as you probably still paid the rate you had for the solo cabin and thus didn’t get the points. Worth a call to ask. 

6 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

I sail solo and my points have always been automatic. Never had to call. Perhaps someone could chip in and explain , but I thought solo cabins (like you originally booked) didn’t get double points. Not sure about when you changed to a balcony as you probably still paid the rate you had for the solo cabin and thus didn’t get the points. Worth a call to ask. 

A solo guest will receive an extra point per night if they book a stateroom that normally holds two or more.

• Like 1

Most of the time the double (or triple for solo suite) are automatic.  1/3 of the time I have to call.  It's easy to do.  Just call them and explain, they'll call resolutions and get it adjusted.  No hassles.  

Studio cabins do not get double points.  When you upgraded was it to a studio balcony or a 'normal' double occupancy balcony?  

Edited by twangster

Thanks for all the replies!  I'm waiting to hear back from RCI.

I upgraded to a regular balcony, not a studio balcony.

Maybe "upgrade" is a poor choice of word. I changed to a regular, double occupancy (or more) balcony and had to pay a single supplement for the room.

Edited by gepgelmik
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gepgelmik said:

Maybe "upgrade" is a poor choice of word. I changed to a regular, double occupancy (or more) balcony and had to pay a single supplement for the room.

Then you should get the extra point per night.  Call C&A if that does not happen automatically.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gepgelmik said:

Just call  -  800-526-9723

• Like 1

My last 3 cruises, my TA had to call for the double points. It showed up immediately after she called. I don’t know why some solo travels get the points without a call and others have to call. They should have a program that can figure that out. But, then again, that would take a knowledgeable IT dept. and we know how that is.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

My last 3 cruises, my TA had to call for the double points. It showed up immediately after she called. I don’t know why some solo travels get the points without a call and others have to call. They should have a program that can figure that out. But, then again, that would take a knowledgeable IT dept. and we know how that is.

I'm sure it's just a matter of a person at RC checking the right box, and sometimes it doesn't get checked.  😕 

There is a special code that is suppose to be placed on the reservation that will kick in the extra points for solos. Sometimes the code is not noted.

I always got my points automatically until my last cruise. A simple call and it was fixed immediately. While I was on the phone the rep checked my future reservations to see that they were coded correctly. He said everything's good to go.

• Like 1

My first one I had to call. The last three that happened this Sept/Oct they all posted correctly. I also went from a studio inside on the Brilliance to a regular cabin, and was awarded the double points. 

They will fix it.. just give them a ring.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

There is nothing on royal's website about this, in 2019 do we still get double solo credit?

It's there but buried and hard to find.  While the link below dated is June 2018 no further updates have been posted or word that double solo points have so far been eliminated.  Until I hear otherwise I'm assuming my 10 booked cruises will yield double solo points.

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_JUNE-2018.pdf

In the fine print, item 14:

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category including reduced rate upgrades. Allow up to 30 days from the date of debarkation for Cruise Points to post to your account. Requests to add missing Cruise Points may be submitted up to 12 months after the debarkation date of your sailing.

2 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Your so right, just like MSC's so good at showing me at Black status, with three cruises, now shows me back at blue.  Whats up with these cruise lines, my banks and credit card companies, are 100 limes better, at online tech?

You have to cruise once every 3 years with MSC to maintain the Black status, If you are Black due to loyalty match.  This “match” can only happen once; and they now only match Diamond to Silver as of October 2018. 

Edited by little britain

• 3 months later...
On 11/18/2018 at 3:33 PM, twangster said:

Most of the time the double (or triple for solo suite) are automatic.  1/3 of the time I have to call.  It's easy to do.  Just call them and explain, they'll call resolutions and get it adjusted.  No hassles.  

Studio cabins do not get double points.  When you upgraded was it to a studio balcony or a 'normal' double occupancy balcony?  

Alas I just called RCCL and was told that they do not give double points to solo travelers.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gardenbug22 said:

Alas I just called RCCL and was told that they do not give double points to solo travelers.  

Call Crown & Anchor, not the general RCI number.  800-526-9723.

Don't ask, just say "I was supposed to receive double C&A for being solo on this cruise booking #12345678" .

C&A will put you on hold while another department fixes it, as long as you did not sail in a studio cabin.

Edited by twangster

5 minutes ago, gardenbug22 said:

If you book a studio cabin it is correct that you do not get double points but for all regular cabins you get 2 points per night and for being solo in a suite you get 3 points per night

16 minutes ago, little britain said:

If you book a studio cabin it is correct that you do not get double points but for all regular cabins you get 2 points per night and for being solo in a suite you get 3 points per night

thanks little Britain I was getting myself incensed!

Edited by Judyrem
bad spelling.
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gardenbug22 said:

Just returned from 9 nights solo on the Navigator in a balcony cabin. Received double points - posted automatically to my C&A account.   Perhaps when you called the response was relative to a solo cabin; no double points for a solo cabin.  

• Like 1