Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

5 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

Bo, you nailed it!  🌟  We will all thank Lorenzo when we see him!

Marilyn, I hope you are feeling better today, and that leaving the beautiful Edge will not be even a bigger trauma than your other one (don't want to dwell on it, you know).  Just remember that you will be back on Saturday, and all will be well.  :classic_love:  Enjoy your time in Ft. Lauderdale, and I am sorry the weather is so cold.  Hopefully it will warm up soon, so you can enjoy it more.

Speaking of seeing someone....

Marilyn, you have not mentioned Valentina.  Have you found her, or did I miss the posting about her?  

Have a great day and stay safe!

~Barbara~

It was a little traumatic to leave, but I think I might rest better at the Hilton... I can't get enough Edge! Actually, t has warmed up nicely - we were out on the balcony in the 75 degree sun! Feels so good!

I dropped the ball on Valentina due to my drama. I will touch base with her over the weekend, I hope. Can't wait to meet her!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

here is a pic of the back of TV.  I will fix it up before I put it in the review. There is a way to use Apple AirPlay on the TV also; but I didn’t have the time to play with it. 

10C273CF-CA9B-41C0-B94C-94B804F6660E.jpeg

Thanks, Mike! With all the pictures you took, I should have known the back of the TV would be included. 😉

23 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

My DH and Oville's DH looked in the back of our TV last night - there were USB ports, speaker plug ins and HDMI, audio appeared to be there - sorry I was going to take a picture. It was weird because the TV pulled out to rotate toward the bed on one side only and the plugs were on the other side so more difficult to get to (TV fixed on that side). I'll take pictures of the plug ins and of it rotated toward bed as someone else wanted. I was able to pull it out quite far. 🙂

In our Concierge IV the tv was fixed to the wall on both sides.

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

VT we need to tell Celebrity to come to this thread to pull more info off of it to develop detailed Q&A for their customer service reps.   Because of your efforts and others on these early mini cruises.... we all know more than most. Much may seem unimportant to some... but very helpful to others.

It was funny to go to the cabin viewings and have to advise the people in there acting as hosts about the cabins. The one in the S3 yesterday swore up and down that my midship S1 balcony was 163 sq ft because the info sheet says it. I said that I had measured it this morning and it was 75 sq ft, but that the aft S1 was 163 sq ft. They are giving people wrong info, but hopefully will have it together eventually.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

here is a pic of the back of TV.  I will fix it up before I put it in the review. There is a way to use Apple AirPlay on the TV also; but I didn’t have the time to play with it. 

10C273CF-CA9B-41C0-B94C-94B804F6660E.jpeg

Thank you very much. I have one question. Did the remote allow you to change the input? In the past, we have been unable to change input on the TV to access the HDMI port or the USB ports. I thought X had advertise that we could, but I just want to make sure before we lug a Playstation all the way to Florida.  🙂 

1 minute ago, Oville said:

Interesting, I wondered if the S1 was able to rotate on one side due to the head of the bed being so far from the TV (bed facing ocean)? Did you give it a good yank? Mine didn't move at first. A lot of things were sticky and new (closets, cupboards, drawers, sliding doors seemed harder to move, but had that new car smell. :classic_smile:

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

Interesting, I wondered if the S1 was able to rotate on one side due to the head of the bed being so far from the TV (bed facing ocean)? Did you give it a good yank? Mine didn't move at first. A lot of things were sticky and new (closets, cupboards, drawers, sliding doors seemed harder to move, but had that new car smell. :classic_smile:

Jeff gave it a mighty try, it wasn’t swinging anywhere.  Our tv was directly across from the bed.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I used my printed one but I saw others doing it.

The facial recognition is a bit off - it recognized me with all by bandages and bruises, but not my DH. 🙂

That is because you are The Edgie in the household!

bon voyage

• Like 1

You are famous!  And we love you!  Thanks for everything you are doing for us!  *hugs*

My phone has facial recognition, and it knew me yesterday with my sunglasses on, which were not on me when I scanned for it during setup.  I guess these things just know.

Rest today, Super Edgie!  You have earned it!  Enjoy your dinner at 15th Street Fisheries.  If you can, could you let me know (after you get home to VT is ok) how it was?  I recall that you seemed familiar with the place, but things can change, you know.  I found it online and want to try it on the 18th of December when I go over for my Nieuw Statendam cruise.  Thanks!

Enjoy your days off duty, even if you are not onboard.  :classic_wink:

33 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

It was a little traumatic to leave, but I think I might rest better at the Hilton... I can't get enough Edge! Actually, t has warmed up nicely - we were out on the balcony in the 75 degree sun! Feels so good!

Rest up for a couple of days and take care of yourself! AND the info is much appreciated, thank you again.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Were you able to find out where the Concierge lunch is on embarkation day?  If not, could you when you get back on in a couple of days.

Being press and trade cruises, I doubt they had them, but I’ll check on it for this next cruise.

4 minutes ago, citruscruiser said:

The Sky Suite person was also saying it was a S1. Not! And I pointed out the lower bathtub to him. Now it should be easier to climb in. 

The first time I went they called it an S 2. I showed her the Tom-Tom seat/coffee table -she loved that. 😉

53 minutes ago, Oville said:

44 minutes ago, Oville said:

Jeff gave it a mighty try, it wasn’t swinging anywhere.  Our tv was directly across from the bed.

We are in AQ next month.  I was hoping that the TV would tilt toward the sofa and verada areas.  We do not watch TV in bed.

15 minutes ago, kearney said:

Just looked at what is happening in terms of cabin availability for Dec 16 sailing. Surprised there are still a significant number of IV E,C and A available... almost no change since early Nov.

The same thing for the December 9th cruise.  And the rates have actually gone up in the last few days.  The AQ that we paid $2000pp for, had been going as high as $2899.  Now it's $3199.

18 minutes ago, kearney said:

Just looked at what is happening in terms of cabin availability for Dec 16 sailing. Surprised there are still a significant number of IV E,C and A available... almost no change since early Nov.

Could be time for a price adjustment, possibly?

bon voyage

52 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

Thank you very much. I have one question. Did the remote allow you to change the input? In the past, we have been unable to change input on the TV to access the HDMI port or the USB ports. I thought X had advertise that we could, but I just want to make sure before we lug a Playstation all the way to Florida.  🙂 

The remote does not have input options unfortunately.