RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

41 minutes ago, ChC said:

Yes you may. But you will have to reprice the cabin based on current price for three in the new suite. I would be surprised if they even allow you to reprice the cabin based on your original cabin.

I'm not sure that's accurate. We had a Star Suite that held 8. Booked that way, not RoyalUp.  Added our son about 8 weeks prior to sailing and only paid the 3rd person rate.

And keep in mind, RoyalUp only cares about the first two passengers anyway.

57 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Darn, I think you are on Oasis. I am on Symphony  Oct. 9.  I just did a bid on a Star Loft suite and some others, we shall see what happens! 

@sandebeach

Well,  Well, Well.

We will get to meet.

We are on this sailing also.

Good luck on your Royal up!!!!!!

So I went to that page to see if the royal up we bid on shows anything.

And when I look the cabin category we selected and placed a bid on says 0.

But when we did it ---- we got a TY.

So, is the bid not registering?????

We booked through a TA, should she do it?

TY 

Edited by Lionesss

1 hour ago, ChC said:

Yes that is what happened: you add a third person, the cabin is repriced [by adding the 3rd person rate]. The 3rd person rate can be different by different region of sales or the cabin category (i.e. it is diffierent between a normal balcony and star suite). Plus you changed the occupants number 8 weeks (2 months!!!!) most likely before the final payment, the case is very different.

Well after final payment in our case. 

Guess we were just lucky😉

FWIW, the OP was asking specifically about STAR, hence why I chimed in with an actual experience 😁

5 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I’ve got 2 bids in that both are marked pending but I can’t make any changes to either. Anyone ever have that? We sail 9/26.

I put in 2 royal up bids, both have an option to modify but say "pending" on the top. I can't log into the royal up website with my last name and reservation number. I don't know if that's a good sign or not. I sail 10/3.

10 minutes ago, ughreally said:

I put in 2 royal up bids, both have an option to modify but say "pending" on the top. I can't log into the royal up website with my last name and reservation number. I don't know if that's a good sign or not. I sail 10/3.

Just checked back into the Royal Up site and our 10/3 Allure cruise is still there. I can modify all our bids still. 

so what happened here. i made a bid a week ago. got confirmation email. today i get another upgrade email, i clicked on it. it showed i made no bids before.

i went to my one week old email and clicked and it said no eligible. what gives?

i did book thru TA if that matters

32 minutes ago, ughreally said:

I just got an email that my bids were canceled due to my reservation being modified. I upgraded to a JS a few weeks ago. I guess they’re just catching up. Right now I’m getting the error message that the cruise must be within 30 days of sailing which I’m 9 so I think I’ll check back tomorrow and see if I can bid again. If not I’m happy with where we are. Good luck to you😊

Just now, luckyinpa said:

so what happened here. i made a bid a week ago. got confirmation email. today i get another upgrade email, i clicked on it. it showed i made no bids before.

i went to my one week old email and clicked and it said no eligible. what gives?

Others have reported that old bids were scrubbed and new ones released. One person mentioned that the new bids had a lower minimum. So, apparently the minimums have been changed for the bids, and the old bids were eliminated. 🤷🏻‍♀️

5 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Others have reported that old bids were scrubbed and new ones released. One person mentioned that the new bids had a lower minimum. So, apparently the minimums have been changed for the bids, and the old bids were eliminated. 🤷🏻‍♀️

not with the suites higher than mine. but i admit i didtn look at the ones that were lower than my existing CLS .the royal loft is still 3K min. 

i did notice the max for the aqua 2BR puts it well below current listing price but they offer little privacy on the balcony so im not interested. but a great way to get a genie cheap! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

Mine says not eligible at the bottom too and I did not use a travel agent, I booked through Royal Caribbean directly. I'm in a balcony and there are still a lot of them available, so I'm not sure if they will want my room

1 hour ago, ughreally said:

I’m having the same issue. My sailing is in 2 days. Maybe it is a glitch with the website? (Although I rather believe it’s a good sign)

On 9/15/2021 at 9:46 AM, forgotmyCCname said:

This morning I received an email cancelling all my previous bids and with a link to new offers. The minimums have decreased by $200 for the Royal Loft to a $400 decrease for Aquatheater 2Br.

Yay!

Good to know that after placing initial RoyalUP bids, if you later pay to upgrade your stateroom to a higher category (because the price to upgrade was less than a RoyalUP bid) then Royal will cancel those initial bids and send you new RoyalUP offers at a lower minimum bid price point.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

not with the suites higher than mine. but i admit i didtn look at the ones that were lower than my existing CLS .the royal loft is still 3K min. 

i did notice the max for the aqua 2BR puts it well below current listing price but they offer little privacy on the balcony so im not interested. but a great way to get a genie cheap! 

More privacy than you think. Huge area off the master bedroom that faces ocean like any other balcony. 

• Like 3

Ugh!!!! Sailing is tomorrow and still nothing. Status is listed as pending and won’t let me modify or cancel. I’ve read others on this thread had a good result when this has happened but they have gotten their acceptance at least 2 days before sailing. Do I still have a chance this close to sailing or they are just keeping me dangling just to receive the rejection as I board?

Just now, dleahy4444 said:

Ugh!!!! Sailing is tomorrow and still nothing. Status is listed as pending and won’t let me modify or cancel. I’ve read others on this thread had a good result when this has happened but they have gotten their acceptance at least 2 days before sailing. Do I still have a chance this close to sailing or they are just keeping me dangling just to receive the rejection as I board?

6pm tonight used to be when rejections went out. 

26 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Are all your bids showing as pending or just one? Or did you only make one bid? Good luck and happy sailing tomorrow 😊