Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

5 hours ago, verizon said:

That will be a good place to fill up empty bottles 

Might want to check with Guest Services or Engineering, or whoever would really know, whether there is a difference between hand washing sink water supply and drinking water supply.  Would make a big difference in potability.  

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Well, it sounds like we all need to find Lorenzo upon boarding to thank him for helping VT in her time of need... well after this time period so he knows we do not forget!

I Am sure he will be well impressed as to how we stick together and remember those who went above and beyond their call of duty to assist us, The Edgies, in time of need...

We appreciate his assistance for one of our own, even though he would do it for any passenger, yet we are NOT just any passengers... We are Edgies! 🤩

Like the Three Musketeers, just with more, a whole lot more, Musketeers!

Continue to be well and heal VT and bon voyage

Thanks, Bo! Good idea for all of us to give kudos to those who help the Edgies!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, verizon said:

That will be a good place to fill up empty bottles 

The hand wash areas will be used properly by most conscientious passengers who are the great majority on board.  They will not likely fill water bottles there. The same few passengers (adults and kids) who do not wash their hands in the restrooms will also not bother to use the hand wash stations either.  They are the ones spreading norovirus  and other nasty bugs unfortunately.  A few uncaring passengers can disrupt the whole ship.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Vt...et al 

Glad the  EDGIE get together worked out well...the first Cruise Critic unofficial roll call party.

Hope you continue to heal..hope they will cover or comp your med bill!

Looking foward to your next installments!

We will also look for Lorenzo..where is he usually?

Most of the crew don’t have their cards yet so I’m unsure. I remember he had “Excellence” as part of his dept title. I will track him down Saturday. 😊

1 hour ago, jimkathyd1 said:

How often is the Magic Carpet open for drinks?  How do you get a table on it from Raw on 5?  Is it like the riptide on the Oasis ships continually go up and down certain hours?  Thanks 

I will find out more on Edge’s first commercial cruise Saturday. These non- revenue cruises were quite different. The specialties were often taken over by execs, media , etc.

We did go out there yesterday and had a drink so I can check off another bar. 😀

93300635-7619-429F-8D51-B3324AEEECDE.thumb.jpeg.ca16cb6b7fedb93d2cb29aa6252b6d5e.jpeg

They had little lobster rolls out there 0DFC7C95-3719-4715-84EA-FAAF135D2404.thumb.jpeg.7678cf73d8a3b4c2dbcfe473419bfac3.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I will find out more on Edge’s first commercial cruise Saturday. These non- revenue cruises were quite different. The specialties were often taken over by execs, media , etc.

We did go out there yesterday and had a drink so I can check off another bar. 😀

They had little lobster rolls out there 

Oooooooh, yummmmm  :classic_smile:

Edited by beachbunny6

1 hour ago, beachbunny6 said:

Might want to check with Guest Services or Engineering, or whoever would really know, whether there is a difference between hand washing sink water supply and drinking water supply.  Would make a big difference in potability.  

Since our sinks in the SR bathrooms are set to drink as is sink water in common area bathrooms. That may be an issue on some sailboat to preserve drinking water, so I wouldn’t go up and ask that. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

15 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Oooooooh, yummmmm  :classic_smile:

Yes it was! 

It’s funny but but I was posting in the Retreat yesterday and posted a picture of a strawberry daiquiri. A little while later someone found me and came over and sat down to chat - she said that she was  just reading CC and saw the drink I was having and came to the Retreat looking for me. I had sat next her at dinner the night before and had a lovely talk. She wanted to debrief on her CS so had come to find me when she saw where I was  ( and to get a strawberry daiquiri). 😀

• Haha 1

Vtcruising - our power is still out in Andover. Green Mountain Power sent a text that says it will be restored by Saturday!!! evening.  Thank you for each and every post.

FYI...Purell does not kill Norovirus germs.  A good, old-fashioned hand washing does!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

The hand wash areas will be used properly by most conscientious passengers who are the great majority on board.  They will not likely fill water bottles there. The same few passengers (adults and kids) who do not wash their hands in the restrooms will also not bother to use the hand wash stations either.  They are the ones spreading norovirus  and other nasty bugs unfortunately.  A few uncaring passengers can disrupt the whole ship.

I thought most conscientious passengers was their hands before they go eat.  Do they have hand washing stations in front of all of the restaurants and specialty restaurants? Nope.  

2 hours ago, jimkathyd1 said:

How often is the Magic Carpet open for drinks?  How do you get a table on it from Raw on 5?  Is it like the riptide on the Oasis ships continually go up and down certain hours?  Thanks 

My understanding is that the Magic Carpet will not be like the bar on the Oasis class ships that go up and down all day.  You will not be able to "ride" the Magic Carpet when it does go up and down.  You'll only be able to enjoy it when it is stationary.  I haven't read about what those hours will be but I'm sure VT will post when she's on the next cruise.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I thought most conscientious passengers was their hands before they go eat.  Do they have hand washing stations in front of all of the restaurants and specialty restaurants? Nope.  

Wishful thinking... I guess people in restrooms don't think others in the stalls can see or hear them. 😉 It's appalling witnessing others leave stalls and walk right out the door without washing their hands. “Most conscientious passengers” may be in the majority, but as has been proven, it only takes a few, or even one, to start an epidemic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There is no way to completely eliminate the chance of noro on cruise ships with so many factors. It can be an easy thing to prevent but that’s ONLY if everyone is conscientious and careful, but they’re not. I believe hand washing stations can help limit the chance or percentage of these viral outbreaks but because of the few passengers who will ignore them, there’s just no way for Celebrity to completely eliminate it. It’s a step in the right direction and better to have them there for sure. If outbreaks do occur though it’s more because guests are helping it spread by not washing their hands, not because Celebrity wasn’t providing the tools to help prevent it. 

That said, back to learning more about this gorgeous ship!

Edited by CruisingTheWaves
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, dgraham said:

One other query. The outside cabins facing forward (at the front of the ship) look like they have very large windows. I wonder if this is true, i.e. from within the cabin. 

I would like to know this as well , we have one booked for the TA in November

Marilyn, I have a very special request. On Saturday when you board, could you please take a photo of the TV hookups in your S1? It was my understanding we were going to be able to hook up phones and what not to the TV. My DH desperately wants to take his playstation on with him. (I know you all are reading this and things WTH, but thats what he likes to do to relax at night, after I go to bed) I am going to try and call X but if I had a photo of the TV plugs, could easily determine if that will work or not. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE! REST AND FEEL BETTER for your next Edge cruise on Saturday.   

19 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I've looked at this photo carefully, and I don't see any handles – it looks like electric eye faucets and soap dispensers.  But I also don't see any way to dry your hands???

ugh, we had the hand 'washing' troughs on another ship and it was horribly crowded, backed up in fact so many people by passed it.  And yes, must have something to dry with, way more time consuming than hand sanitizers!

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Are the other restaurants buffets?  Nope.  

Have I ever seen grown women walk out of the bathroom outside OVC either without washing their hands, or having given their fingertips a cursory swipe under running water (say one second, no soap)? Yep. Every single day. Has my DH seen the same in the mens’ bathroom? Yep. Every single day.

Edited by Silkroad

13 hours ago, mit429 said:

VT - thanks for the review so far ... curious as to how you're finding the WiFi is holding up while you're underway. 

I figure there are *a lot* of people aboard making use of the onboard WiFi system, so I'm curious as to if it's straining at all? 

Do you feel it similar to the other ships with Xcelerate WiFi, is it faster? slower? 

Thanks!

Best I've had on a ship because I didn't even have to think of it. I always had it and it was always fast. First time on a cruise ship that I haven't had it drop me several times. Everyone was given unlimited too - these were TAs, media and execs so probably put it to the test. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

Marilyn, I have a very special request. On Saturday when you board, could you please take a photo of the TV hookups in your S1? It was my understanding we were going to be able to hook up phones and what not to the TV. My DH desperately wants to take his playstation on with him. (I know you all are reading this and things WTH, but thats what he likes to do to relax at night, after I go to bed) I am going to try and call X but if I had a photo of the TV plugs, could easily determine if that will work or not. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE! REST AND FEEL BETTER for your next Edge cruise on Saturday.   

My DH and Oville's DH looked in the back of our TV last night - there were USB ports, speaker plug ins and HDMI, audio appeared to be there - sorry I was going to take a picture. It was weird because the TV pulled out to rotate toward the bed on one side only and the plugs were on the other side so more difficult to get to (TV fixed on that side). I'll take pictures of the plug ins and of it rotated toward bed as someone else wanted. I was able to pull it out quite far. 🙂

8 minutes ago, J18ktleo said:

I called Celebrity yesterday and was told we can board using the Express Pass on our app....anyone confirm this?

I used my printed one but I saw others doing it.

The facial recognition is a bit off - it recognized me with all by bandages and bruises, but not my DH. 🙂

• Haha 1

VT we need to tell Celebrity to come to this thread to pull more info off of it to develop detailed Q&A for their customer service reps.   Because of your efforts and others on these early mini cruises.... we all know more than most. Much may seem unimportant to some... but very helpful to others.

• Like 6