RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

14 hours ago, island lady said:

And you too...so sorry for you both...and everyone on the four ship cancellations just announced.  😞 

I am surprised my second leg on Sunday here on Harmony has not been cancelled...but that may be coming with everything that seems to be going on. 🤕

What do you mean “ with everything going on”. Do you mean other ships, or specifically Harmony? 
m

33 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

What do you mean “ with everything going on”. Do you mean other ships, or specifically Harmony? 
m

Ships being cancelled.   As to Harmony, missing St. Thomas due to being over 1% and offloading positive testing crew members to Rhapsody in St. Maarten.  This is going on quietly...but going on.  

On 1/6/2022 at 8:54 PM, WeIsCruisin said:

Not true, we received ours about 11 days prior to sailing 

Although we canceled our Jan cruises, we did get notified 9 days before that our bid was excepted for the second leg of our b/2/b oasis cruise- we were looking foward to a star suite experience.  Our first cruise we were notified the day of the cruise that the pending bid was canceled.  but we canceled both cruises.  Hope we can safely sail again soon.

• Like 2

I’m scheduled to sail on Freedom of the Seas in January 24th. We booked a balcony guarantee. I bid on a Grand Suite 1 BR for $10 above the minimum ($160 each, minimum was $150, it’s a 4 day cruise)

I noticed at 18 days until sailing my bid was locked. I still did not have a room number for the balcony guarantee. 
Today is 16 days until sailing and I got my email that my bid was accepted and I now have a suite and a room number! 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jacktommom said:

I’m scheduled to sail on Freedom of the Seas in January 24th. We booked a balcony guarantee. I bid on a Grand Suite 1 BR for $10 above the minimum ($160 each, minimum was $150, it’s a 4 day cruise)

I noticed at 18 days until sailing my bid was locked. I still did not have a room number for the balcony guarantee. 
Today is 16 days until sailing and I got my email that my bid was accepted and I now have a suite and a room number! 

Nice score!!!  🙂 🤗

Still nothing..nada..zip for my cruise tomorrow morning.  😞  Three bids in, with all still "pending".  

Just received our notification that our bid for a balcony room was accepted on our Jan 20 sailing on Enchantment.  We bid the min (150 PP) to upgrade from an Ocean View.  Our first ever cruise so it will be nice to have a balcony.  I've little doubt that the low number of passengers likely to be on this sailing had a lot to do with getting the upgrade.  Considering the initial booking was for an inside stateroom (a MyVegas cruise) we have come a long way...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Nice score!!!  🙂 🤗

Still nothing..nada..zip for my cruise tomorrow morning.  😞  Three bids in, with all still "pending".  

Same for me. I even upped the bid slightly hoping it would get accepted.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 9:40 PM, FLMom said:

We didn’t have any issues with our check in being updated to our new suite assignment. Our set sail passes and luggage tags automatically reflected the new suite once the RoyalUp was processed today. We sail in just a few days. As to masking, we don’t know exactly what to expect… but we would be surprised if we had to re-mask between bites/sips in any of the restaurants. 

We canceled our cruise 

4 hours ago, edrussell said:

Just received our notification that our bid for a balcony room was accepted on our Jan 20 sailing on Enchantment.  We bid the min (150 PP) to upgrade from an Ocean View.  Our first ever cruise so it will be nice to have a balcony.  I've little doubt that the low number of passengers likely to be on this sailing had a lot to do with getting the upgrade.  Considering the initial booking was for an inside stateroom (a MyVegas cruise) we have come a long way...

Excellent!  Congrats!!  🙂 

I have heard that sometimes, Royal Up lowers the minimum bid with a future email. I have been holding off on my Royal Up bid because I really wanted to bid for a junior suite, but the original offer for the minimum bid seems a bit too high.

Does these lower minimum bid offers come closer to the sailing date? I was surprised to see the original Royal Up email 60 days out, but I guess they want to see what they can get for these rooms from anxious bidders, since they decide to stop selling the cruise with Omicron causing havoc.

I feel I can wait till at least 30 days out before I put in a bid.

13 minutes ago, binro01 said:

I have heard that sometimes, Royal Up lowers the minimum bid with a future email. I have been holding off on my Royal Up bid because I really wanted to bid for a junior suite, but the original offer for the minimum bid seems a bit too high.

Does these lower minimum bid offers come closer to the sailing date? I was surprised to see the original Royal Up email 60 days out, but I guess they want to see what they can get for these rooms from anxious bidders, since they decide to stop selling the cruise with Omicron causing havoc.

Never saw that.  Sometimes higher

2 hours ago, binro01 said:

It depends on what room you have and how many open rooms they have in each category, I think. 

I have gotten repeated offers with lower numbers on cruises with low census numbers.  If you're already on the cruise anyway and they can get extra money out of you for upgrading, it's in their best interest -- even an extra $50pp is pure profit for them.  

You don't need to wait for an email, though -- just go to the upgrade page periodically to see what they're offering.

43 minutes ago, brillohead said:

It depends on what room you have and how many open rooms they have in each category, I think. 

I have gotten repeated offers with lower numbers on cruises with low census numbers.  If you're already on the cruise anyway and they can get extra money out of you for upgrading, it's in their best interest -- even an extra $50pp is pure profit for them.  

You don't need to wait for an email, though -- just go to the upgrade page periodically to see what they're offering.

Thanks! I'm not in a rush to upgrade. We are still 50 days out. 

46 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Where do you go to the upgrade page?

Anyone know what the latest time a Royal Up will show up?   Just curious, never tried before and more than pleased with our current JS.   Just curious about the process, I hears that it closes out anywhere from 3 days to 3 hours prior to leaving.

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

That's too far out...needs to usually be within 30 days.

For Oasis in March - they sent the RoyalUp emails out at 60 days.  I was surprised.

We've bid a bit above min on a JS and a GS.  If we don't get either we are ok with our Ocean View Large Balcony. We just really hope our cruise isn't cancelled.  We recently had Covid - so we know our immunity will be pretty good (just recovered) - so we don't plan on cancelling.