RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Sometimes that error never goes away, even inside 30 days - not all customers get a chance to bid.

It depends on what type of cabin/suite you are bidding on and the availability.  We have been lucky with celebrity and managed to get upgraded from sky suites to Celebrity or Royal suites.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

It depends on what type of cabin/suite you are bidding on and the availability.

RCI doesn't open Royal Up on all sailings and not all TAs participate in Royal Up (if the TA doesn't participate you can't bid).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI doesn't open Royal Up on all sailings and not all TAs participate in Royal Up (if the TA doesn't participate you can't bid).

The fact that the big box I was using as my TA wouldn't let me do Royal Up annoyed me so much I stopped using them.  That's when I found a great TA, so missing out on what turned out to be only one Royal Up, due to COVID, turned out to be a good thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

The fact that the big box I was using as my TA wouldn't let me do Royal Up annoyed me so much I stopped using them.  That's when I found a great TA, so missing out on what turned out to be only one Royal Up, due to COVID, turned out to be a good thing.

That happened to my nephew with the big box store also.  We like to book directly.  Don’t need the perks offered by TAs

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

That happened to my nephew with the big box store also.  We like to book directly.  Don’t need the perks offered by TAs

It's not all about perks.

We once used to use a TA for perks, now I use one for service, deal notifications, etc.... and I still get perks.😁

Plus, I haven't spoken with Royal once in the past crazy year. 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Do you have tbook through a TA to even get a Royal Up offer?  does booking directly with royal qualify you to get offer??

4 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Do you have tbook through a TA to even get a Royal Up offer?  does booking directly with royal qualify you to get offer??

I get these offers for almost every sailing and rarely use a travel agent but maybe every other year or so on a group cruise with a large bunch of friends.

The only qualification I've ever seen in writing to get them is to have signed up for marketing emails when making the booking (that little checkbox during the cabin purchase process on one of the pages).

Edited by dswallow

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Plus, I haven't spoken with Royal once in the past crazy year. 😉

Too bad, I've had some great service, actually excellent service, from RCCL reps.  Never a wait to get through, extremely helpful.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Too bad, I've had some great service, actually excellent service, from RCCL reps.  Never a wait to get through, extremely helpful.

In my extensive experience, its just easier to have my TA handle it. And he handled a lot of bookings and changes.😉

#onecalldoesitall

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

I have in the past before they outsourced everything.  Now not so much  Glad I have a great TA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

If you get the upgrade are you able to decline it and get your original room?

Example, have a middle of the ship balcony and do the Royal up for a Jr suite but it ends up being an aft. Can you decline at that point?

No,  if they accept your bid, they immediately charge your credit card.  No give-backs, so to speak. 

6 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Example, have a middle of the ship balcony and do the Royal up for a Jr suite but it ends up being an aft. Can you decline at that point?

BTW, we will take the aft JS if you don't want it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

You might be able to switch