RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

From one Star class to another. We already have all of the Star class perks with our current suite.

Ah, so it is basically just more space....the dollars per square foot increase ratio would have to be pretty low for me to take that as well.

3 hours ago, sabres431 said:

I don't know if it works for everyone or if it means I was getting the email anyways.

As long as Royal Up is available for that sailing and you are booked via RCI or a TA which participates, you should be able to bid regardless of any e-mail.

6 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Star loft to Royal loft. It's only 2 of us so it's easy to say no and be very happy where we are.

im in CLS and my min bid was 3K for the royal so i didnt bid. but i did try the star loft for 820. while id love the royal in principle. i feel it was just be over kill for 2 people. have you ever been in it with just 2 people? i do realize theres value in the side private balcony and tub but i have a hot tub at home so thats no biggie. but to leave teh 2nd bedroom unused just seems too much even for me and i love extravagance lol. 

in a way i hope i get the SL but in a way i dont. it could face the rear of the ship and id prefer privacy but if i win. ill deal. 

11 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

My last two upgrades both worked the same for me anyways.  All my other bids read expired while one was still pending with no option to remove or change my bid.  Both of these turned out to be "winning" bids. Maybe no rhyme or reason but thats how it played out for me.

Same here.

I put in for a RoyalUP Bid on the Symphony (for the 50th anniversary cruise, no less!) and then looked to see what it would cost to just book the Aquatheatre suite without the RoyalUP form the suite we were in.  Turns out it was MUCH cheaper just to cancel and rebook the Aqua Suite.  We had a blast on that cruise- Reyno was our Genie in the upgraded suite.  

So just saying that perhaps price drops and whatever may come into play, so it doesn’t hurt to look.  (Yes, I made the final suite booking 2-3 days prior to sailing date, so that may have made the difference?)

10 hours ago, glendroid23 said:

Finally got the Royal Up email. Currently in a Ocean View balcony on the 7 night alaska on ovation.

Min offers:
GS 2 BR - $450 per guest
GS 1 BR Large Balcony - $400 per guest

GS 1 BR - $350 per guest
JS - $200 per guest

Spacious ocean view Balcony - $60 per guest

Any suggestions? We've never cruised RCL before and don't know what is best over here.. For reference, we paid $498 USD/per person for our balcony GTY before taxes. Thanks

We got the same options about a week ago for the 24Sept sailing of the Ovation.

I went GS 2Bed: $650 (due to the big space, 2 bathrooms, and real separate bedroom), GS Large Balc: $450, and GS Regular: $400.  Today sometime, the two smaller GS's are marked as 'expired", and the GS 2Bed is marked as 'Pending' but without the ability to 'Modify' it.

Looking at the posts above, this could be good news in the next few days.

6 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

I went GS 2Bed: $650 (due to the big space, 2 bathrooms, and real separate bedroom), GS Large Balc: $450, and GS Regular: $400.  Today sometime, the two smaller GS's are marked as 'expired", and the GS 2Bed is marked as 'Pending' but without the ability to 'Modify' it.

Sounds great!  You will enjoy the two bathrooms!  

7 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

I think you may be in good shape. Please come back and let us know if you could.

Just got our confirmation that our bid was accepted for upgrade on Independence of the seas sailing 9/19.  I had bid on several suites, 3 of the 4 of which turned from pending to expired a few days ago.  The 1 Bedroom grand suite stayed pending and today, 3 days prior to sailing it was confirmed.  Very happy sailor..

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, cruzfool said:

Just got our confirmation that our bid was accepted for upgrade on Independence of the seas sailing 9/19.  I had bid on several suites, 3 of the 4 of which turned from pending to expired a few days ago.  The 1 Bedroom grand suite stayed pending and today, 3 days prior to sailing it was confirmed.  Very happy sailor..

Would you mind sharing what your original category was, what the minimum was, and what your accepted bid was?  No problem if you'd rather not share.  I'm just wondering what chance my Freedom bid has.  LOL

• Thanks 1

Just now, ScoobyGal said:

Would you mind sharing what your original category was, what the minimum was, and what your accepted bid was?  No problem if you'd rather not share.  I'm just wondering what chance my Freedom bid has.  LOL

I kinda wish everyone would do this. 

After the bid is accepted, of course. No one wants to tip their hand prior to winning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We're on Independence September 27 in a balcony room and have entered bids for the Grand Suite, Owner's Suite, and the Royal Suite (which I was really surprised that it might be available). I just checked, and all three bids still show as pending. Fingers crossed, and congratulations to everyone who gets their upgrade!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

cancelations do happen the royal loft just opened up for my cruise. 10K is not a bad price. but hopefully someone will win the bid on it

What sailing are you on? I would love to cruise in a Royal Loft, the pictures of that Loft look fabulous. 

Edited by sandebeach

I just checked my 10-2-21 RoyalUP bids.  JS is expired and the GS is pending.  Does this indicate that they are no longer excepting bids from anyone?  I really didn’t check but was there a period of time that I could of adjusted my bid After the initial one?  Do we know when they usually stop excepting bids?