RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

My three bids say up to 3 hours before departure too. What a mess for the cabin stewards if the guests pre-purchased decorations or other deliveries. 

I have a balcony guarantee on my 10/15 Freedom cruise. I bid on a JS, 1 bed GS, and 2 bed GS. No cabin assignment yet and all three bids still show pending. 

We’re sailing this Sunday and yesterday a 1 bedroom GS in a location I liked popped up during a mock booking I was doing to check on prices. It was at a price I had put in a bid to Royalup and I booked it. So if you’re looking to upgrade keep checking the website because you never know what’s going to become available. I’m not going to put in any more bids. I’m going to just keep the GS because I’m picky about location and the bidding was out of my comfort zone anyway. Good luck to everyone with bids out there🍀

• Like 2

We set sail in 12 days.  RoyalUP is showing GS pending but not showing a way to modify. It has been showing pending with no option to modify for at least a week now.  I am curious why most on here have the option to modify up 48 hours, some less, and they lock us out 2+ weeks before.  Have you seen this before @Biker19 or others?

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We set sail in 12 days.  RoyalUP is showing GS pending but not showing a way to modify. It has been showing pending with no option to modify for at least a week now.  I am curious why most on here have the option to modify up 48 hours, some less, and they lock us out 2+ weeks before.  Have you seen this before @Biker19 or others?

That happened to me twice and both times I received an email a few days after I noticed it that my bids were canceled because my reservation had been modified. But you never know, it could just be a glitch. I don’t think they’re excepting bids that early.

• Like 1

We had bids in on a junior suite, grand suite and a 2 bedroom grand suite.  We were on the odyssey of the seas last week and since our bids were all still pending well after the 48 hour window for them letting us know if they would be accepted or not my wife canceled the 2 we didn't really want and left the 1 bedroom grand suite.  She was checking her emails all the time and it was not as much fun at that point lol.  We had a really nice d2 balcony room we picked the location of and were looking forward to it so an upgrade didn't really matter to us either.  The stress of not knowing if they were going to accept our bid, where they would put us, combined with all of the other covid related stuff just made it less rewarding really.  In the end our bid on the grand suite was left pending until we were on the ship and a email came though after 8pm saying it was not accepted.  It was fun to dream about getting a really nice upgrade but we loved the room we picked out ourselves.  It was sort of our form of gambling since we put some chips down and let it ride.  In the end it didn't cost us anything except some time dreaming :).  The money we saved not winning will help pay for a lot of our Anthem cruise in March as well so that is a win all on its own.

• Like 4

The bids that I had entered for the Owner's Suite and Royal Suite are now showing as expired (which I guess means tough noogies to me). My bid for the Grand Suite still shows as pending. So maybe, but we will both be happy even if we don't get it. Just happy to be back out on the sea!

Signed up for Ovation Alaska 24Sept about two weeks ago with a $600/ Balcony. 

checked Move Up and found GS, GS large balc, and GS 2 bedroom with minimum bids of. $350, $400, and $450.  Bid $400, $450, and $650. There were sbout five of each on s mock booking. 

last week the two small GS bids went expired and the 2 bedroom went pending with no modify button. 

today, 4 days before sailing got an email that we got the GS 2 bedroom. 

My take away lesson is to bid and bid a little above minimum for good upgrades. But probably also to bid a couple hundred above minimum for dramatic upgrades. The GS 2 bedroom is a dramatic upgrade to us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, molly361 said:

Most have reported getting their winning bid accepted 3 days before sailing

I'm on Symphony in 5 days and a bunch of peeps in the FB group have received Ups tonite.

some have received "bid expired"

So far the upgrades are Junior Suite and CLS.

No word on any Star level, but we are just a FB group of 260 cabins. 

8 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

Only 7 nights. And Diamond. 

May I ask how many persons you are? We have an upcoming cruise for 4 persons but in two cabins on the Oasis and if we could score a 2 b Grand Suite for 650$ per person it would be a done deal.

But is it enough if one cabin does the bidding or will it only apply for 2 persones then? 

3 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

May I ask how many persons you are? We have an upcoming cruise for 4 persons but in two cabins on the Oasis and if we could score a 2 b Grand Suite for 650$ per person it would be a done deal.

But is it enough if one cabin does the bidding or will it only apply for 2 persones then? 

Even if you have more then two persons, you only pay the bid amount for the first two.  Enjoy your cruise!

2 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

But is it enough if one cabin does the bidding or will it only apply for 2 persons then? 

Welcome to CC.

Realize that if you get it, while you can have the two other folks in the other cabin join you in the 2 bdr GS, they won't have suite privileges.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Even if you have more then two persons, you only pay the bid amount for the first two.  Enjoy your cruise!

But only the people in the bidding cabin will be considered upgraded. And you still have to keep the non-bidding cabin. They don't refund it even if the other people move in to the 2 BR with the winning bidders.

Sailing on Symphony this Saturday.  Upgrade to GS just came through today.  Originally had bid on JS, GS, GS2BR, and OS.  A few days ago all of them showed expired except for the GS, and the GS bid could not be edited anymore.  We bid $515/pp which was just a tiny bit over minimum.

Also was on Freedom in July and bid the minimum ($50/pp) to upgrade from a balcony to a JS and got that one too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kyle2123 said:

Sailing on Symphony this Saturday.  Upgrade to GS just came through today.  Originally had bid on JS, GS, GS2BR, and OS.  A few days ago all of them showed expired except for the GS, and the GS bid could not be edited anymore.  We bid $515/pp which was just a tiny bit over minimum.

Also was on Freedom in July and bid the minimum ($50/pp) to upgrade from a balcony to a JS and got that one too.

I'm on with you Saturday and have 3 bids all pending - they are all Star level. All still available to change bid. 

• Like 2

We just received our royal up for our Sept 27 Freedom four night cruise. We went from a balconey guarantee to a Grand Suite for $200 per person. Minium bid was $150. We only paid $747 total for both of us so we felt we could splurge on a suite. This willl be our first time in a suite and we are really looking forward to it.

• Like 10

I'm still in the midst of my first exposure to this Royal Up thing.  I cruise in 9 days.  My GS bid says Expired and my JS bid says Pending.  Neither will let me modify.  Based on the collective experience of this board, should I be optimistic on the JS upgrade or is it still a maybe/maybe not thing?  

• Like 1