RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

The bids stay in that status for the duration from bidding until expired or the denial e-mail - should not read anything into it.

My last two upgrades both worked the same for me anyways.  All my other bids read expired while one was still pending with no option to remove or change my bid.  Both of these turned out to be "winning" bids. Maybe no rhyme or reason but thats how it played out for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The bids stay in that status for the duration from bidding until expired or the denial e-mail - should not read anything into it.

Yes- there seems to be a lot of confusion about this. ALL my bids have always said "pending" from the second I make them.

Some have a modification deadline if 54 hours before sailing; this time one of them says I can modify until 3 hours before - but that's probably  an error

18 hours ago, Ready2SailAway said:

It would be interesting to find out - do let us know if your minimum allowed RoyalUp bid changes...

This morning I received an email cancelling all my previous bids and with a link to new offers. The minimums have decreased by $200 for the Royal Loft to a $400 decrease for Aquatheater 2Br.

Yay!

• Like 4

Finally got the Royal Up email. Currently in a Ocean View balcony on the 7 night alaska on ovation.

Min offers:
GS 2 BR - $450 per guest
GS 1 BR Large Balcony - $400 per guest

GS 1 BR - $350 per guest
JS - $200 per guest

Spacious ocean view Balcony - $60 per guest

Any suggestions? We've never cruised RCL before and don't know what is best over here.. For reference, we paid $498 USD/per person for our balcony GTY before taxes. Thanks

Edited by glendroid23

1 minute ago, glendroid23 said:

Any suggestions?

Keep in mind that you only have to pay for the first 2 guests if you win the RoyalUp bid (ie the JS would be $400 total).

Ovation has Coastal Kitchen which you can dine at for dinner in a JS and for all meals in a GS or above.  The GS would get you free Voom internet plus access to the Suite Lounge.  All depends on what kind of price you would put on that..not to mention a larger room.  The bathrooms are also different in the JS and the GS and will have a tub instead of a tube shower.

We sail on 9/24 (Ovation of the Seas), put in bids about a week ago for Jr suite, 1 br GS, and 1br GS large balcony. This morning we upped our bid by $100 for GS and GS large balcony. Just checked the status, Jr suite & GS shows expired, GS large balcony shows pending... no option to change or remove. Hopefully getting one.

Edited by rim140
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC. The JS and the regular GS might be worth bidding on at min levels.

Thanks.. Just weighing the cost the internet inclusion on the GS vs the JS...

2 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Keep in mind that you only have to pay for the first 2 guests if you win the RoyalUp bid (ie the JS would be $400 total).

Ovation has Coastal Kitchen which you can dine at for dinner in a JS and for all meals in a GS or above.  The GS would get you free Voom internet plus access to the Suite Lounge.  All depends on what kind of price you would put on that..not to mention a larger room.  The bathrooms are also different in the JS and the GS and will have a tub instead of a tube shower.

Yeah! There's only two of us anyways so that's easy! Costal kitchen for an option does has a big appeal to us as only izumi/jamie's italian seem to stand out for upcharge dining for us.

12 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

We just got an email to Royal up and we are passing. Minimum bid is $2000 pp.

I hope that is for Star Class which at least would save about $1800 in packages and grats... otherwise I'd say they can pound salt

18 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I hope that is for Star Class which at least would save about $1800 in packages and grats... otherwise I'd say they can pound salt

From one Star class to another. We already have all of the Star class perks with our current suite.

Edited by ownedbypets
  • Like 1

Does anyone know what determines who gets the RoyalUp email? For my last two cruises I am listed as the primary with my email address but yet the other person on the cruise gets the email and I don't. And in one case I have a relative traveling and they didn't even get the email but the travel agent did.

Curious if there's a setting that needs to be adjusted on the site because of that.