RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Good morning, all.  We're sailing on the Ovation to Alaska on October 8, which will be our first cruise on RC.  Being new to the RoyalUp process, I think I may have over-bid, but we are excited anyway.  We booked a Junior Suite with large balcony and bid on everything that we could.  As of yesterday all my bids are showing "expired" except the bid of $1530/pp for a Star Loft Suite shows "pending."  My credit card has not been charged, and I have not received a confirmation email from RC.  I called RC this morning and the very nice gentleman could not confirm, but based on this thread I'm hopeful.  Thoughts?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Machta said:

Good morning, all.  We're sailing on the Ovation to Alaska on October 8, which will be our first cruise on RC.  Being new to the RoyalUp process, I think I may have over-bid, but we are excited anyway.  We booked a Junior Suite with large balcony and bid on everything that we could.  As of yesterday all my bids are showing "expired" except the bid of $1530/pp for a Star Loft Suite shows "pending."  My credit card has not been charged, and I have not received a confirmation email from RC.  I called RC this morning and the very nice gentleman could not confirm, but based on this thread I'm hopeful.  Thoughts?

I would guess that you could be more hopeful for a bid that high.  I think most of us bid on the low end and just cross our fingers.  Because these ships are sailing at a much lower capacity, I think the odds are higher this time.

We are on the same sailing and I am so excited!  I hope you enjoy Royal.  It is our favorite line and the ship is gorgeous.  Have a great time!

• Like 1

Wondering the latest that Royal will tell you when you won your bid (or not). What is the latest that you ever heard about a bid?

Somewhere I read they will tell you at least 2 days before you sail but then when I look at my pending bids, it says (provided your bid hasn't already been accepted) you can modify your bid up to 3 hours before departure! Our boarding time is like 6 hours before departure! 

We sail this Friday but only got the Royal Up email on Monday and now we are (un)patiently waiting to hear if we won a bid or not. 

25 minutes ago, Machta said:

I think I may have over-bid, but we are excited anyway.

bid of $1530/pp for a Star Loft Suite 

It doesn't seem as though you have overbid at all if you bid $3060 for a Star Class suite, but Ovation does not have any Star Loft Suites.  If you mean a Grand Loft Suite or an Owner's Loft Suite then those are SC.  The Sky Loft Suites are Sky Class which would still be a good deal but not nearly as great a deal as one of the Star Class suites.  Best of luck !!

25 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

It doesn't seem as though you have overbid at all if you bid $3060 for a Star Class suite, but Ovation does not have any Star Loft Suites.  If you mean a Grand Loft Suite or an Owner's Loft Suite then those are SC.  The Sky Loft Suites are Sky Class which would still be a good deal but not nearly as great a deal as one of the Star Class suites.  Best of luck !!

Ah, my mistake!  Thanks for catching it.  We bid on a Sky Loft suite.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Machta said:

Ah, my mistake!  Thanks for catching it.  We bid on a Sky Loft suite.

We bid on the same suite for this Sunday's Allure cruise and received the accepted email yesterday. Our bid was a few hundred dollars less than yours, but still was the first to get accepted, I believe. (I've been watching the CLS numbers for months and it was at 13 available for the longest, then I got one and today saw 5 more were taken.) I believe you'll win your bid......

Edited by TYMAN
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

We bid on the same suite for this Sunday's Allure cruise and received the accepted email yesterday. Our bid was a few hundred dollars less than yours, but still was the first to get accepted, I believe. (I've been watching the CLS numbers for months and it was at 13 available for the longest, then I got one and today saw 5 more were taken.) I believe you'll win your bid......

Oh, very interesting!  Congratulations!

• Like 1

Quick question... I'm travelling in a cabin as a single passenger and can see the prices offered are "per person". 

It says "Your bid is priced per person and based on two guests per stateroom for the entire length of your cruise. Only the first and second guest will be charged"

I assume that means that as a single passenger I would need to pay twice the bid I'm making, even as single passenger? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Is it possible to add someone to your cabin/sailing after Royal Up offer is accepted? If so, how would rate for additional person be determined?

Just a thought but if you won a suite and want to add some one, I might see what it would cost for an inside cabin for one.  Then let them stay in the suite.  May be cheaper that way.

27 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

Quick question... I'm travelling in a cabin as a single passenger and can see the prices offered are "per person". 

It says "Your bid is priced per person and based on two guests per stateroom for the entire length of your cruise. Only the first and second guest will be charged"

I assume that means that as a single passenger I would need to pay twice the bid I'm making, even as single passenger? 

That’s correct.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kjr5155 said:

Somewhere I read they will tell you at least 2 days before you sail but then when I look at my pending bids, it says (provided your bid hasn't already been accepted) you can modify your bid up to 3 hours before departure!

Some have gotten the denial e-mail well after departure. Pre-COVID the denial used to come around 6PM on the night before departure and for some ships that may still be true. I think a good assumption is that if you don't have a confirmation by two days out, you won't win any bid.

9 minutes ago, MikeKl said:

If you get upgraded to Star Class on Oasis, do you automatically get refunded for your drinks and internet packages or do you have to actually cancel them?  And can you cancel them so close to the cruise?

Your Genie can take care of that for you. All you have to do is ask. 🙂

The suite concierge can also do the same. 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeKl said:

If you get upgraded to Star Class on Oasis, do you automatically get refunded for your drinks and internet packages or do you have to actually cancel them?  And can you cancel them so close to the cruise?

Speak to your genie.  Or cancel 

Edited by Cruise a holic

Hi everyone! I booked a cruise just yesterday for Harmony of the Seas over Christmas holiday. Today I received a Royal Up offer email.

Is it normal to receive a Royal Up email this far in advance? We don't sail till December and final payment is not due till November. 

We're booked in a 2D ocean view balcony and got offered Junior Suite, Grand Suite, 2 bedroom GS and Owner Suite. I have no idea what a good bid would be, but making a bid is substantially less than booking those suites directly. The minimum bid on the JS is $350 pp, and up from there. 

Do I bid now or closer to sail date? Once you receive the Royal Up email, do you have to respond within a certain timeframe?

7 hours ago, Niquein99 said:

Hi everyone! I booked a cruise just yesterday for Harmony of the Seas over Christmas holiday. Today I received a Royal Up offer email.

Is it normal to receive a Royal Up email this far in advance? We don't sail till December and final payment is not due till November. 

We're booked in a 2D ocean view balcony and got offered Junior Suite, Grand Suite, 2 bedroom GS and Owner Suite. I have no idea what a good bid would be, but making a bid is substantially less than booking those suites directly. The minimum bid on the JS is $350 pp, and up from there. 

Do I bid now or closer to sail date? Once you receive the Royal Up email, do you have to respond within a certain timeframe?

I thought that you can only bid 30 prior to your cruise.  You got an email now for december and didn't pay final payment?  Weird?

We have received them around 70-75 days out in the past. Not this time, but checking email daily. 😂

You don’t have a timeframe to respond. We have held off on a couple, bid immediately on others. Unless the minimum changes, I don’t think your delaying would affect it. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I thought that you can only bid 30 prior to your cruise.  You got an email now for december and didn't pay final payment?  Weird?

Yes, that's what I thought too.  I only just booked the cruise the other day, and the next day I got a RoyalUp email.  Only paid deposit on the booking; final payment due in November.  I did a quick search and it seems like some have received an email as far as 90 days out.

1 hour ago, Niquein99 said:

Yes, that's what I thought too.  I only just booked the cruise the other day, and the next day I got a RoyalUp email.  Only paid deposit on the booking; final payment due in November.  I did a quick search and it seems like some have received an email as far as 90 days out.

Yes.  The 30 days comes into play with checking the form on the RCI website, in case you don't get an offer.  Most people get the message that their cruise has to be within 30 days to try that form.  But the email from RoyalUp is a different story.  It can come at any time within a few months before a cruise.

• Like 3