Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

2 hours ago, kearney said:

So sorry, I am guilty.... thanks for the info.

Also guilty and apologies to Host Anne. :classic_blush: Because I couldn’t link to the exact photo I screenshot to assist others but will cease and desist! 

Thank you VT for all the images and reports. Much appreciated. 

My question on chairs... is not comfort exactly, but how easily someone with bad knees can get out of the chair... if there are no arms. Our first cruise was the first post surgery and where DH needed a cane, I was surprised how many people came up to us and ask if he had knee replacement... they either had or were contemplating it. It occurred to me how many people had hip and knee problems. There was quite a bit of discussion about the difficulty finding comfortable... (meaning easy to get in and out of) chairs in some areas of S class ship.. martini bar lounge area, pool area etc comes to mind... dining room and Ocean view cafe fine... traditional dining chairs not fancy no arm low deep chairs. It is just hard to watch him struggle to use a cane and try to get out of a chair that is low... and I hate to have to go around scouting chairs. It won't be an issue this trip since I got him to agree to a scooter... but it would be nice if he could sit in a chair vs on the scooter.

Jsea and kearney ~ you're awesome....thanks for understanding. I try to explain things when I can!

And one more sincere thanks to VT for her continued posting of photos, answering questions, etc.  I think we ALL owe you drinks on a future cruise!  😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted by I Am the Sea previously:

"To add to Host Anne's comments.  When replying/quoting post, could everyone try not to re-post the photos that have already been shown.  Just backspace them to delete off of your reply.  It gets annoying having to scan through the same photos over and over again. Makes the thread longer than it needs to be and harder to read new post. "

I  agree but sometimes  I  have a hard time getting rid of all the repeated extras etc that  the Cruise Critic  program adds in without my asking...Don't even know where they come from  at times.  Sometimes the backspacing or  blocking to delete  gets defeated,..

But I definitely do agree, this is a good suggestion and  I am sure we all want to make this fabulous thread run smoothly! I wish it could go on forever!

50 minutes ago, kearney said:

Host Anne --- CC has changed some... if I want to edit a past post... not sure how to do that. I did attach the same images on another thread and wanted to remove and replace with links...but can't seem to figure out quite where to go to do this.. any suggestions?

Thanks for the note, Kearney.  Do you recall the name of the other thread?  I'll try to find them if you recall the thread title.

47 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Hi Marilyn, have you tried opening the cabin door with the window open? Wondering if there is any wind tunnel affect like on other ships while at sea.

Tx

Great question! 

And I'd also like to know if the small, hand held, make-up mirrors are still in the staterooms?  We have them in AQ on the other class ships.  Hair dryers?  It's a shame that the top drawer, next to the pull out make-up table, is non-operable.  That means everything will get placed on top of the dresser.  

If anyone needs help, please email me and I'll do my best to get things taken care of.  So we don't mess up this wonderful thread, I'm going to hide the back and forth comments on photo posting since you've all acknowledged the request and have been so helpful!  

Note that you should see an EDIT option at the bottom of your text that allows you to edit your post.  I just don't know how long you have to do the edit.  You can always email me for help.

• Thanks 1

Hi Marilyn, sitting on the 8th floor of the Hilton Marina Tower overlooking Terminal 25 with an S class ship sitting there. We (Ccod and Oville) can’t wait to see the Edge in the morning and especially meeting you after muster with Mr Edge and others from our roll call.

I have been following your posts and am really enjoying them.  We’ve been tied up with in-laws all weekend so had no time to post.

Katie

image.jpg

Edited by Oville

VT quick question. When studying the deck plan... I assumed that the ramp for Eden was an actual ramp... but the B roll video looks like there are stairs here and there. I am wondering if you can use a scooter on the ramp or if you need to use the elevator... that would be a shame... thanks

59 minutes ago, Oville said:

Hi Marilyn, sitting on the 8th floor of the Hilton Marina Tower overlooking Terminal 25 with an S class ship sitting there. We (Ccod and Oville) can’t wait to see the Edge in the morning and especially meeting you after muster with Mr Edge and others from our roll call.

I have been following your posts and am really enjoying them.  We’ve been tied up with in-laws all weekend so had no time to post.

Katie

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Katie

image.jpg

Can’t wait to meet you all. I’m in the thermal suite now on a heated tile bed. Feels great! I was on my feet much of the day touring cabins and suites. They are all beautiful!! Totally amazing ship. I just found where the penguin went - I’m looking at him. 

541ED0B7-CDA0-45C8-BE2D-FE53DE81DB25.thumb.jpeg.510351d9dcc37c08064e5835e74b9c61.jpeg

So so many things yet to discover!! 😀

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kearney said:

VT quick question. When studying the deck plan... I assumed that the ramp for Eden was an actual ramp... but the B roll video looks like there are stairs here and there. I am wondering if you can use a scooter on the ramp or if you need to use the elevator... that would be a shame... thanks

I will go back and look at that. So many alcoves and twists and turns in that place!😀

i think i have your scooter situation figured out for the cabin. I’ll post later. 😊

Edited by vtcruising

4 hours ago, Denny01 said:

VTCruiser - on a number of threads, there have been more than a few comments made by posters looking just at photos and saying how uncomforetable the lounges, chairs, sofas, etc are. I always get a kick out of such strong opinons. You may have already commented on this and I missed it, but can you give us your opinon based on actually sitting, and laying on a lounge if X put uncomfortable seats on the Edge because they look nice but are unusable please. 

Den

I haven’t found a chair I didn’t like so far. The sofas in our cabin is a bit low so some may have trouble getting up. I haven’t had time to sit on it!!🙃 I’ll try more chairs out the next few days, I hope!!

Eating  in Cyprus tonight. All the restaurants had little bites and an alcoholic beverage to taste today. Delicious!! The MDRs are absolutely gorgeous and chairs look great. Plenty of space as far as I could see. Even my DH was impressed with their beauty!

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Marilyn,

i hope you can stay on the ship for turnaround. 

Yes they said we would go to Destination Gateway and get new card, etc. Wayan will move us. Easy peasy and up to the Retreat until the crowds arrive!!😀

See you tomorrow!!

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NJtraveler said:

Hi VT,

Does the shade only cover the exterior glass. I like to site on the balcony while my wife sleeps but I dont think that can be done in the IV rooms, can it? Were going Dec 16.

Thank you

That’s true though my husband slept through me out there with lights on - it is a downside to the IVs I think- they will probably do curtains some day.

VT,  you are such an amazing resource. Thanks for all you do. DW and I will be boarding the Edge tomorrow and staying in a C2. Do you think we will be able to get on at 10:30 or do we have to wait until 11:30? Also, is there an electrical outlet near the head of the bed. I think I have read yes but would appreciate confirmation and be able to ditch my CPAP extension cords in the car.

Hopefully we will meet you tomorrow on the RTG and thank you in person. In the meantime please continue to have a great time.

7 minutes ago, ccod said:

Also, is there an electrical outlet near the head of the bed. I think I have read yes but would appreciate confirmation and be able to ditch my CPAP extension cords in the car.

Just in case Vt is already out dancing the night away, I can answer this. Yes, there is. See post #174 for photo. I think it’s the fourth or fifth photo in that post.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Yes they said we would go to Destination Gateway and get new card, etc. Wayan will move us. Easy peasy and up to the Retreat until the crowds arrive!!😀

See you tomorrow!!

I just love to hear those words.  Can't wait to board the Edge!