RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

On 9/3/2021 at 12:28 PM, Biker19 said:

We have had reports of folks getting upgrades with min bid, including to JS. Normally, on a brand new ship, you might be right, but with the ship so empty, min bids can be winners.

I bid way over min.  I actually bid over mid-point for  GS, OS, and RS.  Did not win.  Still had a good time.

Ship was very empty.

• Like 3

I did a little over min bid on just going from reg. balc. to spacious balcony for our Sunday Allure.  Today it changed, it's always had the option to modify or cancel the bid, but today not able to do either but it's still pending.  I would (maybe not rightfully) assume they have accepted my bid, otherwise, why not just change it's status to "not excepted". So far no email nor charge to CC.

Edited by BecciBoo

We sail this Saturday on the Adventure....had a balcony on mid hump and just got the email that our bid was accepted for a Grand Suite 😁 we bid the minimum which was $300/person and we got it! We also bid on a jr. suite for $150/person but we decided to cancel that last minute since we really liked our original balcony location.

This will probably be the cheapest way to get into a Grand Suite ever!! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KG1924 said:

We sail this Saturday on the Adventure....had a balcony on mid hump and just got the email that our bid was accepted for a Grand Suite 😁 we bid the minimum which was $300/person and we got it! We also bid on a jr. suite for $150/person but we decided to cancel that last minute since we really liked our original balcony location.

This will probably be the cheapest way to get into a Grand Suite ever!! 

Congratulations! You will love your suite. We won an upgrade from JS to OS on the Adventure last month and were so spoiled - between the suite and the low number of pax on the ship, it was magical. Please give our best to Jenny, the suite concierge, she took such good care of us! She is a true gem. Jennifer and Wei in the lounge were also wonderful. Have a fabulous cruise!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

Congratulations! You will love your suite. We won an upgrade from JS to OS on the Adventure last month and were so spoiled - between the suite and the low number of pax on the ship, it was magical. Please give our best to Jenny, the suite concierge, she took such good care of us! She is a true gem. Jennifer and Wei in the lounge were also wonderful. Have a fabulous cruise!!

Thank you so much!! We're so excited, we've only ever done balcony cabins so this will be a treat. I will def say hello! Now we just have to pass our Covid tests in about 20 mins and then I will be truly excited!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, KG1924 said:

Thank you so much!! We're so excited, we've only ever done balcony cabins so this will be a treat. I will def say hello! Now we just have to pass our Covid tests in about 20 mins and then I will be truly excited!

enjoy the upgrade!  They had a small suite lounge on the Adventure- but no suite dining room or deck.  Still a nice suite cabin!  With some perks. We had breakfast in specialty restaurant daily which was nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I did a little over min bid on just going from reg. balc. to spacious balcony for our Sunday Allure.  Today it changed, it's always had the option to modify or cancel the bid, but today not able to do either but it's still pending.  I would (maybe not rightfully) assume they have accepted my bid, otherwise, why not just change it's status to "not excepted". So far no email nor charge to CC.

"Pending" is a good sign - we were at that status for weeks then received the confirmation email a few days before our 22Aug Allure sailing.  Let us know if you win your bid!

22 minutes ago, Ready2SailAway said:

"Pending" is a good sign - we were at that status for weeks then received the confirmation email a few days before our 22Aug Allure sailing.  Let us know if you win your bid!

Not to get too excited, mine was pending for weeks too but no upgrade. 

hope it works out for you!

My sister and her husband were also in a balcony and bid just over the minimum for the Owners Suite (in their case $415/person-minimum was $400) and they got it. I really think these lower capacity sailings are the best odds to get the upgrades. This sailing is also one of the least expensive we've been on (aside from flights to the Bahamas!) And we all tested negative today so we will be sailing away in our over the top suites in 72 hours!!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

enjoy the upgrade!  They had a small suite lounge on the Adventure- but no suite dining room or deck.  Still a nice suite cabin!  With some perks. We had breakfast in specialty restaurant daily which was nice.

yeah, the suite perks aren't amazing on the Adventure. And my mother-in-law will be with us in a standard balcony so we most likely won't take advantage of most suite perks anyway. Just excited to live the lux life for a week 🙂 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ready2SailAway said:

They are always listed as "pending" until accepted or rejected. I have never seen anything else except "cancelled" after I cancelled a bid or two.

7 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

When you put in your bid for an upgrade and received your offer, when did it show on your credit card?

Before or after you found out?

TY

For mine, I got the email before the credit card was dinged.  However, I was checking my email obsessively.  lol

• Like 1

I could use some advice.  Last week we booked Ovation to Alaska for 24Oct.  We paid about $650 per person for a Balcony GTY and got a forward cabin assigned that looked good.  But then I signed into the bid site and see a number of tempting things. 

GS 2Bed with a min of 450 and max of 1800.

GS Large Balc 400-1700

GS 350-1750

JS 200-1000

"Spacious" Balc 60-200 (I do not see this doing a mock booking, and don't know what it is.)

So, should I just put Min plus $20 on all the GS's, or what do folks think.  We are probably happy to go to $750 on the GS's, but would enjoy getting them closer to min.

Also, is there a way to control which offer they look at first?

Just curious.  Post re-start, what is the FASTEST someone has been notified of an upgrade.  We did it twice before and were notified within a couple of days that we had won our bid.  We are cruising in October, put in a bid in late August so was just curious.

TIA

6 minutes ago, chawkjewel said:

Just curious.  Post re-start, what is the FASTEST someone has been notified of an upgrade.  We did it twice before and were notified within a couple of days that we had won our bid.  We are cruising in October, put in a bid in late August so was just curious.

TIA

It seems like, in general, notifications are coming a little later than they did BC.

1 hour ago, pretzlaff said:

I could use some advice.  Last week we booked Ovation to Alaska for 24Oct.  We paid about $650 per person for a Balcony GTY and got a forward cabin assigned that looked good.  But then I signed into the bid site and see a number of tempting things. 

GS 2Bed with a min of 450 and max of 1800.

GS Large Balc 400-1700

GS 350-1750

JS 200-1000

"Spacious" Balc 60-200 (I do not see this doing a mock booking, and don't know what it is.)

So, should I just put Min plus $20 on all the GS's, or what do folks think.  We are probably happy to go to $750 on the GS's, but would enjoy getting them closer to min.

Also, is there a way to control which offer they look at first?

My thought is similar to Biker’s.  No bid spacious balcony.  Minimum plus 20 or 25 on JS and GS, and minimum plus 5 on GS with large balcony.

• Like 1