"Who has posted?"

Merion_Mom

34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Difficult to read. Darken the font. 

What you were seeing possibly looked like a cursive style font. But the font style was Comic San and font size was 18 point. Not cursive. It's not difficult to read on a laptop. You just made my case for using a laptop when posting on CC and not an iPhone.  No matter the font style or the size of the font it's always readable. But I do get it that no matter the device someone uses there shouldn't be the issues some are now experiencing. This is why I now elect to use the default font style and size. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

This is a form of social media

Yes, true. I type "social media" because I am not allowed allowed to type "Face Book"

ooops! it's this  new CC portal......it read my mind and typed by itself.:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 1

I think they may have adapted the site to still keep people coming, but made it bad enough to lessen how much you are here.  I might look in twice a day to see if anything good is happening on my iPad or iPhone.  Right now I am on my Mac.  Views seem to be way down, and when you look at RC Main Boards the first page in current and the second page was last posted on 24 hours ago.  Before the switch the first three pages would be less than 12 hours old.  To me that goes to show the drop in discussions and intern the drop in viewing.  

On a side note, I don't remember ads on the App; which makes me think that is why the App is now gone.  I have also noticed at times on TripAdvisor, at least for me, they have links to direct posts on CC.  That never happened before the web page switch.  Not sure if that is a fluke or not.🤔  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Yes, true. I type "social media" because I am not allowed allowed to type "Face Book"

ooops! it's this  new CC portal......it read my mind and typed by itself.:classic_biggrin:

I believe the FB rules are misunderstood.   I think the only objection is linking to FB groups and other posts about cruising.

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think they may have adapted the site to still keep people coming, but made it bad enough to lessen how much you are here.  I might look in twice a day to see if anything good is happening on my iPad or iPhone.  Right now I am on my Mac.  Views seem to be way down, and when you look at RC Main Boards the first page in current and the second page was last posted on 24 hours ago.  Before the switch the first three pages would be less than 12 hours old.  To me that goes to show the drop in discussions and intern the drop in viewing.  

On a side note, I don't remember ads on the App; which makes me think that is why the App is now gone.  I have also noticed at times on TripAdvisor, at least for me, they have links to direct posts on CC.  That never happened before the web page switch.  Not sure if that is a fluke or not.🤔  

There were ads on the Tapatalk app. I dont see any on mobile web now.  

On 11/24/2018 at 10:07 PM, PCWalton1 said:

John do you really like it this much or are you just being your usual irritating self of countering whatever anyone says. 🤣 😈 👹 (taking advantage of those stupid emoji)

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner chicken dinner.

:classic_love:

jc

On 11/25/2018 at 8:03 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Who uses a laptop these days when just about everything else can be done from the phone?

Not long ago I probably would have disagreed with you but I do find myself just using my phone more and more including using CC. However, there are some things that I still find much easier to do on a laptop. One of those activities is shopping for cruises.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:58 AM, island lady said:

Cons: Miss the "back to top" button that used to be at the bottom of the page of the old site... 

I still get that button using my phone. If I scroll up just a bit the button appears at the bottom of the screen. On a laptop if you turn off "number lock" and tap the "home" button it brings you to the top of the page... not quite as convenient as just having a button to click on.

Hello

What I am missing is being able to see whether there are any new postings on any of my Roll Calls under 'Manage Followed Content'. I'm told when I last visited which is useful giving my advancing 'ga-ga-ness', but having got email notification turned off I want to know which roll call deserves my attention.

Regards,

Cublet

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It looks nice but hard to read on my android.

I don't use the Comic Sans MS font since the new update. I guess it's not readable on the different devices.  I only used it to make a point to Milwaukee Eight.

Edited by davekathy

On 11/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, davekathy said:

Buy a laptop. 😜 BTW, if that's your Springer, nice bike. 

I have both a PC laptop and MacBook Pro as well as an iMac. Just not convenient as my cell phone. 

Was my bike. Estate sale in KY my uncle found. He sent it to me. Took me 5 years to restore. Sold it for $40k back in 2008. 38EL lettered by Harley. Thanks 

• Like 1